Which Sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mtothethirdpwer

Did the death and resurrection, of Yeshua, cover all sins?

If not which ones puts us in hell; if we think we are saved?

If sin can make you unsaved after salvation how are you going to get to heaven?

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Matthew 10:22, “And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”

Matt 24:12-13, “And because of the increase in lawlessness, the love of many shall become cold. But he who shall have endured to the end shall be saved.”

Hebrews 10:36-38, “For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of Yah you may receive what is promised. 37 For yet a little while – He who is coming shall come and shall not delay. 38 But the righteous shall live by belief, but if anyone draws back, my being has no pleasure in him.”

Hebrews 9:27-28, “And as it awaits men to die once, and after this the judgment, so also the Messiah, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time, apart from sin, to those waiting for Him, unto salvation.”

Thinking or declaring ones self saved does not make it true or false...

The Messiah is the judge

John 5:21-30,21 “For as the Father raises the dead and makes alive, even so the Son makes alive whom He wishes."22 “For the Father judges no one, but has given all the judgment to the Son,"23 that all should value the Son even as they value the Father. He who does not value the Son does not value the Father who sent Him."24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me possesses everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of Elohim. And those having heard shall live."26 “For as the Father possesses life in Himself, so He gave also to the Son to possess life in Himself,"27 and He has given Him authority also to do judgment, because He is the Son of Aḏam."28 “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the tombs shall hear His voice,"29 and shall come forth – those who have practiced righteousness, to the resurrection of life, and those who have practised evil matters, to a resurrection of judgment."30 “Of Myself I am unable to do any matter. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own desire, but the desire of the Father who sent Me."

James 1:12, "Blessed is the man who does endure trial, for when he has been proved, he shall receive the crown of life which the Master has promised to those who love Him."

Isaiah 11:1-10, “And a Twig shall come forth from the stump of Yishai, and a Branch from his roots shall be fruitful. The Spirit of יהוה shall rest upon Him – the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of יהוה, and shall make Him breathe in the fear of יהוה. And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes, nor decide by the hearing of His ears. But with righteousness He shall judge the poor, and shall decide with straightness for the meek ones of the earth, and shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth (Rev 19:15, Hebrews 4:12-13), and slay the wrong with the breath of His lips. And righteousness shall be the girdle of His loins, and trustworthiness the girdle of His waist. And a wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and a leopard lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together, and a little child leads them. And cow and bear shall feed, their young ones lie down together, and a lion eat straw like an ox. And the nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole, and the weaned child shall put his hand in the adder’s den. They do no evil nor destroy in all My set-apart mountain, for the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of יהוה as the waters cover the sea. And in that day there shall be a Root of Yishai, standing as a banner to the people. Unto Him the nations shall seek, and His rest shall be esteem.”

Mat 25:23, “His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.”

M

mtothethirdpwer

Matthew 10:22, “And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”

Matt 24:12-13, “And because of the increase in lawlessness, the love of many shall become cold. But he who shall have endured to the end shall be saved.”

Hebrews 10:36-38, “For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of Yah you may receive what is promised. 37 For yet a little while – He who is coming shall come and shall not delay. 38 But the righteous shall live by belief, but if anyone draws back, my being has no pleasure in him.”

Hebrews 9:27-28, “And as it awaits men to die once, and after this the judgment, so also the Messiah, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, shall appear a second time, apart from sin, to those waiting for Him, unto salvation.”

Thinking or declaring ones self saved does not make it true or false...

The Messiah is the judge

John 5:21-30,21 “For as the Father raises the dead and makes alive, even so the Son makes alive whom He wishes."22 “For the Father judges no one, but has given all the judgment to the Son,"23 that all should value the Son even as they value the Father. He who does not value the Son does not value the Father who sent Him."24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me possesses everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of Elohim. And those having heard shall live."26 “For as the Father possesses life in Himself, so He gave also to the Son to possess life in Himself,"27 and He has given Him authority also to do judgment, because He is the Son of Aḏam."28 “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the tombs shall hear His voice,"29 and shall come forth – those who have practiced righteousness, to the resurrection of life, and those who have practised evil matters, to a resurrection of judgment."30 “Of Myself I am unable to do any matter. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own desire, but the desire of the Father who sent Me."

James 1:12, "Blessed is the man who does endure trial, for when he has been proved, he shall receive the crown of life which the Master has promised to those who love Him."

