Who is Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Sprinkling and pouring are represented in scripture. I personally like the symbolism of pouring. They aren't as you say traditions from some churches. They're actually the most common form of baptism in the history of the Church.
The history of RCC, and several reformation denominations. Not generally Baptists, Pentecostals and other churches that go by the bible over tradition.

What does sprinkling and pouring picture? How does that symbolise Jesus' death, burial and resurrection? It doesn't.

Anyway .. I will agree to disagree.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
The history of RCC, and several reformation denominations. Not generally Baptists, Pentecostals and other churches that go by the bible over tradition.
Baptists, Pentacostals, and others haven't been around long, so my comment about the history of the Church stands.
What does sprinkling and pouring picture? How does that symbolise Jesus' death, burial and resurrection? It doesn't.
Nor does it need to. Households were baptized. Were the babies submerged?
Anyway .. I will agree to disagree.
I was certain about that from the start.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
A young Jewish man enthusiastic about change
Is this comment about Jesus of Nazareth or about yourself? If it is about Christ, then you are way off the mark. If it is about yourself then you need to believe on Him as your Lord and Savior.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Why is this coming up in this thread?
I was asking tylerbones about baptism and salvation. Night twister was saying baptism can be sprinkling or pouring. But I'm leaving that subject in this topic now.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Baptists, Pentacostals, and others haven't been around long, so my comment about the history of the Church stands.

Nor does it need to. Households were baptized. Were the babies submerged?

I was certain about that from the start.
Baptistic churches that have the same doctrine but not a denominational name have been around since b4 the RCC began!

Read the Battle for Baptist History by I.K.Cross. Or My Church by J.M.Moody. Or Churches in the Valley in the Valley of Piedmont. Among others.

End

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
Baptistic churches that have the same doctrine but not a denominational name have been around since b4 the RCC began!
Please tell me about the "Trail of Blood."
Read the Battle for Baptist History by I.K.Cross. Or My Church by J.M.Moody. Or Churches in the Valley in the Valley of Piedmont. Among others.
They are all forced to latch onto many heretical groups. No thanks.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
They all are forced to latch onto many heretical groups. No thanks.
This thread is not about heretical groups. And you are simply repeating what you posted elsewhere. So just drop this and focus on Christ.

May 1, 2022
It's heresy to call something heresy that's not heresy. The road is narrow, but it's not a tightrope.
I have to call it what it is and I'm not sorry if that offends you. Offenses and the convicting power of the Holy Ghost is how we draw nearer to God day by day. And rest assured the narrow way is a single file line.

May 1, 2022
I have to call it what it is and I'm not sorry if that offends you. Offenses and the convicting power of the Holy Ghost is how we draw nearer to God day by day. And rest assured the narrow way is a single file line.
Show me a scripture in the New testament, that doesn't refer to the Old testament, that supports your statement.

May 1, 2022
Is this comment about Jesus of Nazareth or about yourself? If it is about Christ, then you are way off the mark. If it is about yourself then you need to believe on Him as your Lord and Savior.
I so agree

May 1, 2022
I was asking tylerbones about baptism and salvation. Night twister was saying baptism can be sprinkling or pouring. But I'm leaving that subject in this topic now.
You can look at my comments here and other threads about these subjects. If you need to know anything else please respond to this post.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
I'm not at all offended that you're wrong.

Dec 16, 2021
Egypt
It is about the question of the topic !
I don't need to believe in jesus I am an Agnostic :)

Dec 16, 2021
Egypt
You need help understanding Scripture. That is why we are all doing our part and sharing our love for Christ that others may come to know Him through His Words. Read these Scriptures from a True Heart of faith and then tell me if you believe Jesus was just an mere mortal man.

John 8:58: "Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am.”
Colossians 1:15: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.”
Hebrews 1:8: “But about the Son he says: “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom.”
Revelation 1:8: “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Just let jesus appear to me