Which temple of the lord 🤔

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Which temple of the lord did Zechariah visit to burn incense at the altar of incense.
Could Zachariah of been a descendant of Ishmael.
Much to learn I know, especially about the altar of incense

Luke 1
The Birth of John the Baptist Foretold
5 In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron. 6 Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commands and decrees blamelessly. 7 But they were childless because Elizabeth was not able to conceive, and they were both very old.

8 Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, 9 he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense. 10 And when the time for the burning of incense came, all the assembled worshipers were praying outside.

11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

18 Zechariah asked the angel, “How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years.”

19 The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. 20 And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time.”

21 Meanwhile, the people were waiting for Zechariah and wondering why he stayed so long in the temple. 22 When he came out, he could not speak to them. They realized he had seen a vision in the temple, for he kept making signs to them but remained unable to speak.

23 When his time of service was completed, he returned home. 24 After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant and for five months remained in seclusion. 25 “The Lord has done this for me,” she said. “In these days he has shown his favor and taken away my disgrace among the people.”

Zechariah (New Testament figugre

Not to be confused with Zechariah (Hebrew prophet) or Zechariah of Israel.
Zechariah (Hebrew: זְכַרְיָה Zəḵaryā, "remember Yah"; Greek: Ζαχαρίας; Zacharias in KJV; Zachary in the Douay–Rheims Bible; Zakariyya (Arabic: زكـريـا, romanized: Zakariyyā) in Islamic tradition) is a figure in the New Testament and the Quran,[2] and venerated in Christianity and Islam.[3] In the Bible he is the father of John the Baptist, a priest of the sons of Aaron in the Gospel of Luke (1:67–79), and the husband of Elizabeth who is a relative of the Virgin Mary (Luke 1:36).
Saint
Zechariah

1705679507799.png

Priest, Prophet, Guardian of Mary,
Devotee, Martyr[1]
Born 1st century BCDied 1st century BC (or early 1st century AD)
Jerusalem (Matthew 23:35), the LevantVenerated in Catholic Church
Eastern Orthodox Church
Oriental Orthodox Church
Anglicanism
Lutheranism
IslamCanonized Pre-CongregationFeast September 5 – Eastern Orthodox
September 5 – Lutheran
September 23 – Roman Catholic

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Which temple of the lord did Zechariah visit to burn incense at the altar of incense.
Much to learn I know, especially about the altar of incense

Luke 1
The Birth of John the Baptist Foretold
5 In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron. 6 Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commands and decrees blamelessly. 7 But they were childless because Elizabeth was not able to conceive, and they were both very old.

8 Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, 9 he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense. 10 And when the time for the burning of incense came, all the assembled worshipers were praying outside.

11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

18 Zechariah asked the angel, “How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is well along in years.”

19 The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. 20 And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time.”

21 Meanwhile, the people were waiting for Zechariah and wondering why he stayed so long in the temple. 22 When he came out, he could not speak to them. They realized he had seen a vision in the temple, for he kept making signs to them but remained unable to speak.

23 When his time of service was completed, he returned home. 24 After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant and for five months remained in seclusion. 25 “The Lord has done this for me,” she said. “In these days he has shown his favor and taken away my disgrace among the people.”

Zechariah (New Testament figugre

Not to be confused with Zechariah (Hebrew prophet) or Zechariah of Israel.
Zechariah (Hebrew: זְכַרְיָה Zəḵaryā, "remember Yah"; Greek: Ζαχαρίας; Zacharias in KJV; Zachary in the Douay–Rheims Bible; Zakariyya (Arabic: زكـريـا, romanized: Zakariyyā) in Islamic tradition) is a figure in the New Testament and the Quran,[2] and venerated in Christianity and Islam.[3] In the Bible he is the father of John the Baptist, a priest of the sons of Aaron in the Gospel of Luke (1:67–79), and the husband of Elizabeth who is a relative of the Virgin Mary (Luke 1:36).
Saint
Zechariah

View attachment 259828

Priest, Prophet, Guardian of Mary,
Devotee, Martyr[1]
Born 1st century BCDied 1st century BC (or early 1st century AD)
Jerusalem (Matthew 23:35), the LevantVenerated in Catholic Church
Eastern Orthodox Church
Oriental Orthodox Church
Anglicanism
Lutheranism
IslamCanonized Pre-CongregationFeast September 5 – Eastern Orthodox
September 5 – Lutheran
September 23 – Roman Catholic
Ishmael?

