Who is Babylon in Revelation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
In other words,you don't know the answer.
I have the historical records of Inquisitions conducted in three regions in France.

We are fortunate to have these records of these Inquisitions in France.

Below are three regions in France that were subjected to an Inquisition.

France's first Dominican inquisitor, Robert le Bougre, working in the years 1233-1244, earned a particularly grim reputation. In 1236, Robert burned about 50 people in the area of Champagne and Flanders, and on May 13, 1239, in Montwimer, he burned 183 Cathars.[39] Following Robert's removal from office, Inquisition activity in northern France remained very low. One of the largest trials in the area took place in 1459-1460 at Arras; 34 people were then accused of witchcraft and satanism, 12 of them were burned at the stake.[40]

The main center of the medieval inquisition was undoubtedly the Languedoc. The first inquisitors were appointed there in 1233, but due to strong resistance from local communities in the early years, most sentences concerned dead heretics, whose bodies were exhumed and burned. Actual executions occurred sporadically and, until the fall of the fortress of Montsegur (1244), probably accounted for no more than 1% of all sentences.[41] (wiki.Inquisitions)

The number of executions was much lower that I thought they would be.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
I have the historical records of Inquisitions conducted in three regions in France.

We are fortunate to have these records of these Inquisitions in France.

Below are three regions in France that were subjected to an Inquisition.

France's first Dominican inquisitor, Robert le Bougre, working in the years 1233-1244, earned a particularly grim reputation. In 1236, Robert burned about 50 people in the area of Champagne and Flanders, and on May 13, 1239, in Montwimer, he burned 183 Cathars.[39] Following Robert's removal from office, Inquisition activity in northern France remained very low. One of the largest trials in the area took place in 1459-1460 at Arras; 34 people were then accused of witchcraft and satanism, 12 of them were burned at the stake.[40]

The main center of the medieval inquisition was undoubtedly the Languedoc. The first inquisitors were appointed there in 1233, but due to strong resistance from local communities in the early years, most sentences concerned dead heretics, whose bodies were exhumed and burned. Actual executions occurred sporadically and, until the fall of the fortress of Montsegur (1244), probably accounted for no more than 1% of all sentences.[41] (wiki.Inquisitions)

The number of executions was much lower that I thought they would be.

If you can't answer the question I put forth in #8 then why are even discussing anything with me?
I don't care about what the Romans , Chinese,or Russians have done in the past.
I asked how are the people which are in Jerusalem ransacking the houses and raping the woman of Jerusalem going to be in in any other city ransacking the houses and raping the women on the same day?

You quoted my question and changed the subject.Dont change the subject.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
And if it helps you understand better,the Israeli government and it's kingdom is the beast from the sea ,which the descendents of Jacob have followed after from.all nations,peoples and tongues.
They worship the beast .This is why Babylon is given the cup of God's wrath.

Revelation 16:19
The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

Revelation 14:9-10
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

This is between God and the descendents of Israel,and anyone else who wants to include themselves.
You have a right to your opinion. I just do not agree.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
If you can't answer the question I put forth in #8 then why are even discussing anything with me?
I don't care about what the Romans , Chinese,or Russians have done in the past.
I asked how are the people which are in Jerusalem ransacking the houses and raping the woman of Jerusalem going to be in in any other city ransacking the houses and raping the women on the same day?

You quoted my question and changed the subject.Dont change the subject.
I don't understand your question.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
I did.
You said the Pope and catholics have something to do with the Muslims attacking Israel

The Pope and catholics have absolutely nothing to do with Muslims attacking Israel.

There are two separate wars in revelation pertaining to Israel being attacked.The first war takes place before the millinial reign in which the Muslims conquer Israel.This is the Israel which is called a prostitute and answers by the name Babylon.This is the descendents of Jacob who do not keep the commandments of God.They are destroyed before the millinium.

After they are destroyed,the kingdom is given to the descendents of Jacob who keep the commandments of God and they will reign with Christ.After 1000 years the nations outside of the promised land come against those saints and are destroyed.

Both these wars is what God said he would cause to the descendents of Jacob in Deuteronomy 28.
You are mistaken as to what I am trying to convey. But thanks for the discussion.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
I don't understand your question.
I will try to reword it for you then.

According to the word of God.All nations will come against Jerusalem on the day of the Lord. They will ransack the houses and rape the he women of Jerusalem.

The question is,if all the nations have come against Jerusalem ransacking the houses and raping the women on the day of the Lord as the word of God says in zech 14,then who is in Babylon ransacking the houses and raping the women on the day of the Lord in Isaiah 13 ?

Zech 14
14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Isaiah 13
6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
I will try to reword it for you then.

