Which Phone...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Siberian_Khatru

My wireless carrier is Verizon and my contract is up, meaning I'm eligible for an upgrade. I won't be upgrading until the new year, as my current phone (HTC One M8) treats me great still, and because I'm kind of financially tapped out right now. :eek:

The trouble I'm having is that none of the current phones are jumping out at me, and there isn't much leakage on upcoming flagships for me to gravitate towards any device(s) around the corner.

So right now, I'm kind of on the edge of either getting an LG (I like to switch the brand with each Android phone I get, and I've already owned a Samsung, a Motorola, and now an HTC), or jumping the Android ship and trying an iPhone; probably a 6s, unless I hold out for the 7 (and have the money for it).

Thoughts, anybody? Which phones do you like/grab your attention, and why?

W

WarriorForChrist

My wireless carrier is Verizon and my contract is up, meaning I'm eligible for an upgrade. I won't be upgrading until the new year, as my current phone (HTC One M8) treats me great still, and because I'm kind of financially tapped out right now. :eek:

The trouble I'm having is that none of the current phones are jumping out at me, and there isn't much leakage on upcoming flagships for me to gravitate towards any device(s) around the corner.

So right now, I'm kind of on the edge of either getting an LG (I like to switch the brand with each Android phone I get, and I've already owned a Samsung, a Motorola, and now an HTC), or jumping the Android ship and trying an iPhone; probably a 6s, unless I hold out for the 7 (and have the money for it).

I was with At&t and tried the Iphone 6 and didn't much care for it. I am use to the Windows phone so I guess I would say Windows. I have tried many android phones and I really haven't liked too many of them. The only downside to the Windows phone is a lot of the apps you get with android and iphone won't be in the store. You could always get the HTC One M9 since you like the M8.

U

Ugly

LG V10 is the pimp phone out right now. It's nice. I have the iPhone 6+, as well as my father. My brother has an iPhone too. We all can't wait to get rid of them.

A

Abing

iPhone 6s. Rose gold, okay, maybe not. But iPhone it is, if you're the type of person who has no time for customization (I honestly like the non-root user limitations for iPhones, as it saves me a lot of time). However, if you enjoy the many things you can do with Android, how about a Sony or a Lenovo? Or, ever considered Blackberry? :rolleyes:

S

Siberian_Khatru

I was with At&t and tried the Iphone 6 and didn't much care for it. I am use to the Windows phone so I guess I would say Windows. I have tried many android phones and I really haven't liked too many of them. The only downside to the Windows phone is a lot of the apps you get with android and iphone won't be in the store. You could always get the HTC One M9 since you like the M8.
Hmm, I'll have to test a Windows phone. Haven't liked what I've seen so far. The M9 is nice but it's a very conservative upgrade; a lot of people expressed disappointment with it, so I'll probably skip it and see what's in store for HTC next year. Thanks! Which Windows phone do you have and what do you like about it?

LG V10 is the pimp phone out right now. It's nice. I have the iPhone 6+, as well as my father. My brother has an iPhone too. We all can't wait to get rid of them.
I was looking at the V10! It's pretty nice, and I'd really like something with a better camera (which it seems to have). Only complaint I've heard so far is the battery life, but still considering it. How come no love for the iPhone 6?

iPhone 6s. Rose gold, okay, maybe not. But iPhone it is, if you're the type of person who has no time for customization (I honestly like the non-root user limitations for iPhones, as it saves me a lot of time). However, if you enjoy the many things you can do with Android, how about a Sony or a Lenovo? Or, ever considered Blackberry? :rolleyes:
I am willing to adapt to a new platform, but what I'm really after is build quality and a better camera. The speakers on my current phone are some of the best in the market and I feel a little spoiled by them, so I'd like to get something with stereo speakers again; there's a Sony phone I considered that has them, but I don't think Verizon carries it or the Lenovo phones. Blackberry... lol. They're actually pretty cool, but have kind of fallen by the wayside.

W

WarriorForChrist

Hmm, I'll have to test a Windows phone. Haven't liked what I've seen so far. The M9 is nice but it's a very conservative upgrade; a lot of people expressed disappointment with it, so I'll probably skip it and see what's in store for HTC next year. Thanks! Which Windows phone do you have and what do you like about it?

I was looking at the V10! It's pretty nice, and I'd really like something with a better camera (which it seems to have). Only complaint I've heard so far is the battery life, but still considering it. How come no love for the iPhone 6?

I am willing to adapt to a new platform, but what I'm really after is build quality and a better camera. The speakers on my current phone are some of the best in the market and I feel a little spoiled by them, so I'd like to get something with stereo speakers again; there's a Sony phone I considered that has them, but I don't think Verizon carries it or the Lenovo phones. Blackberry... lol. They're actually pretty cool, but have kind of fallen by the wayside.
I like the ease of use with it. Battery life is really good on the newer ones and I've never had an issue of it malfunctioning or slowing down at all. At&t has the newest windows 10 phone (950 and 950XL) so my next one will be that. I'm not sure if verizon will be getting that phone at all.

U

Ugly

Just find the iPhone annoying. Not fun. Not as easy to figure out initially. We knew within a few days we both wanted to get rid of our iPhones, but it would've cost too much.
When i was visiting the ex she got the V10. Went in for the Note 5, but the guy suggested the V10 over it. I played around with it and really liked it. Read reviews on it and it got great reviews. Unfortunately Sprint (my carrier) doesn't carry the phone and has made no mention of the phone at all. A number of people were considering leaving Sprint since they won't carry it, even long term Sprint users.

