Who here has definitely found the love of there life?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
I know so many people who make the claim in the present time but, as years pass on, they either where mistaken by their choice, seduced by external beauty or just weren't willing to wait for the right one.

I am interested in hearing from people who have gone the distance. Stood the test of time and can offer some guidance of how they got there?

I read a statistic the other day that said:

17% said they met their soul mates too late.
73 percent of people surveyed say they are “making do” in their relationship because their true love got away.
And 46 percent say they’d leave their spouse or partner to be with their true love.

THIS is scary is it not?

Any thoughts?

L

Locoponydirtman

That's not shoe shine you're standing in.
90% of people don't know squat about love.
There is no right one, there is no soul mate out there, and there is no true love out there.
You make soul mates, and true loves.
They would be in love if they invested in the one they are with (unless the one they are with is a toxic person).
It's very sad that even Christians who have God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Bible know so little about love and relationships.
I have been married 23 years and the truth is that you have to choose that person and invest in them. If you do, you will be "in Love". If anyone says different they are pedalling a lie.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
There is no right one, there is no soul mate out there, and there is no true love out there.
They would be in love if they invested in the one they are with (unless the one they are with is a toxic person).
It's very sad that even Christians who have God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Bible know so little about love and relationships.
I have been married 23 years and the truth is that you have to choose that person and invest in them. If you do, you will be "in Love". If anyone says different they are pedalling a lie.
How do you interpret Genesis then?

There are many clues saying that there is someone for everyone

Proverbs 18:22
22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord.

find implies you need to search.

Also,
1 Corinthians 7:2
But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.

I believe that there is someone out there who you would do anything for and NEVER hurt.

L

Locoponydirtman

How do you interpret Genesis then?

There are many clues saying that there is someone for everyone

Proverbs 18:22
22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord.

find implies you need to search.

Also,
1 Corinthians 7:2
But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.

I believe that there is someone out there who you would do anything for and NEVER hurt.
Gross misuse of those scriptures. Niether means that there is some soul mate or true love out there to search the world for. He who finds a wife...is simply a man who finds a woman of good virtue, a woman who is wife material and gets married. A wife is a good thing.
And Corinthians, means exactly what is says, because there is sexual immorality happening, or basically cause folks are sleeping around. Get married and have sex with your wife. No secret or underlying meaning.

L

Locoponydirtman

As far as "there is someone out there" that philosophy has caused so many people to miss happiness, and turn up miserable old shrews. If you want someone find a fella who meets the qualifications of the Bible and is interested in you and invest in them.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
Gross misuse of those scriptures. Niether means that there is some soul mate or true love out there to search the world for. He who finds a wife...is simply a man who finds a woman of good virtue, a woman who is wife material and gets married. A wife is a good thing.
And Corinthians, means exactly what is says, because there is sexual immorality happening, or basically cause folks are sleeping around. Get married and have sex with your wife. No secret or underlying meaning.
The bible is open to interpretation and I love a good debate.

The word "find" synonms are

The last one is a good one.
I am not saying you are wrong or I am right.
Adam in Genesis searched and was only fulfilled when he absolutely knew she was bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh

K

kaylagrl

Totally agree. I haven't been married long,coming up on four years. Hubby and I have been together for ten yrs. We took our time and made sure we were ready for marriage. I always say marriage,and love,is a choice. You choose each day to love or not love that person.

Also I think people watch way too many movies. I have a gf that is my age and still single. She's a sweet girl and pretty but not a clue when it comes to relationships. She asked me if I knew any single men so I asked her what sort of man she was looking for. She asked if I knew of the actor Dwayne Johnson, I said I did. She said "someone like him". And she was dead serious. As I said,still single. smh

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
Totally agree. I haven't been married long,coming up on four years. Hubby and I have been together for ten yrs. We took our time and made sure we were ready for marriage. I always say marriage,and love,is a choice. You choose each day to love or not love that person.

Also I think people watch way too many movies. I have a gf that is my age and still single. She's a sweet girl and pretty but not a clue when it comes to relationships. She asked me if I knew any single men so I asked her what sort of man she was looking for. She asked if I knew of the actor Dwayne Johnson, I said I did. She said "someone like him". And she was dead serious. As I said,still single. smh

LOL! The Rock? He seems like a good hearted guy but Hollywood people live in a totally different reality.....I believe that when you find someone right for you, all the little annoying stuff that irked you about others for some magical and odd reason,m= they don't other you with them...You like them more because of the cute flaws which we all have.... I am still single and 40 Ha ha... Thought my life would have been different than this but forcing the issue never worked for me.