According to the word of God.All nations will come against Jerusalem on the day of the Lord. They will ransack the houses and rape the he women of Jerusalem.

The question is,if all the nations have come against Jerusalem ransacking the houses and raping the women on the day of the Lord as the word of God says in zech 14,then who is in Babylon ransacking the houses and raping the women on the day of the Lord in Isaiah 13 ?

Zech 14
14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Isaiah 13
6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
Good question?

I know that Jerusalem in the book of Revelation is referred to as Sodom or Egypt.

Revelation 11:8
And their dead bodies will lie on the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

Babylon has excess wealth, luxury, and is much more powerful, so powerful that she reigns over the kings of the earth.

Revelation 17:18
The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.

Revelation 18:3
For all the nations have fallen because of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of sexual immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich from the excessive wealth of her luxury.

Jerusalem had no power to reign over any other nation.

Jerusalem was not a wealthy country, Jerusalem had no exports to speak of.

Babylon sacked Jerusalem and made the temple desolate.

Rome sacked Jerusalem and made the temple desolate.

Any other questions you have feel free to ask.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Good question?

I know that Jerusalem in the book of Revelation is referred to as Sodom or Egypt.

And their dead bodies will lie on the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

Babylon has excess wealth, luxury, and is much more powerful, so powerful that she reigns over the kings of the earth.

The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.

For all the nations have fallen because of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of sexual immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich from the excessive wealth of her luxury.

Why would I ask anymore questions when you haven't answered the first?

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Good question?

PS
The beast and ten horns who hate the prostitute Babylon are in Jerusalem on the day of the Lord.They kill the two witnesses and are celebrating their victory the day the Lord comes.

They never attack Rome.

Revelation11
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
Historicism is an interpretive method in eschatology that views biblical prophecies as a reflection of actual historical events and trends. This approach to the Book of Revelation suggests that “Babylon the Great” symbolizes a succession of political and religious powers that have opposed the core tenets of Christianity throughout history.
According to historicism, “Babylon the Great” is not a reference to a single entity or specific period but rather represents a pattern of apostasy and moral decay recurring across different eras. The term encapsulates those institutions that have wielded considerable influence and have deviated from Christian teachings, often leading to persecution or corruption of the faith.
The fall of “Babylon the Great” is seen as the inevitable decline and judgment of all such systems that have arisen and will arise until the culmination of history. Historicism thus provides a framework for interpreting the prophecies of Revelation as a continuous narrative, with “Babylon the Great” serving as a metaphor for the collective departure from divine principles by human institutions, which will ultimately face divine retribution.

The Book of Revelation has been interpreted through various lenses over the centuries, and historicism is just one of them. Here’s how historicism stacks up against the other main interpretive methods:
Each approach offers a different perspective on how to understand the complex imagery and messages in Revelation. Historicism provides a broad historical context, while the other methods focus on past, future, or timeless spiritual interpretations. The choice of method can significantly influence the interpretation of the text and its application to the reader’s understanding of history and eschatology.

Only one can be correct, the others would be catagotized as what the Bible identifies as “private interpretation”.

[2Pe 1:20-21 KJV] 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
Historicism is an interpretive method in eschatology that views biblical prophecies as a reflection of actual historical events and trends. This approach to the Book of Revelation suggests that “Babylon the Great” symbolizes a succession of political and religious powers that have opposed the core tenets of Christianity throughout history.
According to historicism, “Babylon the Great” is not a reference to a single entity or specific period but rather represents a pattern of apostasy and moral decay recurring across different eras. The term encapsulates those institutions that have wielded considerable influence and have deviated from Christian teachings, often leading to persecution or corruption of the faith.
The fall of “Babylon the Great” is seen as the inevitable decline and judgment of all such systems that have arisen and will arise until the culmination of history. Historicism thus provides a framework for interpreting the prophecies of Revelation as a continuous narrative, with “Babylon the Great” serving as a metaphor for the collective departure from divine principles by human institutions, which will ultimately face divine retribution.

The Book of Revelation has been interpreted through various lenses over the centuries, and historicism is just one of them. Here’s how historicism stacks up against the other main interpretive methods:
Each approach offers a different perspective on how to understand the complex imagery and messages in Revelation. Historicism provides a broad historical context, while the other methods focus on past, future, or timeless spiritual interpretations. The choice of method can significantly influence the interpretation of the text and its application to the reader’s understanding of history and eschatology.

Only one can be correct, the others would be catagotized as what the Bible identifies as “private interpretation”.

