Who Is Your Favorite Muppet/Which Muppet is Most Like You and Why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Who is Your Favorite Muppet? Which Muppet is Most Like You and Why?

• Miss Piggy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scooter.

• Floyd.

• Janice.

• Rowlf the Dog.

• The Great Gonzo (and best chicken Camilla?)

• Total voters

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey everyone!!

Seeing promotional materiasl for the new Muppets Movie that will be arriving in the near future gave me a blast of nostalgia.

I've always loved most shows that had anything to do with Jim Henson's creations, but the Muppets have an especially warm, fuzzy place in my heart. The original Muppets Movie was the first I got to see in the BIG theater with a friend from school. Back then (my grade school days), it was a BIG deal because we did not have VCR's, DVD, Blu-Ray, Netflix, etc.--once a movie ran its run at the theater, it was GONE, and so my friend and I felt almost "grown up" while sitting in a REAL theater watching a current movie!

I myself have always been partial to good old Kermit, the Swedish Chef (such as the time he made "donuts" by using balls of dough... and a randomly-aimed shotgun--I'm all about handy gadgets in the kitchen!), Animal (who doesn't love Animal? He's me on a bad day, and almost any other as well), and Cookie Monster (a milder version of Animal... and who doesn't love cookies...) (I realize Cookie is not technically a Muppet, but he was still birthed by Jim Henson's imagination!) I would also say that in a nutshell, I could be described as a mix of these characters as well!

My LEAST favorite were any and all of the pigs-- Miss Piggy and, UGH, the Pigs in Space... Some of you may recall that I also happen to be in constant debate with another CC user over yet another pig-oriented character on another children's show... Perhaps I just don't like pigs as characters in ANY kind of children's entertainment, I'm not sure... (My apologize to all you porcine-lovers out there...) :D

So, just for fun, and just to bring out the kid in all of us for a minute... Who is YOUR favorite Muppet? And/or, which Muppet(s) are most like you and why? :)

(This is, by no means, an exhaustive list, of course. FEEL FREE to add YOUR favorites in your post.)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
P.S. I hope it's ok, but I decided to make this particular poll public (we can all see who you voted for)--just thought this would add to the fun! :) You might make a new friend over a common love of Muppets. ;)

A

AnandaHya

lol that is too cute i don't even remember the personalities of the characters will have to watch an episode and get back on which one I think i might be, lol

C

CatWoman

I remember watching the muppet show when I was in my teens and Aniamal would blow things up. I thought that was funny back then,I still do, but it is so politically incorect now. What happend to the good ol days when you could blow some thing up and not be called a teerrorist?

J

jimsun

"Honk, Honk", Seoul Search! Love the subject of your post incidentally (Just as I love Samsung's Fridges!).
S. Korea & it's people is one of those lands that has fascinated me ever since I went there & to Japan to follow Germany in the 2002 World football Cup!

Animal is my mega- Fave Muppet. It's those eyebrows as he maniacally thrashes that drumkit about!
Mind you I'd hate to get on his downside.
I remember distinctly the time he was run-down & depressed - The Doc prescribed a calm, no hassle, relaxing hobby to help him get over the stress, anxiety & upset he was suffering.
So what hobby did our hyper little furbag take up to help him relax?
Why alligator wrestling, naturally!!
I still picture all those poor little man- eating alligators fleeing Animal as he was after 'em, drumsticks in hand & yelling "aargghh - harrbeee; harrbeee!!!"
Priceless!
J.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Well, I THOUGHT I'd opted to make the answers to the poll public, but alas... I am guessing that Animal is going to win by a landslide. :D

Cat--you are so right... if my entertainment doesn't involve big guns, cool special effects, a cute and fuzzy critter and lots of explosions, I tend to get bored very quickly.

Jim--thanks for the memories!! :) I had forgotten that episode... am going to see if anyone's posted it on YouTube... Alligators are one of my favorite animals... so watching one of my favorite Muppets wrestle them? Priceless!! (Besides... after surviving some of the people I've had to deal with this week in work-related situations... I may try out for alligator-wrestling myself. At least the alligators have a valid excuse to be aggressive... :))

Aug 2, 2009
I remember watching the muppet show when I was in my teens and Aniamal would blow things up. I thought that was funny back then,I still do, but it is so politically incorect now. What happend to the good ol days when you could blow some thing up and not be called a teerrorist?
Haha I remember that too! Animal had one of those old school detonators that you had to push down with both arms. Now they just use a handheld button - weak!

Aug 2, 2009
I like to think that I am most like Kermit. Level-headed, awkward, articulate, and shy around the ladies.

Jul 25, 2005
Statler and Waldorff are my favorites and I identify with them the most. Sarcastic, somewhat cynical, taking on a role of observation and constantly riffing off of what everyone else is doing.

Gonzo is also somewhat appealing with his whimsical sense of humor.

U

Ugly

This is a fun thread. haha
I'm with Julianna, this is an easy one for me as well, Animal is my favorite. He was just wild, crazy hair, going nuts on those drums. Awesome.
Its been a long time since i've seen them as well, so i'm having a bit of trouble remembering all their traits and whatnot. But i think Fozzie is more like me. He's always cracking jokes.. and well.. friends know me to be that way as well, haha. Though on the flip side, the two old guys who made fun of everyone, i can relate to as well, haha. Sitting away from everyone else and talking trash, haha.. thats me at times. o.o

Aug 2, 2009
G

GreenNnice

Yeah, lizzytheone, you silly egg :) Kermit-the-Frog.jpg
Hillo down there, hh-h-h, how are you, Kermit The Frog here :D

J

jimmydiggs

Swedish Chef, the peanut gallery, and Kermit the Frog.

N

Nashah

Gonzo, hes absolutely nuts. perfect character for me to appreciate.

G

GreenNnice

lol, yes zero, i laughed a lot with that video, i found another too hilarious in which the spaguetti started to walk when the swedish chef was making the food :D The Muppet Show - Swedish Chef - Dangerous Spaghetti - YouTube i really love this chef lol

hahaha, that Kermit is very big and green....GreenNice
----
I didn't find that video of yours with Swedish Chef so surprising, lizzytheone....

That's how I make my donuts :D
----
Seriously, just kidding ya, young lady, mom taught sis and i to make donuts when kids. Like cookies and milk? Fugheddabout it! Homemade donuts and milks is TOPS .

I guess for you, lizzy, it's crustos and milk , or, churros : D