Who are the inspired scriptures directed to?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Quickened by the Holy Spirit received when one asks Christ to forgive him of his sins and receives Christ as Savoir.

You errantly place regeneration ahead of salvation and demonstrate a faulty soteriology.

Confess Christ as Savior and be born again.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

As long as you endeavor to avoid your personal responsibility to ask Christ to forgive you of your personal sins you will remain lost and without hope.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Asking for forgiveness results in a timely deliverance (salvation), Eternal forgiveness was accomplished by Christ's death on the cross and he said "it is finished".

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Asking for forgiveness results in a timely deliverance (salvation), Eternal forgiveness was accomplished by Christ's death on the cross and he said "it is finished".
Christs blood on the cross made the atonement a completed work. Grace is still grace and one must believe to receive grace. Believing what the word of God teaches of Christ.

Romans 10 gives concise doctrine on this matter. Faith coming by hearing and hearing the word of God. Man believing in his heart and confessing with his mouth.

Believers are far less concerned with deliverance from death in this life than they are about death in the eternity of God. Believers are passed from judgment unto eternal life because they have trusted Christ in this life to save them from their sins.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Christs blood on the cross made the atonement a completed work. Grace is still grace and one must believe to receive grace. Believing what the word of God teaches of Christ.

Romans 10 gives concise doctrine on this matter. Faith coming by hearing and hearing the word of God. Man believing in his heart and confessing with his mouth.

Believers are far less concerned with deliverance from death in this life than they are about death in the eternity of God. Believers are passed from judgment unto eternal life because they have trusted Christ in this life to save them from their sins.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
You and I have been over Romans 10 several times and I have explained that your interpretation will not harmonize with the other scriptures.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
You and I have been over Romans 10 several times and I have explained that your interpretation will not harmonize with the other scriptures.
You are evasive and non responsive to the scriptures. You should see yourself in the book of Malachi.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
Hey! Forrest... PTL!
1 Pet 1:23 "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."
It is the lost who are being born again of incorruptible seed, by the word of God.

Eph 5:26 "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word."
It is the faithful that are being sanctified and cleansed by the word of God.
Maranatha!

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Hey! Forrest... PTL!
1 Pet 1:23 "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."
It is the lost who are being born again of incorruptible seed, by the word of God.

Eph 5:26 "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word."
It is the faithful that are being sanctified and cleansed by the word of God.
Maranatha!
1 Pet is not talking about the natural man described in 1 Cor 2:14, but about, 1 Pet 1:2, Elect, according to the foreknowledge of God the Father. Eph 5:26 is talking about the church being cleansed by the preaching of the gospel (washing of water by the word). This has reference to regenerated children of God, not to the natural man described in 1 Cor 2:14. Thanks for your comments.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You are evasive and non responsive to the scriptures. You should see yourself in the book of Malachi.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
You should see yourself in the wide gate in Matt 7, with the rest of the false teachers.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
God did not direct his children to help him eternally save souls. His commandment to his preachers and teachers is to inform his children as to how he wants them to live their lives while they are on earth.

Do you see how you conflict here? There is a 180 degree difference.

God has the power to accomplish all of his will, by himself, in eternally saving all that he wants to.

You are correct. However, G-d uses this aspect to measure our righteous works...here on earth.

Man has no righteousness of his own, only the imputed righteousness of Christ.

Once we have that status we can become ambassadors for Christ...and works.

John 17:2, As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

F...,
I urge you to study this aspect of G-d's expectations of us as we live righteously.

There are many scriptures in the Bible pertaining to witnessing for Christ...do a search.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
F...,
I urge you to study this aspect of G-d's expectations of us as we live righteously.

There are many scriptures in the Bible pertaining to witnessing for Christ...do a search.
Who are the "as many as the Father has given him"?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
You should see yourself in the wide gate in Matt 7, with the rest of the false teachers.
I would never expect you to understand kingdom principals. They are after all Spiritually understood and not for you to judge others you deem to be below your spiritual level.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Oct 3, 2018
www.jbs.org
They are not written to the unsaved natural man who cannot discern spiritual things, but to those children of God who have been regenerated and are able to discern spiritual things. The scriptures are instructions from God telling his children how they should live their lives here on earth and also informing them how they have been saved from their sins by the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. They are not scriptures telling the natural man, who cannot discern spiritual things, how to get saved eternally. We are all born into this world as "dead in sins" until God regenerates us, when we are yet dead in sins and unable to respond to spiritual things.(Eph 2:5).
"You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is these that bear witness of Me." (John 5:39

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Who are the "as many as the Father has given him"?
The ones who would believe. The Father gives His Son His Bride, the Church. See how Rebekah was brought to Isaac, both being types . Also see how Eve was given to Adam by God, both being types.

