Which Part Of The Bible Is...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
...the Most Important?

Is it not in Paul's epistles that we should find God's Plan,
Purpose, And Directions For The Body Of Christ, Under GRACE?:

"
“All Scripture Is Given By Inspiration Of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for
instruction in righteousness” (II Tim. 3:16).​

While the whole Bible is the Word of God and vitally important, all of the Bible
does not deal with the same subject matter. In general the Bible is about God’s
Redemptive Plan for mankind.

Of course, Jesus Christ is the central figure of the entire Bible so, essentially it is
about Him, and what He has done, what He is doing now, and what He will do in
the future.

To answer the question “which part of the Bible is the most important,” first we
must determine which part of God’s program do we want to know about. Just as
a repair manual for an automobile is divided into sections or chapters that give
detailed information for the different parts or systems of the automobile covered
in the manual, the Bible is divided into sections which give detailed information
about the various dispensations past, present, and future.

Just as we would not read the section in the repair manual that tells how to
change a fuel pump when you wanted to replace a universal joint in the drive
shaft, we should not look to those parts of the Bible that concern the historical
aspects of God’s dealing with Israel, nor should we try to apply the part that
deals with Israel’s future (prophecy) to the “dispensation of Grace” that we
live in today.

Just as a good mechanic will have an excellent overall understanding of how all
the parts and systems of an automobile work, we should have a good grasp of
the entire Bible. But let us make sure that we are diligent to

“study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that
needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth”

(II Tim. 2:15).​

It is in Paul’s letters that we find God’s plan, purpose, and directions for
the present dispensation.
"
(E Bedore)

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

GRACE And Peace...

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Adam and Eve disobeyed God and brought death to man. God made atonement for sin that brings about our death by giving Christ's brood on the altar. We are told about it in Lev. 17:11. For the life of the flesh is in the blood and I have given it t you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.

Every scripture in the old and new testament pertains to man taking advantage of that offer. For about 4,000 years the blood of animals was used symbolically for forgiveness of sin.

Much of scripture tells us of the law that we are forgiven for breaking. In the old testament this law is given in stone that is of the earth, and God appointed Moses to give us this law. It was written in stone, and stone does not have a heart, so being in stone it was imperfect. Christ came and fulfilled everything, even perfecting the law as Christ put the same law in our hearts.

This is what the bible is about, and if we truly learn from it we read the sameness in all of it, we see it as a cohesive unit.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It is in Paul’s letters that we find God’s plan, purpose, and directions for the present dispensation.
True. But to establish any doctrine, we should not neglect any part of the Bible. Paul's letters or epistles are replete with quotations from the OT, and this is true for all of the NT.

P

pottersclay

Adam and Eve disobeyed God and brought death to man. God made atonement for sin that brings about our death by giving Christ's brood on the altar. We are told about it in Lev. 17:11. For the life of the flesh is in the blood and I have given it t you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.

Every scripture in the old and new testament pertains to man taking advantage of that offer. For about 4,000 years the blood of animals was used symbolically for forgiveness of sin.

Much of scripture tells us of the law that we are forgiven for breaking. In the old testament this law is given in stone that is of the earth, and God appointed Moses to give us this law. It was written in stone, and stone does not have a heart, so being in stone it was imperfect. Christ came and fulfilled everything, even perfecting the law as Christ put the same law in our hearts.

This is what the bible is about, and if we truly learn from it we read the sameness in all of it, we see it as a cohesive unit.
Sadly i find this far from the truth brother. If your talking about Israel taking advantage of God.
The sacrafice and offerings were given to them by God as a form of worship but also a foreshadowing of Shiloh (messiah).
Unfortunately they took it as works toward salvation. It is a example to us. Which brings me to the stone that the finger of God carved in.
That stone represents mankinds heart . The distance between heaven and hell is about 16 inches. The distance between your head and your heart.
The Lord said he will write his law upon the hearts of the people. He also said he will give us a new heart.
Gods greatest challenge per say is to soften mans heart, and our greatest challenge is to allow him to do so.

P

pottersclay

...the Most Important?

"

While the whole Bible is the Word of God and vitally important, all of the Bible

Of course, Jesus Christ is the central figure of the entire Bible so, essentially it is
the future.

To answer the question “which part of the Bible is the most important,” first we
a repair manual for an automobile is divided into sections or chapters that give
detailed information for the different parts or systems of the automobile covered
in the manual, the Bible is divided into sections which give detailed information

shaft, we should not look to those parts of the Bible that concern the historical
live in today.

"
(E Bedore)

View attachment 241215

GRACE And Peace...
God question saint.
I would say the most important part of the bible is where you find yourself in it.
I would say that God has written about every kind of person there is. From saintly to aintly. Where are you?
As we all know the bible is more than just a book. God has revealed himself through his word for sure but also he has revealed each and everyone of us.
Nothing gets more attention than reading about yourself or should i say seeing yourselt.
Ever look at those family pic and so forth? Truthfully who do you look for first.
Question is once you find yourself what are you going to do?😮🤔🤔😉

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Which part of human anatomy is the most important? The brain, the heart, the lungs or perhaps the digestive system?
Is there one part you can be complete without?

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Which part of human anatomy is the most important? The brain, the heart, the lungs or perhaps the digestive system?
Is there one part you can be complete without?
Going over the book of Judges yesterday....

I feel like it's a repeat of the current world setting.
The Israelites who were the most self disciplined nation and the most highly educated absolutely lost all semblance of discipline and education.