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
I used to be an iphone user until switching this summer. I went with a new phone from the Galaxy S6 line. When I was looking, it came down to that, a windows phone, and an htc, but I'm glad I made the choice that I did. I have the Active, so I can't speak for the other Galaxy S6 versions, but the camera(imo arguably the best on the market) and battery life on mine are fantastic. Those two things were pretty much at the top of my list.

I will say that the iphone wins for simplicity; being user-friendly, and it looks great lol. Other than that, from experience, I don't see it as an upgrade over an android and would never go back to it.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Helped my mom get the Droid MAXX 2 for my dad (her Christmas present to him). The whole online phone purchasing process feels like buying a car...

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
I've stuck with Apple for 4-5 years and haven't been disappointed. Love iPhone but I can see why someone wouldn't like it if they use their phone as a utility for basically everything in their life. But for texting, calls, cam, music, and killing 11 hours in an airport, iPhone gets the job done each and every time.

mochi

May 26, 2015
I use asus zenfone and i like the camera and others feature but not really with the speaker..
Sonny has a good camera and speaker (with reasonable price).. next is samsung..

but if i must choose between iphone or LG i prefer iphone..

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
I would advise you to skip the Windows and give the iPhone bandwagon a miss. I have an ASUS Zenphone2 and it is a pretty awesome phone and comes loaded with features. However, there is one phone which I think is the best - a tech geek's true friend. It is the OnePlus 2. Here are some cool things about the phone -

- Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 with Quad-core 1.56 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 CPUs, Adreno 430 GPU
- Internal storage of 64GB (non-expandable)
- 4 GB RAM
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, fingerprint sensor, GPS
- Screen is a Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery

What is even cooler about this phone is that its ownership is exclusive, meaning that it cannot be bought off the shelves or ordered
online. You need an invite to buy this phone!

Oh, and it is NOT as expensive as the iPhone. :rolleyes:

Check out the website here.

OnePlus also launched a new, sleekier sibling of the OnePlus 2, called the OnePlus X. But, I think you should still go for the OnePlus 2. Here is a comparison between both the models.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I was checking out the OnePlus2 last night. Looks like a really nice phone! I have that one filed away.

As it turns out, I've found the phone that I want most, but it's also not offered by my carrier and is out of my price range (Nexus 6P).

Thanks for the input, everyone!

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Its a bit bulky, but you can fit it into a backpack.
I think it has a touchscreen?

Maybe on the backside of it?

Fotolia_5859989_Subscription_XL~2.jpg

Cindy12

Jan 5, 2015

I've been with Verizon about 15 years or more ... Last year, I got a new "Samsung flip phone" for free. Yes, a flip phone. I totally refuse to pay for Data and internet service for a cell phone. I use mine though for phone calls from the hubby and kids, or an emergency text. If I surf the net, I do it at home on a laptop. (BTW, I do have 2 iphones at home that my son has because he upgraded, leaving me the old ones if I ever decide to switch over -- but I won't) If your tight for money, why not save a fortune and go for a flip phone? I pay like $20 a month for mine. :)

Last edited:
S

shlee23

I went from an iPhone years go to Android and said I'd never go back. But when the Galaxy S6 came out, it didn't impress me so I got an iPhone 6plus. It's been a nice break from Android. The camera is nice, it doesn't freeze or crash like my Samsung or LG often did.

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
I was checking out the OnePlus2 last night. Looks like a really nice phone! I have that one filed away.

As it turns out, I've found the phone that I want most, but it's also not offered by my carrier and is out of my price range (Nexus 6P).

Check out a spec comparison between the Nexus 6P vs OnePlus 2. Ultimately, it is about you feeling comfortable about the phone. I feel that the OnePlus 2 may fit your budget too. Just make sure you check whether the phone is available for shipment to the U.S., and where are their service centres. :)

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia

Not sure if its still the same but you have to be invited by someone who has a OnePlus phone to get one, unless someone is selling theirs secondhand.
I got a Sony xperia Z2 a few months back, best phone I've ever had, great build quality, beautiful screen, fast and snappy..there ain't much difference between Z2-Z4 but I think the Z5 will be. I think I'll always stick with Sony now I like it that much...and their generally quick to roll out updates too.

S

Siberian_Khatru

If your tight for money, why not save a fortune and go for a flip phone? I pay like $20 a month for mine. :)
Money isn't tight so much as I'm not willing to spend what I consider to be a bit of an outlandish premium for a phone. $400+ is just plain excessive IMO - coming from something of a tech nerd, even. Very cool that you are saving so much money on your phone!

I went from an iPhone years go to Android and said I'd never go back. But when the Galaxy S6 came out, it didn't impress me so I got an iPhone 6plus. It's been a nice break from Android. The camera is nice, it doesn't freeze or crash like my Samsung or LG often did.
Yeah, the verdict seems to be that the iPhone 6 camera rocks the kasbah. That is definitely one of the top reasons I considered it - that and the interest in diving into a new platform. It's still on the consideration list.

Check out a spec comparison between the Nexus 6P vs OnePlus 2. Ultimately, it is about you feeling comfortable about the phone. I feel that the OnePlus 2 may fit your budget too. Just make sure you check whether the phone is available for shipment to the U.S., and where are their service centres. :)
Guess where the service center is... give up? It's...

:p