Isaiah 11:1-10, “And a Twig shall come forth from the stump of Yishai, and a Branch from his roots shall be fruitful. The Spirit of יהוה shall rest upon Him – the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of יהוה, and shall make Him breathe in the fear of יהוה. And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes, nor decide by the hearing of His ears. But with righteousness He shall judge the poor, and shall decide with straightness for the meek ones of the earth, and shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth (Rev 19:15, Hebrews 4:12-13), and slay the wrong with the breath of His lips. And righteousness shall be the girdle of His loins, and trustworthiness the girdle of His waist. And a wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and a leopard lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together, and a little child leads them. And cow and bear shall feed, their young ones lie down together, and a lion eat straw like an ox. And the nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole, and the weaned child shall put his hand in the adder’s den. They do no evil nor destroy in all My set-apart mountain, for the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of יהוה as the waters cover the sea. And in that day there shall be a Root of Yishai, standing as a banner to the people. Unto Him the nations shall seek, and His rest shall be esteem.”

Mat 25:23, “His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.”

Who can disagree with Scripture? So how long is covered by the Blood? If they are coved, how long? Could those that did not endure never be really saved in the first place?

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Words from the Master:

Luke 9:62, "But יהושע said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the reign of YHWH.”

Reminds me of this:

2 Chronicles 15:1-2, “And the Spirit of Elohim came upon Azaryahu son of Oḏĕḏ."2 And he went out to face Asa, and said to him, “Hear me, Asa, and all Yehuḏah and Binyamin. יהוה is with you while you are with Him. And if you seek Him, He is found by you, but if you forsake Him, He forsakes you.”

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Who can disagree with Scripture? So how long is covered by the Blood? If they are coved, how long? Could those that did not endure never be really saved in the first place?
Well the blood of Yahshua washes sin away completely, however this is not a free pass to sin, or else why would John/Yahanan say this:

1 John 1:8-10, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us."

To understand how this exactly works w would have to look at the priesthood system, and considering Yahshua is the eternal High Priest it is Him working now and forever to do this:

Hebrews 7:24-25,"but He, because He remains forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save completely those who draw near to יהוה through Him, ever living to make intercession for them."

Hebrews 4:14-15, "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest Who has ascended into the heavens: Yahshua the Son of יהוה, let us hold fast our profession. For we do not have a High Priest Who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all ways tempted as we are, yet was without sin."

To support this idea that we may not continue in dosobedience I could look to a number of passages, but rather a few:

Mat 4:17, "From that time יהושע began to proclaim and to say, “Repent, for the reign of the heavens has drawn near.”

Jeremiah 7:9-11, “Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, vow falsely, burn incense to Baal, follow hinder gods you know nothing of, And then come and stand before Me in this House upon which My Name is called, and say; “We are saved!” Saved to do all these abominations? Has this House, which is called with My Name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen this! says YHWH.”

Hebrews 10:26-31, “For if we sin purposely after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice offering for sins, but some fearsome anticipation of judgment, and a fierce fire which is about to consume the opponents. Anyone who has disregarded the Torah of Mosheh dies without compassion on the witness of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment do you think shall he deserve who has trampled the Son of Yah underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was set apart as common, and insulted the Spirit of mercy? For we know Him who has said, “Vengeance is Mine, I shall repay, says יהוה.” And again, “יהוה shall judge His people. It is fearsome to fall into the hands of the living Father.”

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018

Hi m3, the Bible tells us that "every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men" except for one, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (which is said to be unpardonable, either in this age, or in the age to come) .. e.g Matthew 12:31-32, Mark 3:28-30 cf 1 John 5:16.

However, since I do not believe that it's possible to commit that particular sin today, all sins and blasphemies can now be forgiven (but only on this side of the grave, of course .. cf Hebrews 9:27).

~Deut

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
1 John 1:8-10, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us."
I should have quoted from a verse or 2 earlier than I did:

1 John 1:5-10,5 And this is the message which we have heard from Him and announce to you, that Elohim is light and in Him is no darkness at all."6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and are not doing the truth."7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of יהושע Messiah His Son cleanses us from all sin."8 If we say that we have no sin, we are misleading ourselves, and the truth is not in us."9 If we confess our sins, He is trustworthy and righteous to forgive us the sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us."

M

mtothethirdpwer

Well the blood of Yahshua washes sin away completely, however this is not a free pass to sin, or else why would John/Yahanan say this:

To understand how this exactly works w would have to look at the priesthood system, and considering Yahshua is the eternal High Priest it is Him working now and forever to do this:

Hebrews 7:24-25,"but He, because He remains forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save completely those who draw near to יהוה through Him, ever living to make intercession for them."

Hebrews 4:14-15, "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest Who has ascended into the heavens: Yahshua the Son of יהוה, let us hold fast our profession. For we do not have a High Priest Who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all ways tempted as we are, yet was without sin."

To support this idea that we may not continue in dosobedience I could look to a number of passages, but rather a few:

Mat 4:17, "From that time יהושע began to proclaim and to say, “Repent, for the reign of the heavens has drawn near.”