A Temple Priest had to be a descendent of Levi. Levi was the 3rd of the six sons of Jacob & Leah. As in Abraham, Isaac & Jacob.

1 Chron 24:7-18 King David orders 24 priestly divisions/courses, that were then instituted during Solomon’s reign. This priestly rotation began in the Hebrew month of Nissan

Luke 1:5 John the Baptist's father, Zechariah, belonged to the priestly division of Abijah/Abia. (see 1 Chron 24:10) The 8th division/course rotation to serve 8 days Sabbath to Sabbath.

(MY NOTE: Zechariah had to be a descendent of Levi Tribe to qualify as a Temple priest)

Luke 1:8-13 Zechariah was performing his priestly duties in the temple, at the alter of incense. When the angel Gabriel appears & tells him this wife Elizabeth (to old for childbirth) would have a son & they will call him John

(MY NOTE: Zechariah had to be a descendent of Levi to qualify as a Temple priest)

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Ishmael?

A Temple Priest had to be a descendent of Levi. Levi was the 3rd of the six sons of Jacob & Leah. As in Abraham, Isaac & Jacob.

1 Chron 24:7-18 King David orders 24 priestly divisions/courses, that were then instituted during Solomon’s reign. This priestly rotation began in the Hebrew month of Nissan

Luke 1:5 John the Baptist's father, Zechariah, belonged to the priestly division of Abijah/Abia. (see 1 Chron 24:10) The 8th division/course rotation to serve 8 days Sabbath to Sabbath.

(MY NOTE: Zechariah had to be a descendent of Levi Tribe to qualify as a Temple priest)

Luke 1:8-13 Zechariah was performing his priestly duties in the temple, at the alter of incense. When the angel Gabriel appears & tells him this wife Elizabeth (to old for childbirth) would have a son & they will call him John

(MY NOTE: Zechariah had to be a descendent of Levi to qualify as a Temple priest)
oh thanks for the information. It's seems funny that Zachariah's son John would live in total hostility with his brother's then and even his word now as did Ishmael and also even more funny God took Zach's voice away for 9 months.

Then even more funny Zachariah is a prophet of the Qur'an then even more funny that Zach was a priest in a temple for the lord.

But yet the temple of Jerusalem did not believe Jesus was coming.

So which temple did Zachariah go to.

Then don't forget Ishmeal descendants are known to have mixed with Jacobs

But hey there's ten good reasons to question here so don't pick the worst one will ya 😊

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
God grew up with Ishmael in the desert and God made Ishmael to live in hostility with his brother's and god made Ismael an archer 😊

And God made Ismael to become a wild donkey for his brother's 😂

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
From a general search:

Zechariah is a prophet who comes from the tribe of Levi, the same tribe as Moses, Aaron, Ezra,
and Asaph. He is the son of Berechiah and the grandson of Iddo. His wife Elizabeth is also from
the priestly lineage of Aaron. Zechariah's ancestor Abijah was a priest who served in the temple.

That rules out any direct connection to Ishmael. Why would you suggest it? .:unsure::oops:

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
oh thanks for the information. It's seems funny that Zachariah's son John would live in total hostility with his brother's then and even his word now as did Ishmael and also even more funny God took Zach's voice away for 9 months.

Then even more funny Zachariah is a prophet of the Qur'an then even more funny that Zach was a priest in a temple for the lord.

But yet the temple of Jerusalem did not believe Jesus was coming.

So which temple did Zachariah go to.

Then don't forget Ishmeal descendants are known to have mixed with Jacobs

But hey there's ten good reasons to question here so don't pick the worst one will ya 😊
What Temple?

Solomon's temple was destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC. There was only 1 Temple standing when Jesus & John were alive.

