Who are the inspired scriptures directed to?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Please explain to me why there are so many gospel preaching denominations that disagree with each other outside of the creeds. Creeds are the beliefs that a Christian must believe. Could it be as the elders back then said that outside of the creeds it was agree to disagree and back then like now there were lots of issues where disagreements occurred?
There are many of God's children preaching false doctrines. In Matthew it talks about two gates, The children of God who are preaching false doctrines are the ones that go in the wide gate, mainly preaching "eternal salvation by works". They are eternally saved, but not in fellowship with God'

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I believe the basis of God’s selection is on the foreknowledge of God. But the question on the text on Ephesians 1 is that are the people being chosen to believe or the plan of God on which he will chose. To look back in Genesis 3:15 would give us the hint that God plans of saving mankind, a prophecy that the serpent will be bruised in his head and Christ will be bruised in his heel. Apparently, this is what meant here that God has foreordained the redemption of mankind and he elected Christ as the means of salvation.
If God choose all mankind to be redeemed, and God accomplishes "all of his pleasure" why are not all of mankind saved to eternal heaven?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Right, Jesus is doing the choosing in this verse, choosing his disciples for fruit bearing. But what does it mean “not God” been perplexed here. Are you saying God the Father? Further, I am reading John 15:16 and has no connection with some “…elect people before the foundation of the world.” The fact is Jesus did choose them during his earthly ministry. Even the Ephesians 1, I haven’t yet read the thing “God choose an elect of people before the foundation of the world” though I read that over and over. I even challenge myself to go to the other English versions/interpretations of the seeming “chosen elect before the foundation of the world” but to my despair, it’s none. Perhaps, I’m too lazy or that I have specks in my eyes. Could you show me then the text where you got the idea? Moreover, I was then asking myself what does this mean of “elect world” “world of believers only” Does this mean A) Some choose one’s idea B) some may have privately interpret the scripture C) Some err, not knowing the scriptures?
In Eph 1, God choose a people, before the foundation of the world, and pre-determined them to be adopted by his Son paying the adoption price on the cross. Is every inhabitant of earth God's adopted child, if so, why are some going to hell? The adoption process is that God choose the children to be adopted, Jesus paid the adoption price of those children that God choose, and the final phase of the adoption is when Christ comes back (Matt 24:31, And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together "his elect", who is his elect? are they just his apostles?) and takes the children home.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I believe the basis of God’s selection is on the foreknowledge of God. But the question on the text on Ephesians 1 is that are the people being chosen to believe or the plan of God on which he will chose. To look back in Genesis 3:15 would give us the hint that God plans of saving mankind, a prophecy that the serpent will be bruised in his head and Christ will be bruised in his heel. Apparently, this is what meant here that God has foreordained the redemption of mankind and he elected Christ as the means of salvation.
In the KJV Gen 3:15 has a reference to Matt 13 which is the parable of the wheat and the tares, which says at the last day, the tares will be burned, so you got the wrong hint.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Hi Jackson123,

The selection of God in those passages and in many passages of the bible will always precede faith. In reality, God hath chosen us because we believed. Now does God forces us to believe in Him? I believe we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps. 39:14) We are created in the image and in the likeness of God (Gen.1:26-27) This image and the likeness can simply refer to mankind’s having the will, emotion and intellect. God does not create a puppet for a puppet show, but a creature for his own glory. The capacity is to make a choice, whether we receive or resist. The rest are great points to consider.
God bless
After the fall of Adam, the natural man does not have "the will", emotion" and "intellect" to discern spiritual things, they are foolishness unto him. (1 Cor 2:14). The natural man is not "for God's own glory".

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Again, 2 Thes. 2:13 is not talking of the beginning of the world. Just because of the word beginning would mean of the creation days? If so, then the beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ began before the foundation of the world and does not coincide with the John the Baptist ministry? I don’t think so… Mark 1:1-3…
Hmm, Jacob is another story to tell but what Luke 18:16-17 does refer to are believers being chosen to pray. Prayer is part of the newly converts for him to grow and exactly that is what the early believers in Acts 2 did and continued daily.
You are limiting the attributes of God. Here is a list of them. The Westminster Shorter Catechism is where this list originates. The list comes from verses in the bible. Read them and then justify your conclusion.

