I appreciate your response, though I don’t agree with it.It was quite a generalisation. Catholicism is pantheistic, like Roman paganism.
I appreciate your response, though I don’t agree with it.It was quite a generalisation. Catholicism is pantheistic, like Roman paganism.
Sure. What is your opinion, if I might ask? If it would be considered off topic you can message me if you like.I appreciate your response, though I don’t agree with it.
Pantheism is the belief that everything is 'god'. Catholics are not pantheists. Ancient Romans were polytheists, meaning that they believed in many gods. Catholics are not polytheists either.Sure. What is your opinion, if I might ask? If it would be considered off topic you can message me if you like.
Maybe for the same reason the early century Pope made the scriptures about the Magdalene to read as if she was a prostitute.Why has this been downvoted?
Pantheism is the belief all in creation is God, or the Divine Source.It was quite a generalisation. Catholicism is pantheistic, like Roman paganism.
My mistake. I meant to say it is polytheistic.Pantheism is the belief all in creation is God, or the Divine Source.
Pantheism is condemned as a term in Christianity, because of its Pagan origin.
However, when God tells all that exists is both of and from God, that's Pantheism. Though it can't be because that's Pantheism and is denied by Christians because somehow it is not true because Christians relegate it to the realm of Paganism.
Pagan, from the word ,Pagani. Meaning country dweller. Pagans were what are called , hicks today. Nothing evil.
Pantheism is the belief that everything is 'god'. Catholics are not pantheists. Ancient Romans were polytheists, meaning that they believed in many gods. Catholics are not polytheists either.
My understanding is that Catholics are monotheists, and that their beliefs about God are orthodox. The problem is that the Catholic Church does not teach a biblically sound view of salvation, and add all manner of man-made beliefs on top of orthodox theology, thereby corrupting it. The Judaizers of Paul's day had similarly orthodox beliefs about God, but their understanding of salvation was inconsistent with Christian truth.
Whether individual Catholics believe everything their leaders teach is a separate questiTE]
Syncretic may be a better word/description.It was quite a generalisation. Catholicism is pantheistic, like Roman paganism.
My mistake. I meant to say it is polytheistic.