Who are members of Jesus' family, and who will He save?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You say that only Jesus can do the Will of the Father, yet throughout the Gospels Jesus exhorts us to to the Father's Will. So your logic can't be correct. Jesus told us that those who do the Father's Will are His family, that only those who do the Will of the Father will be saved, and Jesus taught us in the Lord's Prayer to pray that we do the Father's Will.
Rightly divide the word of truth...those same people had no understanding of the cross. They had no clue of the death, burial, and resurrection that you and I know today after the cross.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Jesus made a couple of important statements, concerning the Father's Will.

1. "For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother.” Matthew 12:46-50

2. "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." Matthew 7:21

Jesus clearly places a lot of emphasis on 'doing the will of the Father. What did he mean?
The kingdom of heaven, in this scripture, does not reference eternal heaven.

I think that you will agree with me that eternal deliverance is not gained by a person's good works.

You are implying this false doctrine, by misinterpreting Matt 7:21.

"The kingdom of heaven" is one of many names that the church, the bride of Christ, is called.

By church discipline, those who are not actively trying to do the will of God, will not be accepted as members of the visible church.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You say that only Jesus can do the Will of the Father, yet throughout the Gospels Jesus exhorts us to to the Father's Will. So your logic can't be correct. Jesus told us that those who do the Father's Will are His family, that only those who do the Will of the Father will be saved, and Jesus taught us in the Lord's Prayer to pray that we do the Father's Will.

You are teaching eternal salvation by good works, which is a false doctrine.

R

RichMan

Some say that the Father's Will is just believing in Jesus. But that can't be so. Jesus Himself said He came to do the Father's Will, [ John 5:19 .] He came into this life to do the will of his Father, and not his own will.

And Jesus didn't come to earth just to believe in Himself. So, what is the Father's will that Jesus wants us to do?
God's will for His Son and His will for those who accept His son is very different.
God's Son came to die on the cross, shedding His blood to establish the Father's new covenant.
We as believers are to tell others what the Son did.

Dec 30, 2020
God's will for His Son and His will for those who accept His son is very different.
God's Son came to die on the cross, shedding His blood to establish the Father's new covenant.
We as believers are to tell others what the Son did.
Jesus' will is to do the Father's will because of the love He has for the Father. He obeyed the Father's will unto death because of the love He has for us. Jesus told us what the Father's will is for us. The Father's will for us is to love Him and His Son with all our mind, heart, and soul. That is the greatest commandment. The second greatest commandment is to love everyone else as we love ourselves. All other commandments are based on these two. The Jews were not able to keep the letter of the law, so Christ made it easy to obey the Spirit of the Law which is to have all our thoughts and actions motivated by love. For this to happen, we have to change ( be born again) so that our motivation changes from love of self to love of God and everyone else. Salvation is not just a mental acceptance that Christ died for the remission of sins. It is a state of being accomplished when the Holy Spirit fills our hearts with the same love that the Father and Son share. When we are indwelled by the Holy Spirit of the Father and Son, we become One with the Father and Son and are lead in our walk in this life by them. We are inspired by them to have a better understanding of what Scripture is telling us. Only simpletons believe what they are told to believe or just believe the surface meaning of scripture instead of doing their own research by studying scripture and using their own brain to understand what it is all about. I, myself, rely on the inspiration of scripture and the Holy Spirit for my understanding.
Christ died for the whold world and does not desire that anyone should perish, but the Father's Justice and mercy demands that only a few will be saved.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
You are teaching eternal salvation by good works, which is a false doctrine.
I'm not teaching anything. I'm just saying what Jesus taught in Scripture. You can't reject my teachings because I don't have any. But you are free to reject Jesus' clear teachings on the subject of the Father's Will.