Happy for anyone who found happiness. It is so rare today.

sharpjude

Jan 11, 2019
As the saying goes it takes two to tango and even if you married the love of your life it does not mean that the road will be smooth or even if you last the distance. Life happens, situations happen that change people as well as one of the spouses gets lazy in the marriage and does not work at it, basically something called mutual respect. I have stood the test of time and time has not been in my favour with regard to maintaing the marriage. So I have come to the conclusion we will have the love of our lives at different stages if we are available as we change with time so the love of our life at 20 probably would not have been the love of our life at 40, but for any union to work both parties have to work at it include respect, honour and loyalty.

sharpjude

Jan 11, 2019
As far as "there is someone out there" that philosophy has caused so many people to miss happiness, and turn up miserable old shrews. If you want someone find a fella who meets the qualifications of the Bible and is interested in you and invest in them.
I quite agree took me a long time to realise this.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
There are so many stories of love in the Bible. Check out Genesis 24 concerning the unique circumstances of how Isaac and Rebekah met each other. The story includes an angel and prayer. I find it quite beautiful and romantic.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
As the saying goes it takes two to tango and even if you married the love of your life it does not mean that the road will be smooth or even if you last the distance. Life happens, situations happen that change people as well as one of the spouses gets lazy in the marriage and does not work at it, basically something called mutual respect. I have stood the test of time and time has not been in my favour with regard to maintaing the marriage. So I have come to the conclusion we will have the love of our lives at different stages if we are available as we change with time so the love of our life at 20 probably would not have been the love of our life at 40, but for any union to work both parties have to work at it include respect, honour and loyalty.
Totally agree!.....I just believe that when it is right, it is right,,,,Think back to childhood. We had many friends that raising our voice or ever think about hurting them was never possible...Yes disagreements happened but they were and could be worked out in a calm and mutual manner.....It is just a strange phenomena how along the dating years how unimportant petite things could turn you off about someone or when you began dating someone, it seemed like TONS of eyes were now interested in you. That NEVER happened when I had no one...I took that as a sign of just not being the right one..

My test for anyone who isn't sure they are with the right one is:
Ask yourself this tough questions:

If their face got 50% burned would you leave them?
If they became paralyzed from waist down are you staying?
If they lost all their money are you staying?

If you can answer those questions without hesitation, you got the right one.
If you need to think hard, they may not be the right one....Just saying!

L

LadyInWaiting

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: This made me laugh out loud.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
I know so many people who make the claim in the present time but, as years pass on, they either where mistaken by their choice, seduced by external beauty or just weren't willing to wait for the right one.

I am interested in hearing from people who have gone the distance. Stood the test of time and can offer some guidance of how they got there?

I read a statistic the other day that said:

17% said they met their soul mates too late.
73 percent of people surveyed say they are “making do” in their relationship because their true love got away.
And 46 percent say they’d leave their spouse or partner to be with their true love.

THIS is scary is it not?

Any thoughts?
Another good article:
http://www.the-standard.org/opinion...cle_f71a45b4-2e8b-5f03-b45f-c95ed28cb6f1.html

L

LadyInWaiting

I think the love of our lives should be Jesus Christ. I know that sounds cliche but there's truth to it.

Let's say you marry a man you love at 25. Ya'll build a life together with a family. You both seem happy and you both love and serve the Lord. Then all of a sudden he is tempted and cheats on you. Does that mean he isn't the love of your life? He could very well be the one God has for you...but he cheated on you. He was tempted. Humans are sinful and we mess up sometimes...a lot of the time.
So once your husband cheats, you start thinking of someone else from your past or maybe someone you know now and assume that person must be "the one." It's an endless cycle.
Also, what if you marry your "soulmate" and then he dies five years later? Are you destined to stay single forever? Was he not your soulmate, since he died too early?