Attributes of God
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attributes_of_God_in_Christianity

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Addendum 5 minute rule strikes again. The admins seem to take perverse pleasure in the pain this extremely short time limit causes.

It is the power of God means he has the ability to do whatever he wants to do. That doesn't mean he will do it.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
After the fall of Adam, the natural man does not have "the will", emotion" and "intellect" to discern spiritual things, they are foolishness unto him. (1 Cor 2:14). The natural man is not "for God's own glory".
You are absolutely wrong. Adam after he fell in the garden Adam had become like the God knowing good from evil. God put Adam out of the garden so Adam would not eat of the tree of life and live forever in his corrupted lost estate.

Gen 3:22¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

You continue to contradict Gods word and make yourself appear as one who is unlearned in Spiritual matters.

Why don't you try taking God at His word and not endeavoring to make God say what you want Him to say?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
There are many of God's children preaching false doctrines. In Matthew it talks about two gates, The children of God who are preaching false doctrines are the ones that go in the wide gate, mainly preaching "eternal salvation by works". They are eternally saved, but not in fellowship with God'
I am talking about the gospel preaching denominations!! You sir are rejecting what the early elders state about anything outside of the creeds. Agree to disagree. I have studied the long discussions that the Calvinists and Armenians create with verses of scripture documenting everything stated in the discussion. They both are scriptural but diametrically opposed. There are many more issues like this. That is why agree to disagree. The elders way back in 212 knew this but the my way or the highway people like you reject this. I suggest you rethink this hard line you create by saying gospel preaching churches are preaching false doctrines.

If it's outside of the creeds then acceptable differences of opinion exist. Live with it!!!

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
You are absolutely wrong. Adam after he fell in the garden Adam had become like the God knowing good from evil. God put Adam out of the garden so Adam would not eat of the tree of life and live forever in his corrupted lost estate.

Gen 3:22¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

You continue to contradict Gods word and make yourself appear as one who is unlearned in Spiritual matters.

Why don't you try taking God at His word and not endeavoring to make God say what you want Him to say?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Jesus said by their fruits you shall know them.

Aug 8, 2018
It is obvious that you have absolutely no concept of why those creeds ....
I must be so dumb. There I was trusting the Almighty, who looks on the heart. I should have been trusting in contradictory human perceptions. Note to Self: 'Endo says I Must Trust in human traditions and intelligence to have a valid perspective on the Kingdom of God and salvation by the sinless blood of Jesus'. I'll be sure to get up to speed on 'creeds' so I can be of use to Jesus.
Many are cold, few are frozen.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

For the cause of Christ
Roger
The only scripture I see that you have quoted is Gen 3:22 and I do not see the point you are trying to make.
I am talking about the gospel preaching denominations!! You sir are rejecting what the early elders state about anything outside of the creeds. Agree to disagree. I have studied the long discussions that the Calvinists and Armenians create with verses of scripture documenting everything stated in the discussion. They both are scriptural but diametrically opposed. There are many more issues like this. That is why agree to disagree. The elders way back in 212 knew this but the my way or the highway people like you reject this. I suggest you rethink this hard line you create by saying gospel preaching churches are preaching false doctrines.

If it's outside of the creeds then acceptable differences of opinion exist. Live with it!!!
The scriptures do not contradict each other. We must understand them to harmonize, not agree to disagree. Give me scriptures on this "agree to disagree." There are many different doctrines preached and only one of them is the doctrine that Jesus taught when he was on earth.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