Matt 1:2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob.

Again Levi begat by Jacob was the patriarch of the Levitical Priestly Tribe. Ishmael doesn't line up with scripture.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
What Temple?

Solomon's temple was destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC. There was only 1 Temple standing when Jesus & John were alive.

Matt 1:2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob.

Again Levi begat by Jacob was the patriarch of the Levitical Priestly Tribe. Ishmael doesn't line up with scripture.
iuke says Zachariah went into the temple of the lord and went to the altar of incense

Which temple was it do you know

Zachariah was a generation behind Jesus

It's safe to say it wasn't Solomon's temple but was it the temple that stood to 70 ad that the Romans destroyed

That temple was rebuilt twice known as the second temple

Firstly it was constructed after the destruction of solomons temple.

Then it was damaged and rebuilt by king Herod and destroyed in 70 ad 47 years after christ. Known as the second temple

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
From a general search:

Zechariah is a prophet who comes from the tribe of Levi, the same tribe as Moses, Aaron, Ezra,
and Asaph. He is the son of Berechiah and the grandson of Iddo. His wife Elizabeth is also from
the priestly lineage of Aaron. Zechariah's ancestor Abijah was a priest who served in the temple.

That rules out any direct connection to Ishmael. Why would you suggest it? .:unsure::oops:
well Ishmael was linked to the midianites who where linked to being descendants of Ishmael who then saved saved Joseph from his brother's, who wanted to drown him in the well, Joseph who was thr son of Jacob was the most loved son by Jacob.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Oh also @Magenta the midianites where descendants of Abraham's second wife ketaru , but it was believed they where also descendants of Ishmael 😊

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Oh and maybe a complete study of Ephraim and Manasseh the sons of Joseph may be a good place to go to 😊 ..
During the time of the judges the Ephraimites became angry with Gideon because he had not called for there help in battling the midianites

I wonder about the real reason for that..

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
iuke says Zachariah went into the temple of the lord and went to the altar of incense

Which temple was it do you know

Zachariah was a generation behind Jesus

It's safe to say it wasn't Solomon's temple but was it the temple that stood to 70 ad that the Romans destroyed

That temple was rebuilt twice known as the second temple

Firstly it was constructed after the destruction of solomons temple.

Then it was damaged and rebuilt by king Herod and destroyed in 70 ad 47 years after christ. Known as the second temple

Herod had the temple built trying to intervene and fulfill prophecy by doing it himself when God clearly stated his house would be built by “ zerebbubel” who is but a figure of the messiah Herod ordered it built around 10-20 bc in an attempt to win over the people and gain tbier allegiance and obedience so he could be glorified by the Roman rulers over him

herod is responsible for the temple that stood in Jesus day and was destroyed in ad 70

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Herod had the temple built trying to intervene and fulfill prophecy by doing it himself when God clearly stated his house would be built by “ zerebbubel” who is but a figure of the messiah Herod ordered it built around 10-20 bc in an attempt to win over the people and gain tbier allegiance and obedience so he could be glorified by the Roman rulers over him

herod is responsible for the temple that stood in Jesus day and was destroyed in ad 70
cool bro good to know any ideas which temple of the lord Zachariah went to burn incense at the altar of incense 😊

Where he talked to an angel

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
This ?

“And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense. And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:11-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

…..yeah 😅the temple Herod had built in ad 20- ad 10 tbat I just explained to you

you seem to know Jesus was around 30 years old when he began preaching john was just a few months older the temple that Herod ordered constructed was finished in a few years from when he ordered it appx 20-10 bc around ten years before johns birth

what’s all this have to do with ishmael and your op ? I’m actually just curious how your tying it together

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
This ?

“And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense. And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:11-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

…..yeah 😅the temple Herod had built in ad 20- ad 10 tbat I just explained to you

you seem to know Jesus was around 30 years old when he began preaching john was just a few months older the temple that Herod ordered constructed was finished in a few years from when he ordered it appx 20-10 bc around ten years before johns birth

what’s all this have to do with ishmael and your op ? I’m actually just curious how your tying it together
what do you mean king Herod built it he only reconstructed the same temple didn't he ?