So this idea of soulmates can be a bit dangerous, I think. It places too much importance and pressure on a mere mortal. Only Christ has the capacity to give us everything we need. We are needy, we want attention, love, acceptance, care, forgiveness, mercy, affection, and a bunch of other things. Another human being can't give us all that all the time. So thinking about this in a literal sense, the love of our lives is Jesus. We will always be with him and he with us no matter what happens. It's the ultimate love story. :love:

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
I think the love of our lives should be Jesus Christ. I know that sounds cliche but there's truth to it.

Let's say you marry a man you love at 25. Ya'll build a life together with a family. You both seem happy and you both love and serve the Lord. Then all of a sudden he is tempted and cheats on you. Does that mean he isn't the love of your life? He could very well be the one God has for you...but he cheated on you. He was tempted. Humans are sinful and we mess up sometimes...a lot of the time.
So once your husband cheats, you start thinking of someone else from your past or maybe someone you know now and assume that person must be "the one." It's an endless cycle.
Also, what if you marry your "soulmate" and then he dies five years later? Are you destined to stay single forever? Was he not your soulmate, since he died too early?

So this idea of soulmates can be a bit dangerous, I think. It places too much importance and pressure on a mere mortal. Only Christ has the capacity to give us everything we need. We are needy, we want attention, love, acceptance, care, forgiveness, mercy, affection, and a bunch of other things. Another human being can't give us all that all the time. So thinking about this in a literal sense, the love of our lives is Jesus. We will always be with him and he with us no matter what happens. It's the ultimate love story. :love:

I absolutely agree...I hope and pray that if I am blessed with being one with my soulmate that it lasts for years but you are correct, NO ONE knows what the future will bring us. In a way it scares us but also makes life fun and enjoyable.

When I was at my lowest and every family member basically washed their hands with me, I turned to the one who has always been there. I was just too foolish to acknowledge it.

L

LadyInWaiting

I absolutely agree...I hope and pray that if I am blessed with being one with my soulmate that it lasts for years but you are correct, NO ONE knows what the future will bring us. In a way it scares us but also makes life fun and enjoyable.

When I was at my lowest and every family member basically washed their hands with me, I turned to the one who has always been there. I was just too foolish to acknowledge it.
I feel the same, Sis! Sometimes I feel like "man, will I EVER get married? I'm so lonely!" Then I realize Jesus is my cup and my portion. I just have to make time to invest in that relationship to feel full. After that, I don't feel so lonely anymore. :)
I'm sorry about your family doing that to you.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
I feel the same, Sis! Sometimes I feel like "man, will I EVER get married? I'm so lonely!" Then I realize Jesus is my cup and my portion. I just have to make time to invest in that relationship to feel full. After that, I don't feel so lonely anymore. :)
I'm sorry about your family doing that to you.
How do you PM? I am not hitting on you it is just I like talking to like minded people?

L

Locoponydirtman

There are so many stories of love in the Bible. Check out Genesis 24 concerning the unique circumstances of how Isaac and Rebekah met each other. The story includes an angel and prayer. I find it quite beautiful and romantic.
What about Leah, and Jacob? Yet God blessed that union with far more children than Rachel.
I think you find more marriages in the Bible that worked were simply practical. Those passionate marriages really turned out to cause a lot of trouble.
In the new testament, you see God giving the command through Paul, saying love your wives, and commanding women to respect your husband's. If this was a matter of emotions, it would not be possible to command it .

K

kaylagrl

LOL! The Rock? He seems like a good hearted guy but Hollywood people live in a totally different reality.....I believe that when you find someone right for you, all the little annoying stuff that irked you about others for some magical and odd reason,m= they don't other you with them...You like them more because of the cute flaws which we all have.... I am still single and 40 Ha ha... Thought my life would have been different than this but forcing the issue never worked for me.

Happy for anyone who found happiness. It is so rare today.
Yes. the Rock. rofl And as sweet a girl as she is,she is no runway model. It's like people think they are in a movie. Men may do the same but how many women overlooked a good man because they were looking for a Hollywood made up story? I never dated till my late 30s and married in my early 40s. When I met my hubby he was nice,seemed sweet but was rather quiet and a little reserved. I could have missed a wonderful blessing if I had been looking to the "Hollywood" type. But we continued to date and are married today. And that solid,calm.quiet person is just what I needed in a family that are loud,dramatic and pushy. He stands behind me,solid as an oak and helps me stand up against all that. He's been such a blessing.