J
J-Kay-2
Guest
Last evening I was studying the Scripture regarding the Body
of Christ. We make up His body while we are here on Earth.
Why would we take our hand and slap another? Should we not
extend it to help them ? What about the eye ? Do we say I am
not the eye, so I do not see it the way you do ? The Ear, I am
not the ear so, I don't have to listen to you ? Checking out the
scripture makes one remember we are the Body and I know it
convicts me to realize at times I forget I am actually to see my
brother or sister as a part of me and we make up the whole body
of Christ. ~
>>One Body, Many Parts.[SUP]*1 Corinthians 12
[/SUP]12As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ.[SUP]g[/SUP] 13For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit.[SUP]h[/SUP]
14Now the body is not a single part, but many. 15If a foot should say, “Because I am not a hand I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body. 16Or if an ear should say, “Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? 18But as it is, God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body. 21The eye cannot say to the hand, “I do not need you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I do not need you.” 22Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary, 23and those parts of the body that we consider less honorable we surround with greater honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater propriety, 24whereas our more presentable parts do not need this. But God has so constructed the body as to give greater honor to a part that is without it, 25so that there may be no division in the body, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another. 26If [one] part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy.
of Christ. We make up His body while we are here on Earth.
Why would we take our hand and slap another? Should we not
extend it to help them ? What about the eye ? Do we say I am
not the eye, so I do not see it the way you do ? The Ear, I am
not the ear so, I don't have to listen to you ? Checking out the
scripture makes one remember we are the Body and I know it
convicts me to realize at times I forget I am actually to see my
brother or sister as a part of me and we make up the whole body
of Christ. ~
>>One Body, Many Parts.[SUP]*1 Corinthians 12
[/SUP]12As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ.[SUP]g[/SUP] 13For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit.[SUP]h[/SUP]
14Now the body is not a single part, but many. 15If a foot should say, “Because I am not a hand I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body. 16Or if an ear should say, “Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? 18But as it is, God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body. 21The eye cannot say to the hand, “I do not need you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I do not need you.” 22Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary, 23and those parts of the body that we consider less honorable we surround with greater honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater propriety, 24whereas our more presentable parts do not need this. But God has so constructed the body as to give greater honor to a part that is without it, 25so that there may be no division in the body, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another. 26If [one] part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy.