WHO ARE CONSIDERED TO BE GOOD BIBLE SCHOLARS?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Those who pray to the HOLY SPIRIT for knowledge and understanding of the Scriptures.

Those that take Scripture in it's entirity, both Old and New Testament and don't pull Scripture out of context.

Those that use Scripture to support God's view of Scripture and not their own viewpoints.

Those who study and honestly seek the truth embodied by Scripture.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Holy Spirit speaks only what He is given, not from His own.
Blessings:)

Apr 8, 2023
AUSTRALIA
Those who pray to the HOLY SPIRIT for knowledge and understanding of the Scriptures.

Those that take Scripture in it's entirity, both Old and New Testament and don't pull Scripture out of context.

Those that use Scripture to support God's view of Scripture and not their own viewpoints.

Those who study and honestly seek the truth embodied by Scripture.
@arthurfleminger Thanks so much for this great reply! Very good point.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
There are many who consider themselves Bible scholars. But what is a Bible Scholar?? A bunch of people who consider you one. It is not Biblical it is a man-made term to consider another to think more highly of themselves then they ought to!!(Romans 12:3) I am a disciple of both God's Word and of our Jesus!

For indeed when can anyone ever say they cannot learn anymore from God's Word?? a scholar?? LOL Brother OLDMANBOR NAGAIN you are a teacher; can a teacher know all about the subject he or she teaches?? You became a teacher because you yourself are teachable! And because you wish to help others learn from the knowledge you obtained. Very commonable!! There is but one real teacher who does know all things, and you know of whom I speak, our Lord Jesus.

For us brother we do the best we can from what we have learned and are still learning, and this will be the case until we really graduate and be with our Lord. At least brother this is the way I look at this. We consider what we learn, because someone states something to be a fact does not make this a fact for us when it comes to human teaching. SO!! We believe and take as we wish to, we cannot be forced to. I state these things for others to consider, they and they alone can make this a fact for themselves. Blessing brother!

May 24, 2023
You don't have to be a scholar or bother with them at all, read it for yourself, see what you find, may it be you find the pearl of great price that is the Truth that the Lord Jesus Christ is God Over All, and praise his name, praise Jesus!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Holy Spirit speaks only what He is given, not from His own.
Blessings:)
The Holy Spirit, as the Third Person in the Holy Trinity, is fully God. He is the very essence of God. God WITHIN man.

God the Father: God OF man
God the Son: God AS man
God the Holy Spirit God WITHIN man

This is why the unpardonable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I've heard of going to a fight, and a hockey game broke out. Me, I went to a fight and a ChristianChat thread broke out. o_O:LOL:

Zandar

May 16, 2023
a good bible scholar is one that knows greek (the old greek), i wish i did myself.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Who do you consider to be good Bible Scholars?
The best scholar is the one who actually teaches you something. I'm fond of Matthew Henry and John Gill. Martyn Lloyd Jones is excellent also. I used to love listening to Ravi Zacharias and was very sorrowful that his lifestyle learned after his death all but destroyed his legacy.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"Eat the meat, spit the bones", I still profit from Ravi's ministry.
Most "Bible teachers" talk about Him, jglm.org teaches relationship, not religion.
Every week they share abundant testimonies.
Jesus told us most would have an outward form of godliness in these days whereas His Own would do greater works than He .
blessings

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Who do you consider to be good Bible Scholars?
I won't name anyone specifically, but a good Bible scholar knows and understands Koine Greek. They practice sound principles of Bible interpretation, letting the bible interpret the Bible. People to avoid are those who resort to "spiritual interpretation." In other words, they see things in the text that aren't really there and claim the spirit revealed it to them. Also, watch out for people who are disciples of "God's generals" or "Christian celebrities." These people follow the teachings of men, not God's word.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
This is what Jesus meant by those who would have an outward form of godliness denying the power thereof.:)(y):unsure::coffee:

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
"Eat the meat, spit the bones", I still profit from Ravi's ministry.
Most "Bible teachers" talk about Him, jglm.org teaches relationship, not religion.
Every week they share abundant testimonies.
Jesus told us most would have an outward form of godliness in these days whereas His Own would do greater works than He .
blessings

Exercise care with 'biblical scholars' like Ravi Zacharias. His academic credentials were fraudulent, he was a sexual predator, and he had a lust for the $dollar$. You can tell a tree by it's fruit.

Ravi reminds me of Simon the Magician, using the Gospel for his own intents.

And if you think that all Ravi's drawbacks can be overlooked because he knew Scripture, then keep in mind that Satan also knows Scripture. Satan attempted to use Scripture in the Temptation of Jesus, in the desert.

You will know a tree by it's fruits!!!!!!!!!!!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
That is one of the faults we must leave behind if we are to know Him, self righteousness.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Exercise care with 'biblical scholars' like Ravi Zacharias. His academic credentials were fraudulent, he was a sexual predator, and he had a lust for the $dollar$. You can tell a tree by it's fruit.

Ravi reminds me of Simon the Magician, using the Gospel for his own intents.

And if you think that all Ravi's drawbacks can be overlooked because he knew Scripture, then keep in mind that Satan also knows Scripture. Satan attempted to use Scripture in the Temptation of Jesus, in the desert.

You will know a tree by it's fruits!!!!!!!!!!!
Friend, Ravi was an "apologist" from my understanding, and did not hold himself to be perfect.
Best wishes:)(y):unsure::coffee:

Apr 8, 2023
AUSTRALIA
There are many who consider themselves Bible scholars. But what is a Bible Scholar?? A bunch of people who consider you one. It is not Biblical it is a man-made term to consider another to think more highly of themselves then they ought to!!(Romans 12:3) I am a disciple of both God's Word and of our Jesus!

For indeed when can anyone ever say they cannot learn anymore from God's Word?? a scholar?? LOL Brother OLDMANBOR NAGAIN you are a teacher; can a teacher know all about the subject he or she teaches?? You became a teacher because you yourself are teachable! And because you wish to help others learn from the knowledge you obtained. Very commonable!! There is but one real teacher who does know all things, and you know of whom I speak, our Lord Jesus.

For us brother we do the best we can from what we have learned and are still learning, and this will be the case until we really graduate and be with our Lord. At least brother this is the way I look at this. We consider what we learn, because someone states something to be a fact does not make this a fact for us when it comes to human teaching. SO!! We believe and take as we wish to, we cannot be forced to. I state these things for others to consider, they and they alone can make this a fact for themselves. Blessing brother!
@brighthouse98 Great reply, brother!! Thanks so much for this! And I agree with you, now that I've thought about what you've said.