You still haven't said which temple of the lord Zachariah went to do you know.

As for Ishmael he's my favourite person in the bible after the father the son and the holy spirit 😊.

So I'll talk about him only if you see him as a brother 👍

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
I'll make. This as clear as possible so you don't get lost @Pilgrimshope and @Magenta and @FlyingDove 😊

I welcome you to lord who hears there children in this explanation of a very long story, that must be discussed with the utmost respect this family matter warrants 😊

My understanding and reason my explanation and my reason for including Ismael in this.

Joseph most loved son of Jacob was rescued by the midianites, who prevented Joseph being drowned in a well by his brother's.

The midianites are known to have been descendants of Ishmael and Abraham's other sons. Who then became Jacobs sons

Joseph who got married to an Egyptian women gave birth to Ephraim and Manasseh.

how is Ismael important to this.

well Ismael represents the same story as Jacob and esau the twins who would Give birth to two nations

both first borns in Jewish tradition should have inherited the first rights. But the bible indicates they never, but they did receive a promise of God.

Ismael is more interesting as his descendants, the midianites, would save Joseph who would have been thrown out by his family and killed

Ismael was also sent away by his family.

but God loved Ismael and grew up with Ismael as a boy and trained him to be an archer, and how to live in hostility with his brother's because Ismael would have felt great pain for being cast out.

The name Ismael means God hears me. Because God grew up with him as a boy

The belief is also That Ishmeal was a prophet because God heard his mum's pleas to rescue him from Abraham's Jealous wife Sarah.

Sarah Who agreed in the first place to let Abraham have a child to Hagar, so Hagar had no right to be jealous.

God gave hagar and Ishmael a promise that a great nation would arise from Ismael.

It's interesting that Ismael's descendants the midianites knew to save Joseph from the well from suffering the same fate as Ishmeal and esau

There must have been someone in the midianites who where descendants of Ismael who was also a prophet that God heard the call to go and rescue Joseph from the well.

Then we see the same story with Zachariah in the Qur'an Zacharia was known to protect Mary from king Herod.

Did some of those midianites become Muslims too.

Well Joseph did marry an Egyptian women who gave birth to Ephraim and manesseh.

But you have to wonder would the Jews have kept Mary safe during the birth of Jesus.

Because King Herod ordered all children under Two to be killed known as the massacre of innocent in search of Jesus.

So was Zachariah related to the midianites too.

But also we see Zachariah keeping quiet about John the Baptist for 9 months too.

Then also we see how Ismael's promise can be found in Jesus

As God said to Ismael you will live in Great hostility with your brother's.

Well to live in this way also means to suffer in this way to fit your brother's

Well so to did Jesus, and so he does today live this way with brothers.

And brothers of Jesus live this way and God hears us like Ismael.

But then this is only the start of the ismael story 😊

So we see the promise unfold the same way yes 🤔

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Joseph most loved son of Jacob was rescued by the midianites, who prevented Joseph being drowned in a well by his brother's.
Joseph's brothers had already determined not to throw him in a well, which is why they sold him as a slave instead.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Joseph's brothers had already determined not to throw him in a well, which is why they sold him as a slave instead.
So when the Midianite merchants came by, his brothers pulled Joseph up out of the cistern and sold him for twenty shekels[b] of silver to the Ishmaelites, who took him to Egypt.

Do you agree the midianites rescued Joseph

And how did they know to come by when they did.

Who layed it on the brothers hearts to do this.

They where going to kill him.

And does your objection dismiss everything I wrote in my explanation

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
So when the Midianite merchants came by, his brothers pulled Joseph up out of the cistern and sold him for twenty shekels[b] of silver to the Ishmaelites, who took him to Egypt.

Do you agree the midianites rescued Joseph
No, I do not agree, because you ignore what Scripture says.

26 Judah said to his brothers, “What will we gain if we kill our brother and cover up his blood? 27 Come, let’s sell him to
the Ishmaelites and not lay our hands on him; after all, he is our brother, our own flesh and blood.” His brothers agreed.