[2Pe 1:20-21 KJV] 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.
The origins of the different interpretive methods for the Book of Revelation can be attributed to various figures throughout history:
These individuals and their interpretations have significantly shaped the understanding of the Book of Revelation throughout Christian history.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
The futurist interpretation was popularized by John ,the writer of revelation.

John did not view the book of revelation as a book of history lessons but a book of prophecy concerning the future.

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
The futurist interpretation was popularized by John ,the writer of revelation.

John did not view the book of revelation as a book of history lessons but a book of prophecy concerning the future.
Where does John explain the gap in history?

Rather it originates from the Roman Catholic counter-reformation.

Francisco Ribera – A Jesuit Scholar

Francisco Ribera (1537–1591) was a Spanish Jesuit theologian, deeply rooted in the Catholic tradition. His membership in the Society of Jesus influenced his scholarly work, particularly his commentary on the Book of Revelation. As a Jesuit, Ribera was part of an order known for its intellectual rigor and dedication to the Catholic Church. His theological perspectives were shaped by this affiliation, as he sought to defend the church and clarify eschatological truths from a Catholic viewpoint.

Francisco Ribera’s Thesis and the Gap Theory

Ribera’s thesis, which includes elements related to the Gap Theory, can be summarized as follows:

• Ribera’s Commentary on Revelation: In 1590, Ribera wrote a commentary on the Book of Revelation, where he challenged the prevailing view that the Antichrist was the Papacy. Instead, he proposed that the Antichrist would be a single individual appearing at the end of the age.
  • Futurism and the Gap Theory: Ribera’s futurist interpretation laid the groundwork for the Gap Theory within eschatology. He assigned the initial chapters of Revelation to the first century and posited that the rest would unfold during a literal three and a half years at the end of time.
  • Resurrection and Tribulation: Ribera taught that a rebuilt Jewish temple would be central to the narrative, with the Antichrist abolishing the Christian religion, denying Christ, pretending to be God, and conquering the world—all before the resurrection.
  • Influence and Resurgence: Ribera’s thesis lay dormant for centuries until it was resurrected in the 1820s by scholars like S. R. Maitland and James Todd, who supported Ribera’s views and repudiated the Protestant Reformers’ position on the Antichrist.
Ribera’s work significantly influenced the development of Dispensationalism and the concept of a future period of tribulation, which is closely associated with the Gap Theory in the context of Daniel’s 70 weeks prophecy. His thesis redirected the identification of the Antichrist away from the Papacy to a future secular individual, shaping the futurist interpretation of eschatological events.

The Darby Bible and Futurism

The Darby Bible, first published in 1890, is a translation from the original languages by John Nelson Darby. It is characterized by its literal translation approach and was created for private study rather than public reading. The translation is available in English, French, and German, aiming to make the Scriptures accessible to those unfamiliar with the original biblical languages.

Darby’s translation presented futurism as if it were part of the biblical text, often including futurist interpretations within the footnotes or the text itself. This approach influenced readers to view these interpretations as consistent with the scriptural message, thereby promoting a futurist understanding of biblical prophecy.

[2Ti 2:15 KJV] 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Where does John explain the gap in history?

Rather it originates from the Roman Catholic counter-reformation.

Francisco Ribera – A Jesuit Scholar

Francisco Ribera (1537–1591) was a Spanish Jesuit theologian, deeply rooted in the Catholic tradition. His membership in the Society of Jesus influenced his scholarly work, particularly his commentary on the Book of Revelation. As a Jesuit, Ribera was part of an order known for its intellectual rigor and dedication to the Catholic Church. His theological perspectives were shaped by this affiliation, as he sought to defend the church and clarify eschatological truths from a Catholic viewpoint.

Francisco Ribera’s Thesis and the Gap Theory

Ribera’s thesis, which includes elements related to the Gap Theory, can be summarized as follows:

• Ribera’s Commentary on Revelation: In 1590, Ribera wrote a commentary on the Book of Revelation, where he challenged the prevailing view that the Antichrist was the Papacy. Instead, he proposed that the Antichrist would be a single individual appearing at the end of the age.
  • Futurism and the Gap Theory: Ribera’s futurist interpretation laid the groundwork for the Gap Theory within eschatology. He assigned the initial chapters of Revelation to the first century and posited that the rest would unfold during a literal three and a half years at the end of time.
  • Resurrection and Tribulation: Ribera taught that a rebuilt Jewish temple would be central to the narrative, with the Antichrist abolishing the Christian religion, denying Christ, pretending to be God, and conquering the world—all before the resurrection.
  • Influence and Resurgence: Ribera’s thesis lay dormant for centuries until it was resurrected in the 1820s by scholars like S. R. Maitland and James Todd, who supported Ribera’s views and repudiated the Protestant Reformers’ position on the Antichrist.
Ribera’s work significantly influenced the development of Dispensationalism and the concept of a future period of tribulation, which is closely associated with the Gap Theory in the context of Daniel’s 70 weeks prophecy. His thesis redirected the identification of the Antichrist away from the Papacy to a future secular individual, shaping the futurist interpretation of eschatological events.