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
1 Pet is not talking about the natural man described in 1 Cor 2:14, but about, 1 Pet 1:2, Elect, according to the foreknowledge of God the Father. Eph 5:26 is talking about the church being cleansed by the preaching of the gospel (washing of water by the word). This has reference to regenerated children of God, not to the natural man described in 1 Cor 2:14. Thanks for your comments.
Hey! Forrest...
Even though the Elect are predestinated to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ according to the foreknowledge of God; they were, before faith in Jesus, sinners in need of a Savior. Then in due course, the seed of the word had its full, foreknown by the Lord, effect and they believed God. Jesus gave them faith and the Spirit baptized them into the body of Christ. The Elect are therefore those of whom the Lord knew would believe unto righteousness, but they still had to go through repentance and belief before being joined to the Lord and the church by the Spirit at that point in their lives. The only people that can be born again is the lost because the Saved have all already been born again.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
I must be so dumb. There I was trusting the Almighty, who looks on the heart. I should have been trusting in contradictory human perceptions. Note to Self: 'Endo says I Must Trust in human traditions and intelligence to have a valid perspective on the Kingdom of God and salvation by the sinless blood of Jesus'. I'll be sure to get up to speed on 'creeds' so I can be of use to Jesus.
Many are cold, few are frozen.
Why do you pervert what I said. The creeds were created between 212 and 500. During that time and until the printing presses were created the Bible was copied by hand and was both very expensive and rare. Quit thinking like a 21 century person and think about how you would pass on the word of God to other people without a Bible. Prior to the printing press people would memorize different things. Creeds are statements that state the beliefs a Christian must have. Oh gee!! Maybe people could memorize a creed and several sections of scripture in order to tell others about God and Jesus!!! Both would have to be passed on by word of mouth!!! No printing presses remember!!!

If you can think of another way please enlighten us!!

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
I must be so dumb. There I was trusting the Almighty, who looks on the heart. I should have been trusting in contradictory human perceptions. Note to Self: 'Endo says I Must Trust in human traditions and intelligence to have a valid perspective on the Kingdom of God and salvation by the sinless blood of Jesus'. I'll be sure to get up to speed on 'creeds' so I can be of use to Jesus.
Many are cold, few are frozen.
Why do you pervert what I said. The creeds were created between 212 and 500. During that time and until the printing presses were created the Bible was copied by hand and was both very expensive and rare. Quit thinking like a 21 century person and think about how you would pass on the word of God to other people without a Bible. Prior to the printing press people would memorize different things. Creeds are statements that state the beliefs a Christian must have. Oh gee!! Maybe people could memorize a creed and several sections of scripture in order to tell others about God and Jesus!!! Both would have to be passed on by word of mouth!!! No printing presses remember!!!

If you can think of another way please enlighten us!!

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
God did not direct his children to help him eternally save souls. His commandment to his preachers and teachers is to inform his children as to how he wants them to live their lives while they are on earth. God has the power to accomplish all of his will, by himself, in eternally saving all that he wants to. Man has no righteousness of his own, only the imputed righteousness of Christ. John 17:2, As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
In other words everyone this is hyper calvinism.

These will not share the gospel with anyone, namely these are Primitive Baptists. They call those of us who are preaching the gospel and see conversions thereby a derogatory term: "gospel means" preachers. They are anti missionary, anti evangelistic.

Just an FYI for you all.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Hearing and believing the gospel is the effects of a regenerated person, it is not the cause of a person's eternal salvation.
There is the Great Commission.

Matthew 28 NIV
The Great Commission
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

AMPC

The Great Commission
16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. 17 And when they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted [that it was really He]. 18 Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority (all power of absolute rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age.”

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The ones who would believe. The Father gives His Son His Bride, the Church. See how Rebekah was brought to Isaac, both being types . Also see how Eve was given to Adam by God, both being types.
By God's foreknowledge, he saw that none would believe (Ps 53:2-3). That is why he choose an elect people before the foundation of the world (Eph 1:4) and gave them to Jesus to die for them and cleans them of their sins (John 6:37-39), so he would have a people that would worship and praise him. had he not chosen an elect people, we all would have been destined to hell.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
There is the Great Commission.

Matthew 28 NIV
The Great Commission
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

AMPC

The Great Commission
16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. 17 And when they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted [that it was really He]. 18 Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority (all power of absolute rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age.”
Salvation, Greek meaning "a deliverance". The preachers and teachers are instructed by God to go and teach his regenerated children his commandments and instructing them to obey everything he has commanded them. There is a deliverance (salvation) here in time every time we repent of our disobedience and he forgives us. The natural man, void of the Spirit, will not repent of a spiritual law that he cannot discern (1 Cor 2:14). The scriptures teach us how we WERE saved eternally by Jesus's faithfulness to die for the sins of those that God gave to him. The scriptures were not written on how to GET saved eternally, but were written as instructions to his regenerated children on how God wants them to live their lives here on earth.