Who is my brother?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

IFOLLOWHIM

I am a born again,Holy Spirit filled believer in the Father,the Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit!
The Word of God is the Holy Spirit inspired manual to walk as He commands!
I study under the leadership of the Holy Spirit to gain wisdom ,knowledge and understanding,that I might follow Him!
I pray from my heart in intimacy with Him through the Holy Spirit!
I do my best to show His love to others,and be open,approachable and non judgmental!

Apr 12, 2019
Im not saying you are damned. I am not God. I cannot Judge your soul.

You do not have the Holy Spirit. And this is not to put you down but to prove the point. Youre missing something, the words you use are not of the Spirit.

You can discern between the Holy Spirit and your feelings?? What does that even mean. Your shooting in the dark. Youre missing the target. You dont know what youre saying. The Holy Spirit is not feelings... im assuming thats what you think it is. YOU ARE WRONG.
Ok, thats fine, so your saying im not walking according to the Spirit, not that i don't have the Spirit, there is a big difference.
Anyway all good bro, lets end this, take what is good from these things anyway.

M

morefaithrequired

If there is anyone who has the Spirit here it is IFH. She steers clear of childish pointscoring. (something I cant say about myself). And she always aims to build not tear down.
She is trying to save my sinful butt. However my droll humour seems to be an obstacle I am hiding behind.
Theres a few others here too.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
I am a born again,Holy Spirit filled believer in the Father,the Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit!
The Word of God is the Holy Spirit inspired manual to walk as He commands!
I study under the leadership of the Holy Spirit to gain wisdom ,knowledge and understanding,that I might follow Him!
I pray from my heart in intimacy with Him through the Holy Spirit!
I do my best to show His love to others,and be open,approachable and non judgmental!
Theyre not Spirit filled. They hate what they dont understand. They think it means we think we are special? Were sinners. No better then the next man. Its a sincere heart, repentant heart, broken heart, who seeks for God in brokenness, and asks God to step in and take over. No longer in control of oneself but Jesus as His master. Love and obedience is the character God seeks. It is these who shall be called Holy. It is these who have been called His. These have been redeemed washed and filled with His Spirit.

All glory to God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. If that makes me a nut, then im unashamed. All things are made new, all things passed count as rubish or dung. If they dont understand that they dont know the Power of God.

Luke 18:9 Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else:10 “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! 12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’
13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ 14 I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Thank God for DNA test! lol....

My brother is my neighbor. I honestly think if, as I child of God, I have to figure out/ question who I have to show love/mercy/grace to and even help or support ( talking about pockets/wallet) then I would REALLY BE MISSING SOMETHING IN MY WALK!!!!

I am quite sure if I was in sex trafficking I would want to do do what you can to free me. If I was hungry please feed me, IF I DIDN'T KNOW JESUS AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR PLEASE SHARE THE GOSPEL WITH ME.....

Apr 12, 2019
Theyre not Spirit filled. They hate what they dont understand. They think it means we think we are special? Were sinners. No better then the next man. Its a sincere heart, repentant heart, broken heart, who seeks for God in brokenness, and asks God to step in and take over. No longer in control of oneself but Jesus as His master. Love and obedience is the character God seeks. It is these who shall be called Holy. It is these who have been called His. These have been redeemed washed and filled with His Spirit.

All glory to God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. If that makes me a nut, then im unashamed. All things are made new, all things passed count as rubish or dung. If they dont understand that they dont know the Power of God.

Luke 18:9 Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else:10 “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people—cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! 12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’
13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ 14 I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Look, im sorry if i offended you alright, thats an awesome statement of faith! thank God we have Jesus or we would be burning in hell forever :)

I

IFOLLOWHIM

If there is anyone who has the Spirit here it is IFH. She steers clear of childish pointscoring. (something I cant say about myself). And she always aims to build not tear down.
She is trying to save my sinful butt. However my droll humour seems to be an obstacle I am hiding behind.
Theres a few others here too.

You are my friend,I love you!

I am nothing but His handmaiden!

He saves those others reject!

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Look, im sorry if i offended you alright, thats an awesome statement of faith! thank God we have Jesus or we would be burning in hell forever :)
You never offended me brother. I just want to make sure you know the TRUTH. In the body we have an obligation to God. I dont want to see you mislead by so many false christians and flase pastors. Its rampant in these last days. I can hear some of that indoctrination in your beliefs. Im not a mystic lol

Just remember that faith requires works. Works does not mean some legalistic approach for salvation. Works means obedience. It was faith with works that is faith perfected. Abraham had faith, his obedience to God to sacrifice his only son isaac was counted to him as righteousness. His willingness to sacrifice his only son was his faith with WORKS. Not works for salvation. Its faith done with fruits or evidence of your faith.

Point being OBEDIENCE. Those who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God will obey Him. This leads to salvation. Because Jesus is the way, The truth, and the Life. To follow is to act on this belief. That faith in Jesus Christ with works (obedience) leads to salvation. The Holy Spirit is a promise to these who follow Christ.

Youre halfway there brother. God bless you.

M

morefaithrequired

but he was so insistent i respond re catholocism. seems it wasnt so important to him after all

Apr 12, 2019
You never offended me brother. I just want to make sure you know the TRUTH. In the body we have an obligation to God. I dont want to see you mislead by so many false christians and flase pastors. Its rampant in these last days. I can hear some of that indoctrination in your beliefs. Im not a mystic lol

Just remember that faith requires works. Works does not mean some legalistic approach for salvation. Works means obedience. It was faith with works that is faith perfected. Abraham had faith, his obedience to God to sacrifice his only son isaac was counted to him as righteousness. His willingness to sacrifice his only son was his faith with WORKS. Not works for salvation. Its faith done with fruits or evidence of your faith.