The Darby Bible and Futurism

The Darby Bible, first published in 1890, is a translation from the original languages by John Nelson Darby. It is characterized by its literal translation approach and was created for private study rather than public reading. The translation is available in English, French, and German, aiming to make the Scriptures accessible to those unfamiliar with the original biblical languages.

Darby’s translation presented futurism as if it were part of the biblical text, often including futurist interpretations within the footnotes or the text itself. This approach influenced readers to view these interpretations as consistent with the scriptural message, thereby promoting a futurist understanding of biblical prophecy.

[2Ti 2:15 KJV] 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

John doesn't say anything about a gap.

He says come Lord Jesus.

That is a futuristic statement.Not a historical one.

With history being 20/20,can you quote anyone who saw Jesus coming in the clouds of heaven?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Good question?

“Jerusalem had no power to reign over any other nation.”

Has God ever chosen another city on earth ?

“nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:35‬ ‭

but I have chosen Jerusalem, that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel.”

‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭6:6‬ ‭

“And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?”
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭3

But something happened to Jerusalem

“And the LORD said, I will remove Judah also out of my sight, as I have removed Israel, and will cast off this city Jerusalem which I have chosen, and the house of which I said, My name shall be there.”
‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭23:27

later after some back and forth

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:37-38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

after God chose jerusalem tbey responded like this

But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so. Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them, and tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭16:15-18‬ ‭KJ

they worshipped Babylonian gods Persian gods Grecian gods Roman gods for generations and eventually

“Wherefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD: Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thy filthiness was poured out, and thy nakedness discovered through thy whoredoms with thy lovers, and with all the idols of thy abominations, and by the blood of thy children, which thou didst give unto them;

behold, therefore I will gather all thy lovers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loved, with all them that thou hast hated; I will even gather them round about against thee, and will discover thy nakedness unto them, that they may see all thy nakedness. And I will judge thee, as women that break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will give thee blood in fury and jealousy. And I will also give thee into their hand, and they shall throw down thine eminent place, and shall break down thy high places: they shall strip thee also of thy clothes, and shall take thy fair jewels, and leave thee naked and bare. They shall also bring up a company against thee, and they shall stone thee with stones, and thrust thee through with their swords. And they shall burn thine houses with fire, and execute judgments upon thee in the sight of many women: and I will cause thee to cease from playing the harlot, and thou also shalt give no hire any more. Because thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, but hast fretted me in all these things; behold, therefore I also will recompense thy way upon thine head, saith the Lord GOD: and thou shalt not commit this lewdness above all thine abominations.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭16:35-41, 43‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That’s what this is talking about those words prophesied about jeruswlem needed to be fulfilled

“And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭17:16-17‬ ‭

The beast began with Babylon overthrowing Jerusalem nebucadnezzar was the first head of the beast the beast rose up to fulfill the prophecies against jesusalem and also the nations of earth and the whole earth revelation takes all of prophecy and sets it in a narrative

jerusalem is the only city ever chosen by God to rule its representing bi local order not what we see looking at the world we would think America or China theses days but through Gods eyes only one city had the place to rule the earth that city is Jerusalem

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
John doesn't say anything about a gap.

He says come Lord Jesus.

That is a futuristic statement.Not a historical one.

With history being 20/20,can you quote anyone who saw Jesus coming in the clouds of heaven?
Do you have any Bible text that would provide clarification?

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Do you have any Bible text that would provide clarification?
Revelation 22:20
He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
It goes back to the tower of babel

People were confused because of their evil practices and beliefs.

The evil practices and beliefs were in Literal Babylon and have continued ever since in the world.

Revelation tells us to come out of Babylon. To not be part of that fallen city.

It is symbolic for the fallen practices and beliefs that are in the world today.
Man doing it their way and following tradition over the word of God.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
PS
The beast and ten horns who hate the prostitute Babylon are in Jerusalem on the day of the Lord.They kill the two witnesses and are celebrating their victory the day the Lord comes.

They never attack Rome.

Revelation11
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Your interpretation of Babylon failed according to the two verses below.

You forgot to mention the second beast, the false prophet.

And their dead bodies will lie on the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt.

The two witnesses are killed during the second woe and that is not the day of the Lord.

Babylon is not Sodom and Egypt.