"Everyone did what was right in their own eyes". They didn't use the scriptures to learn what was right or wrong. They were abusive towards everyone and each other. They couldn't even read or write and those who still could were uninterested in teaching the people the scriptures about what was pleasing to God.

Today we have plenty of copies of scriptures....but so few can actually understand them or know how to apply proper hermeneutics it's a disaster. The spiritual leaders tell you what our itching ears want to hear instead of what we need to hear.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
The Gospels

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
THE GOSPEL OF JESUS THE CHRIST is the most important part of Scripture.

ALL of Scripture, from Genesis to Revelation TESTIFY OF HIM!

Why do people not understand this? Why do people believe that what the Apostle Paul wrote is more important than what Jesus taught?

...........sad, truly sad........

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
...the Most Important?

"

the future.

live in today.

"
(E Bedore)

View attachment 241215

GRACE And Peace...
God's aim, before he formed the earth, was to adopt a family that would praise and worship him. This adoption process was started by Jesus paying the price for the sins of those that God had chosen and given to him. Jesus's death on the cross made them holy and without blame and secured his adopted family an inheritance of an everlasting life with him in heaven. The inspired scriptures were not written instructions as to how to get saved eternally, but written instructions as to how God wanted his children to live their lives as they sojourned here on earth. God's adopted children have a promise of being delivered eternally and evidence of being delivered daily as they sojourn here on earth.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Every scripture in the old and new testament pertains to man taking advantage of that offer. F
Give me scripture that says mankind takes advantage of that offer? Jesus's death on the cross was an offering to God for God's acceptance, not to man.

C

ChristianTonyB

“All scripture is inspired by God”…. that’s enough said, as far as I am concerned!

LoveBrokeThru

Mar 17, 2022
The most important part of the bible is. "Christ on the Cross".

As this is the ONLY offer of Salvation to the world.

John 14:6

John 3:16

2 Corinthians 5:19

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Sadly i find this far from the truth brother. If your talking about Israel taking advantage of God.
The sacrafice and offerings were given to them by God as a form of worship but also a foreshadowing of Shiloh (messiah).
Unfortunately they took it as works toward salvation. It is a example to us. Which brings me to the stone that the finger of God carved in.
That stone represents mankinds heart . The distance between heaven and hell is about 16 inches. The distance between your head and your heart.
The Lord said he will write his law upon the hearts of the people. He also said he will give us a new heart.
Gods greatest challenge per say is to soften mans heart, and our greatest challenge is to allow him to do so.
I am talking about God forgiving sin so we are saved and live with God in heaven forever.

The nations in the old testament, every one, made idols their God. God speaks in scripture to every man he created although it was addressed to Israel who would listen, but God is truth for all man. What God says is truth, not a private message to Israel.

The sacrificial system isn't a form of worship, it is all about symbolizing Christ as a sacrifice for our sin. It is about forgiving our sin and giving us the salvation that Christ made perfect.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Going over the book of Judges yesterday....

I feel like it's a repeat of the current world setting.
The Israelites who were the most self disciplined nation and the most highly educated absolutely lost all semblance of discipline and education.

"Everyone did what was right in their own eyes". They didn't use the scriptures to learn what was right or wrong. They were abusive towards everyone and each other. They couldn't even read or write and those who still could were uninterested in teaching the people the scriptures about what was pleasing to God.

Today we have plenty of copies of scriptures....but so few can actually understand them or know how to apply proper hermeneutics it's a disaster. The spiritual leaders tell you what our itching ears want to hear instead of what we need to hear.

Ecclesiastes1-17-18

P

pottersclay

I am talking about God forgiving sin so we are saved and live with God in heaven forever.

The nations in the old testament, every one, made idols their God. God speaks in scripture to every man he created although it was addressed to Israel who would listen, but God is truth for all man. What God says is truth, not a private message to Israel.

The sacrificial system isn't a form of worship, it is all about symbolizing Christ as a sacrifice for our sin. It is about forgiving our sin and giving us the salvation that Christ made perfect.
The sacraficial system is not a form of worship? So obedience is not worship? And today we as christians do not make idols.
Yes as i stated it was a forshadowing of JESUS but also israel is a lesson to us.
Abraham is the father of our Faith is he not. He was a idol maker. Fact is abraham made a covenant with God with a pagan ritual.
Its the heart of man that needs changing....always has been.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
True. But to establish any doctrine, we should not neglect any part of the Bible. Paul's letters or epistles are replete with quotations from the OT, and this is true for all of the NT.
you wouldn’t say the gospel and time Jesus spent on earth is the crown jewel of the Bible ? And his servant and witness Paul was preaching about the truth of the gospel ?

I thought any Christian sort of knew that part paul certainly did it’s why he dedicated his life to witnessing the gospel of Jesus Christ because it’s most definately the crown jewel and only requirement of mankind for salvation

It’s also Gods eternal judgement word that everyone has to answer to

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
you wouldn’t say the gospel and time Jesus spent on earth is the crown jewel of the Bible ?
I would agree. I have in fact written a monograph on the miracles of Christ (as recorded). But not all have been recorded.

ThewindBlows

Sep 30, 2019
The most important part of the bible is. "Christ on the Cross".

As this is the ONLY offer of Salvation to the world.

John 14:6

John 3:16

2 Corinthians 5:19

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

When I first started reading the Bible this became my favorite Verse, I was surprised to find out it annoys a lot of people, I thought if everyone could just hear about this man that never did anything wrong how could they not like him, if they see the love that God has for them how could they not embrace it, I thought the world just needed to hear it.....turns out most don't want to hear it...... But still, a Verse that grows stronger to me all the time