Point being OBEDIENCE. Those who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God will obey Him. This leads to salvation. Because Jesus is the way, The truth, and the Life. To follow is to act on this belief. That faith in Jesus Christ with works (obedience) leads to salvation. The Holy Spirit is a promise to these who follow Christ.

Youre halfway there brother. God bless you.
Just to clarify are you saying we are saved not by faith alone? because if so, thats a false gospel and your on your way to hell.

Or are you saying that we are saved by faith only, yet it always leads to good works because of salvation, as IN not to gain salvation?

It says Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved (fully saved), you can't do anything to get it, its only a free gift.

Not saying you don't believe this, please clarify, you might be on your way to destruction.

Anyone that rejects this gospel as shown in scriptures is going to get consumed in God's wrath one day:
Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith,[a] as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith. Faith means its a gift only, you can't earn it from God.

Apr 12, 2019
After reading your comment again more closely, i think we are on agreement, so all good :)

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
I'm dipping over a conversation I know nothing about.... I did not look it up... but I see so many people saying sorry I offended you.... This sight is for debate... that is what debate is... you think someone is wrong, they think you are wrong... Have at in, in love....

Lets debate this... people should get over someone does not agree with them and unless the person responding was really, really nasty, weather right or wrong.... don't apologize.... debate... Scripture will prove who is right.... or offer more debate....lol....

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Just to clarify are you saying we are saved not by faith alone? because if so, thats a false gospel and your on your way to hell.

Or are you saying that we are saved by faith only, yet it always leads to good works because of salvation, as IN not to gain salvation?

It says Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved (fully saved), you can't do anything to get it, its only a free gift.

Not saying you don't believe this, please clarify, you might be on your way to destruction.
Im saying you have been taught a lie. Let me break it down for you and anyone else who comes across this post.

The Word of God says we are saved by grace through FAITH. This grace is Jesus Christ. We all know this because scriptures tell us what this scripture is referring to. Jesus was the gift God sent us to die for our sins in order to reconcile us to Himself.

So now we are to have faith Jesus Christ died and paid for our sins on the cross. And that He was resurrected and we too have the same hope to be raised on that day with Him in His glory. That is what we have faith in correct?

Jesus Christ saved us, not anything we did, its what Jesus did. Thats why He was given the highest honor and glory and sits on the right hand. It is by this grace that we are saved. Not anything we can ever do. Understood?

How can we receive this gift, this inheritance, how can we be a part of Gods kingdom? Deny yourself.. But what about our lives and our possessions? Anyone who seeks to save his life will lose it? But what if youre too young or still arent ready for all of that? What is man but a vapor, who is to put off for tomorrow if tomorrow is not promised? Many are the plans of man but only the plans of God shall prosper.

You see merely believing Jesus Christ died for our sins does nothing. That truth alone does not save. Even the demons believe and tremble. It is faith with works. Works meaning OBEDIENCE.

The Word of God constantly teaches that only those who love and obey God belong to Him. I will provide a few scriptures.

John 3:35 The Father loves his Son and has put everything into his hands.36 And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.”

Deuteronomy 7:9 Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands. 10 But he does not hesitate to punish and destroy those who reject him.11 Therefore, you must obey all these commands, decrees, and regulations I am giving you today.
12 “If you listen to these regulations and faithfully obey them, the Lord your God will keep his covenant of unfailing love with you, as he promised with an oath to your ancestors.

Exodus 19:5 Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the peoples on earth; for all the earth belongs to me.6 And you will be my kingdom of priests, my holy nation.’ This is the message you must give to the people of Israel.”

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
but he was so insistent i respond re catholocism. seems it wasnt so important to him after all
I did reply. You never responded. I observed your fondness for visual beauty. That was your reasoning for catholicism. I interpret that as the lust of the eyes. I mentioned your eyes cannot save you. You never responded.

M

morefaithrequired

I did reply. You never responded. I observed your fondness for visual beauty. That was your reasoning for catholicism. I interpret that as the lust of the eyes. I mentioned your eyes cannot save you. You never responded.
thats a rather trite response. i said more than that. you chose to pigeon hole me as some kind of visualist.
oh well soldier on.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
im just repeating myself from the blog section thread.
Im not a good apologist. we have a huge problem with rogue priests and abuse of power plus disgraceful cover ups. despite this I have a love of catholicism. One huge reason for me is the mystical option. Benedictine monks. The beauty of the Divine office. the beauty and mystery of beautuful stain glasss windows. The art.
I can never get used to a cross without Jesus on it.
ok thats just a start
Thats what i was working with? You mentioned monks and the devine office. I have no clue what any of that is? Like I said I was never catholic so im blind to what you guys practice.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
im just repeating myself from the blog section thread.
Im not a good apologist. we have a huge problem with rogue priests and abuse of power plus disgraceful cover ups. despite this I have a love of catholicism. One huge reason for me is the mystical option. Benedictine monks. The beauty of the Divine office. the beauty and mystery of beautuful stain glasss windows. The art.
I can never get used to a cross without Jesus on it.
ok thats just a start
What do you think of Catholicism's' demonic practice of praying to anyone other than the Father in Jesus name? Mary and the "Saints"?

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
James 4:11 Speak NOT evil of one another,brethern. He that SPEAKETH EVIL OF his brother,and judgeth his brother,speakers evil of the law,and judgeth the law: ( THE LAW of Jesus love.....IMO) but if thou judge the law,thou art NOT A DOER of the law,but a judge.
1 Jn.3:12 Not as Cain,who was of that wicked one,and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his OWN WORKS WERE EVIL,and his brothers righteous View attachment 207051 View attachment 207052
Relying on your works is what’s truly dangerous to your soul. Carry on.