Who Am I?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Desertsrose

Senior Member
Oct 24, 2016
2,824
208
63
Am I what I do?
Am I what I've achieved?
Am I the things I've done right?
Or am I defined by the things I've done wrong?
Am I a saint?
Or am I a sinner?
Who am I?

..........................find out..................... :)

<font size="4"><span style="font-family:verdana;">[video=youtube;hsDQEb-qlyM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsDQEb-qlyM[/video]
 
Last edited:
I don't understand the question ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 
Sorry, had to edit.

Many times my browser doesn't show all the tools for fonts and embedding videos, etc... so I have to post and then when I go to edit, the tools show up there.
 
Thanks for posting this. I remember years ago, our associate pastor did a series in Sunday School about what God says about us in the Bible. It was very uplifting. This video reminded me of this study.
 
"The communication of your faith may become effectual by he acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ" Philemon 6

In other words, I'm much more than who I am.
 
Amen, we lose our own identity and join in with Christ. Because when we're in Christ, we are a new creation the question of "who I am" is in Christ as Co-heirs to all the promises of God.


 
Thanks for posting this. I remember years ago, our associate pastor did a series in Sunday School about what God says about us in the Bible. It was very uplifting. This video reminded me of this study.

​Hi Galatea,

I'm so glad it brought you back to a fond memory of who we are in Christ as an uplifting moment. :)

I've had the
experience of unbalanced teaching......either it's too much correction or too psychology about what the teacher thinks. We need balanced teaching and we'll find it when we know who we are in Christ and act on it.


 
  • Like
Reactions: oldethennew
I love that song! It makes me cry, but then I tear up almost every time I worship our Lord. :) Thanks for posting that beautiful praise song!
 
Am I what I do?
Am I what I've achieved?
Am I the things I've done right?
Or am I defined by the things I've done wrong?
Am I a saint?
Or am I a sinner?
Who am I?

..........................find out..................... :)

<font size="4"><span style="font-family:verdana;">
Maybe we are what we do. I'm sure everyone has good intentions.
 
you're so right, RES,

Christians are always Commanded to do 'what we are Commanded to do',
but you are obviously an optimist, as so many never do what Jesus instructs them
to do/act, instead, it is about their own will, which of course is the hardest thing to
'give-up/overcome',,,
 
Maybe we are what we do. I'm sure everyone has good intentions.

Hi Resurrection,

I don't think you watched the video did you? The video was about our identity in Christ.

The 'what we do' is referring to us being an artist, an account, a mother, etc. Does that identify us? No it doesn't.

1 Corinthians 1:26-31

For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Our new identity is in Christ.
 
Hi Resurrection,

I don't think you watched the video did you? The video was about our identity in Christ.

The 'what we do' is referring to us being an artist, an account, a mother, etc. Does that identify us? No it doesn't.

1 Corinthians 1:26-31

For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God. But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Our new identity is in Christ.
No, I didn't watch the video. I am an impatient old man.
 
Sorry, had to edit.

Many times my browser doesn't show all the tools for fonts and embedding videos, etc... so I have to post and then when I go to edit, the tools show up there.
More options show up if you preview ("Go Advanced") before posting.

I notice that every time you post a video, you have unnecessary html
preceding the video. That could be deleted when you preview, also :)
 
More options show up if you preview ("Go Advanced") before posting.

I notice that every time you post a video, you have unnecessary html
preceding the video. That could be deleted when you preview, also :)

I can't go advanced until I post first.

There's no go advanced button and there's no header with all the tools. I can't even post the video until after I've posted a message. Thanks, I'll look for that. I didn't know that was a mistake (html).