Jeremiah 7:9-11, “Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, vow falsely, burn incense to Baal, follow hinder gods you know nothing of, And then come and stand before Me in this House upon which My Name is called, and say; “We are saved!” Saved to do all these abominations? Has this House, which is called with My Name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen this! says YHWH.”

Hebrews 10:26-31, “For if we sin purposely after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice offering for sins, but some fearsome anticipation of judgment, and a fierce fire which is about to consume the opponents. Anyone who has disregarded the Torah of Mosheh dies without compassion on the witness of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment do you think shall he deserve who has trampled the Son of Yah underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was set apart as common, and insulted the Spirit of mercy? For we know Him who has said, “Vengeance is Mine, I shall repay, says יהוה.” And again, “יהוה shall judge His people. It is fearsome to fall into the hands of the living Father.”

I do not know any Christian that feels like there is a free pass to sin. The Holy Spirit convicts me of my sin and any Christian. Sometimes He just has to say a Word, sometimes I just read His Word and I WALK THE OTHER WAY!!! Sometimes He lets me suffer consequences, even sever before I turn around. But no matter where I have been at with Him in my relationship in 30+ years I have always known if I die, even right now as I type, I will go to heaven!!! I just do not understand someone thinking they are saved tonight but might end up in Hell tomorrow because Messiah's death, burial, and resurrection (G-d) Himself is too pitiful to keep them and human works can take us from His hands; when human works could not get us saved in the first place....

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
I do not know any Christian that feels like there is a free pass to sin. The Holy Spirit convicts me of my sin and any Christian. Sometimes He just has to say a Word, sometimes I just read His Word and I WALK THE OTHER WAY!!! Sometimes He lets me suffer consequences, even sever before I turn around. But no matter where I have been at with Him in my relationship in 30+ years I have always known if I die, even right now as I type, I will go to heaven!!! I just do not understand someone thinking they are saved tonight but might end up in Hell tomorrow because Messiah's death, burial, and resurrection (G-d) Himself is too pitiful to keep them and human works can take us from His hands; when human works could not get us saved in the first place....
IMO I see you hearing of His guidance and the fact He does guide and chasten, shows a child of the Most High...who seeks to listen... PraiseYah! and certianly Yah;s mercy is beyond our sight, I think it smart to take heed rather than use it as excuse. As Kepha/Peter says, using freedom to be a servant not an excuse... While I am definitly not perfect I do know: Salvation is from YHWH, submission is from us.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012

If sin can make you unsaved, then Jesus failed in His mission to reconcile us to the Father. Remember, Jesus' blood is not common (like the blood of bulls and goats), for if it was He would've had to suffer since the foundation of the world for our sins (Hebrews 9:25-26) because He is the sacrifice for sin. However, and praise the Lord, He did one sacrifice for sins forever, and then sat at the Father's right hand. His blood grants us the remission of sin, and where remission of these is there is no more offering for sin (Hebrews 10:18).

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
If sin can make you unsaved, then Jesus failed in His mission to reconcile us to the Father. Remember, Jesus' blood is not common (like the blood of bulls and goats), for if it was He would've had to suffer since the foundation of the world for our sins (Hebrews 9:25-26) because He is the sacrifice for sin. However, and praise the Lord, He did one sacrifice for sins forever, and then sat at the Father's right hand. His blood grants us the remission of sin, and where remission of these is there is no more offering for sin (Hebrews 10:18).
On top of this we must consider His role as our High Priest, our Advocate with the Father.

1 John 2:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

He is the propitiation for our sins and as our High Priest He does what? Intercede.

Hebrews 7:25-27 King James Version (KJV)
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

He is able to save us completely, to the uttermost.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

There is only one sin that Jesus revealed would never be forgiven.. It is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.. If one believes Jesus and trusts in the atonement He secured by His death on the cross then all other sins will be forgiven..

A group of scribes blasphemed the Holy Spirit when they claimed that Jesus was doing His miracles by the power of a demon..

Mark3 KJV
22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.
23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?
24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
27 No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
On top of this we must consider His role as our High Priest, our Advocate with the Father.

1 John 2:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

He is the propitiation for our sins and as our High Priest He does what? Intercede.

Hebrews 7:25-27 King James Version (KJV)
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

He is able to save us completely, to the uttermost.
One of the most neglected rules of Bible interpretation is “rightly dividing the word of truth” and so many foolish people attempt to force pre-crucifixion verses into discussions to “prove” true believers can lose the free gift of God through grace.

Disgusting!

E

eternally-gratefull

IF sin can make you disqualified, then one must determine how good is good enough. What is the cut-off. Between not to much sin and too much sin, Because we would have to know this.

Jesus said all manner of blasphemy and sin WILL be forgiven all men. I would just take Jesus at his word.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Hebrews 10:14
by one sacrifice He has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

how long is forever?

:)