Christ taught a doctrine while he was on earth. That one doctrine is true and without blemish. The scriptures prove themselves and few there be that find the truth. As far as I am concerned, there is NO agree to disagree, it is not in the bible and not even implied.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
If God choose all mankind to be redeemed, and God accomplishes "all of his pleasure" why are not all of mankind saved to eternal heaven?
For repetition, I’ll put it in this way; God’s Redemption at Christ Expense is generally intended for all men. It’s efficacy, however, are to those who only believe the preaching of the Gospel. The Gospel won’t really work if one does not believe John 3:17 but it works to whosoever believes John 3:16 Romans 1:16. Some and even many of the mankind have rejected, resisted, repelled, receive not or believeth not the Gospel of Christ to their own peril. As far as the scriptures says “But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? hence, not all believe.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
In the KJV Gen 3:15 has a reference to Matt 13 which is the parable of the wheat and the tares, which says at the last day, the tares will be burned, so you got the wrong hint.
I got the wrong hint…Hoho! For one can A) Choose one’s idea B) Privately interpret/translate the scriptures or C) Err, not knowing the scriptures.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
I believe the natural man refers to the unsaved, sinners but still a person and has still the will to listen, has the emotions to share and has level of intelligentsia in respect to spiritual things. Case in point, the Ethiopan Eunuch! Look at him because he exemplifies the very point I am saying. Even, Nicodemus, he was religious but lost and he like the Eunuch still needs Christ. Would it be possible for a natural man to desire, long for and to understand spiritual things? Yes indeed, the Eunuch’s way to Jerusalem for worship and the question of Nicodemus reveals it. Because of sin mankind is in the estate of separation being “dead” to sins, he is spiritually separated nevertheless; he can have a restored relationship when he is born again by the incorruptible word of God and the Holy Spirit. This is called regeneration. Paul says “if any man be in Christ he is a new creature; old thing are passed away, behold all things become new”

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I believe the natural man refers to the unsaved, sinners but still a person and has still the will to listen, has the emotions to share and has level of intelligentsia in respect to spiritual things. Case in point, the Ethiopan Eunuch! Look at him because he exemplifies the very point I am saying. Even, Nicodemus, he was religious but lost and he like the Eunuch still needs Christ. Would it be possible for a natural man to desire, long for and to understand spiritual things? Yes indeed, the Eunuch’s way to Jerusalem for worship and the question of Nicodemus reveals it. Because of sin mankind is in the estate of separation being “dead” to sins, he is spiritually separated nevertheless; he can have a restored relationship when he is born again by the incorruptible word of God and the Holy Spirit. This is called regeneration. Paul says “if any man be in Christ he is a new creature; old thing are passed away, behold all things become new”
You are saying that the natural man, as described in 1 Cor 2:14, has the ability to discern spiritual things, which is the direct opposite of what that verse says. Is it not? God is a spirit and we must worship him in spirit and in truth. The Eunuch was going to worship a spiritual God, therefore, evidencing that he had already been born of the Spirit. Would it be possible for a natural man to desire, long for and understand spiritual things? NO, unless you tear 1 Cor out of the bible. You are saying that after the natural man is regenerated, he can not have a restored relationship, but in fact his relationship is not restored, because he never had a relationship before he was regenerated. When you are born again, you are a new creature. If you would read Eph 2 especially verse 5, you would see that the natural man had nothing to do with his regeneration, therefore, it is by God's grace, without the help of man.. It is not of him that willeth, nor of him who runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Philip opened the Scriptures and explained to Him Christ Jesus. The Eunuch believed and THEN the Spirit of God sealed him for all eternity.

Poor proud Calvinists . . . their motto is "us four and no more!"

notuptome

May 17, 2013
You are saying that the natural man, as described in 1 Cor 2:14, has the ability to discern spiritual things, which is the direct opposite of what that verse says. Is it not? God is a spirit and we must worship him in spirit and in truth. The Eunuch was going to worship a spiritual God, therefore, evidencing that he had already been born of the Spirit. Would it be possible for a natural man to desire, long for and understand spiritual things? NO, unless you tear 1 Cor out of the bible. You are saying that after the natural man is regenerated, he can not have a restored relationship, but in fact his relationship is not restored, because he never had a relationship before he was regenerated. When you are born again, you are a new creature. If you would read Eph 2 especially verse 5, you would see that the natural man had nothing to do with his regeneration, therefore, it is by God's grace, without the help of man.. It is not of him that willeth, nor of him who runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.
God has said that unsaved man has the ability to discern good from evil. You go about to make God by your incorrect interpretation double minded and changeable. God said it in the garden and Jesus said it again to the disciples.

The question remains as to why you are blinded to the truth.

For the cause of Christ
Roger