Who else plays guitar?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

joecoten

yes, it is a really pretty sounding instrument but it is difficult to play.
When I first started playing, it was the most unnatural thing I'd ever tried to do. It seemed nearly impossible at first, but for some reason, I kept at it. I eventually got good enough to play with the worship team. Keep at it, but be patient with yourself.

JillianMarie

Apr 19, 2022
When I first started playing, it was the most unnatural thing I'd ever tried to do. It seemed nearly impossible at first, but for some reason, I kept at it. I eventually got good enough to play with the worship team. Keep at it, but be patient with yourself.
Thank you so much for the encouragement, plus its awesome that you can play with a worship team I dream of that.

J

joecoten

Thank you so much for the encouragement, plus its awesome that you can play with a worship team I dream of that.
If you can develop a love for playing, I'm sure you will. Loving the tone of it is a big plus. Though it was hard at first, I'm so glad that I stuck with it. I pray that you will too! :)

JillianMarie

Apr 19, 2022
If you can develop a love for playing, I'm sure you will. Loving the tone of it is a big plus. Though it was hard at first, I'm so glad that I stuck with it. I pray that you will too! :)
ok yes to really like how it sounds and to keep practicing and not giving up.

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
Right. Might be painful to build up the calluses again, but works for lots of practice in the long run :) Enjoying playing an instrument is never 'nothing' Right? :giggle:
Agree ☺️

Nov 25, 2022
I am a learned musician and have been playing guitar for many years. The first thing is to practice every day without fail. Never ever leave your guitar for a week or two. Each skipped day takes you two days behind.
If you are a beginner, learn the guitar basics first like what are frets and strings. Learn the names of the strings. Learn how to tune a guitar. Learn the proper way to hold a guitar, the correct posture is really the most important. Learn the different ways to press and play a string. These are the basic things you have to learn to play the guitar. Practise, Practise, and some more practice,. This is the key to being a good guitarist. In addition to these tips and tricks, you of course have to learn the scales, chords, and tones. I usually learn guitar through websites that provide chords and tabs to millions of songs like Worshipchords, ultimateguitar, and many more.
Here are some of my favorite songs
1 Before The Throne Of God Above

2. Called Me Higher

3. 10,000 Reasons

4. Way Maker

5. How Great Is The Lord

6. You See Me (In Focus)

7. This I Believe (The Creed)

8. First And Only

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I found that putting my guitar down for a short time (like days perhaps) helped me break bad habits.

Looked for this thread thinking of Roughsoul91, noticing you have been absent, and hoping you are okay.

Fillan

Oct 25, 2022
I play the Mandolin. It's very soothing. God Bless All :)

Shepherd

May 11, 2022
My son is on guitar/lead singing here. But he can play every instrument in this band proficiently; plus a few more.

Shepherd

May 11, 2022
We used to travel around and sing at churches etc. This was recorded like 12 years ago

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Share your favorite songs. Tips and tricks. Best sources to improve skills. Favorite instruments. Or discuss what is it about playing a instrument that makes it so fulfilling.
to improve skills on playing an instrument: 1. TOTALLY KNOW that you want to play to begin with. 2. LEARN EARLY IN LIFE. you will develop a better conditioned response for what you learned for later in life. it's similar to a young boy lifting weights when young. he will develop what's called a "muscle memory" & keep most of that muscle when he is older. 3. DON'T BE LAZY. 4. PRACTICE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. AND DON'T QUIT WHEN YOU FIND SOMETHING DIFFICULT TO PLAY. this is a big issue why people quit! and if you are like me, the time you put in is going to be more dedicated. i have always attempted to learn something new at the drums. almost everyone reaches a certain point & then stops learning. in fact, i heard a guy say a couple months ago, "i'm 60, i'm not going to learn anything new". 5. it's alright to learn from the top musicians but don't model yourself after 1 of them. if you have the talent to play, your own style will come out naturally. 6. BE DIFFERENT. this is highly important and very difficult to establish but don't quit. example: there over 4,000 guitar chords last i knew. very few people even know a few hundred. 7. if you are a born again Christian, you certainly should ask the Lord to help you along.