Who Justifieth the Ungodly

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Scripture is clear that the Lord Jesus Christ died for all mankind ... all descendants of Adam.

Scripture is clear that even though the Lord Jesus Christ died for all mankind, some resist the Holy Ghost as shown in Acts 7:51.

We also read in Romans 1 about those who suppress the truth in unrighteousness:

Romans 1:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold [Greek katechō] the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

In vs 18, the words "who hold" are translated from the Greek word katechō which means to suppress, restrain.

In vs 19, we see that God has revealed Himself to those who suppress the truth in unrighteousness.

In vs 20, we see that those who suppress the truth in unrighteousness are without excuse.
Again when Christ hasn't died for one , they unfortunately must die in their sins, unredeemed.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes: There is only one Lord Jesus Christ in which to believe.

With each post you submit in this thread, you become more and more foolish.
Again, you believe in a different jesus than I, My Jesus only died for and saved/justified Gods Elect !

Jan 31, 2021
Again when Christ hasn't died for one , they unfortunately must die in their sins, unredeemed.
That is NOT what Jesus told a crowd of unbelievers.

John 8:24 - 24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

Jesus was real clear. IF IF IF they DO believe that He is the Messiah they WON'T die in their sins.

iow, the ball is in their court. If they believe, they won't die in their sins.

However, if they don't believe, they will die in their sins.

Jan 31, 2021
Again, you believe in a different jesus than I, My Jesus only died for and saved/justified Gods Elect !
Well then, your jesus isn't God's Son, who said this to a crowd of Jews:

John 8:24 - 24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

If He wouldn't die for this crowd, He wouldn't have said what He said. He would have said, tough luck, I'm not going to die for your sins, so you WILL die in your sins.

Mar 23, 2016
Read Ephesians 1:1 to see to whom the letter was written:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus

The faithful in Christ Jesus have already believed
I know who Ephesians was written to, like all other scripture, to the saints, not the natural man. Now Redemption which equates to Justification is through the Blood of Christ. Thats why people become believers/living saints. Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Since you have finally acknowledged that it is the believer to whom Eph 1:7 refers, you are going to have to find another verse to support your claim that "sins are forgiven before a person believes".

Mar 23, 2016
Since you scared to answer
hah!!! I've answered your question twice now. You just don't like the answer I gave:

Post 2015

Just because you do not like the answer I gave, that does not mean I did not answer.
The verse clearly states Abraham believed God:
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God
When Abraham believed God, God imputed righteousness to Abraham.

Post 1928

:rolleyes: Abraham didn't believe an "IT".
Abraham believed a WHO and here's a hint:
Abraham believed God

brightfame52 said:
the it is the imputed righteousness of Christ. Only Christ is our righteousness made so by God 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption
:rolleyes: more of your misinterpretation of Scripture.

1 Cor 1:30 was written to the church at Corinth.

Please show me where God ever told Abraham But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.

brightfame52 said:
Faith isnt a persons righteousness
I never said it was ... that is just more of your same ole same ole misrepresentation of what I have told you.

brightfame52 said:
You place faith in your faith for righteousness, not Christ,
nope ... you saying I "place faith in [my] faith" is just one more of your lies (brightfame52 aka accuser of the brethren).

Mar 23, 2016
Again Christ doesnt knock on nobody's heart, this isn't cartoons.
:rolleyes: Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

From Meyer's NT Commentary:

The door before which the Lord stands, and asks entrance by his knock (ΚΡΟΎΩ) and call (cf. ἈΚ. Τ. ΦΩΝῆς ΜΟΥ), is ordinarily understood as the door of the heart[1622]

brightfame52 said:
hearts of men resist the truth
God knocks ... for those who do not "resist the truth" and open the door, the Lord Jesus Christ will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me (Rev 3:20).

Those who do "resist the truth" will find no place at the table :cry:

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

oh brother!!! You seriously believe the words "He took on Him the seed of Abraham" means the Lord Jesus Christ "died only for the elect"???
Yes along with Vs 17 to make reconciliation for the sins of the people

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people

The writer uses the definite article for the sins and the people, the work of reconciliation /propitiation was for the definite sins of a definite people.

That People, Gods Elect, the Seed of Abraham

Mar 23, 2016
Scripture is clear that the Lord Jesus Christ died for the whole world ... all mankind ... all descendants of Adam.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

If a person dies in their sins in unbelief, it means they suppressed/restrained the truth in unrighteousness ... just as God tells us in Romans 1:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold [Greek katechō = suppress, restrain] the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewded

nope. I believe Scripture just as it is written by the Author.
No you dont, you see it as carnal reason wants it to be, you promote Justification/Salvation by works friend. Thats not scriptural, and you teach that sinners Christ died for, will some day be joing the devil in hell for their sins. Thats giving the devil the victory over Christs death.

Mar 23, 2016
There is only one Lord Jesus Christ in which to believe.

With each post you submit in this thread, you become more and more foolish.
Again, you believe in a different jesus than I
2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

brightfame52 said:
My Jesus only died for and saved/justified Gods Elect !
Just because some reject the Lord Jesus Christ, that does not mean the Lord Jesus Christ did not die for him/her.

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die ...

So sad that some will not turn :cry:

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renew

I believe God when He tells me the Lord Jesus Christ is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. I believe God when He tells me He reveals Himself to all mankind and yet some suppress the truth ... in suppressing the truth, they reject God.
No you dont believe God in regard to 1 Jn 2:2, you deny it. How can Justified people go to hell for their sins ? You dont even understand 1 Jn 2:2, and would be wise for you to let it alone friend.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

You, on the other hand, must manipulate Scripture in order to conclude that "the whole world" means "world of the elect".
Thats exactly what the whole world means in 1 Jn 2:2 The Elect World whose sins have been put away by the sacrifice of Christ, and they are Justified !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

nope ... the Lord Jesus Christ died for the sins of all mankind ... all descendants of Adam ... the whole world:
Oh yes it does. Sinners Christ died for cant die in their sins, Christ has paid their sin debt in full, they are Justified. So if people die in their sins, aint no way Christ died for them as well ! You saying Christs death was worthless.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

If a person dies in their sins in unbelief, it means they suppressed/restrained the truth in unrighteousness ... just as God tells us in Romans 1:
Those Christ died for, His death put away their unbelief and all their unrighteousness. Heb 8:12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Rom 1 there isnt talking about the Elect, but the reprobate. They must give in account for their unrighteousness described in Rom 1

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

newsflash, brightfame52, God has not hid the gospel. God has revealed the gospel from Genesis to Revelation.
News flash, the Gospel is hid to the Lost 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

newsflash, brightfame52, God has not hid the gospel. God has revealed the gospel from Genesis to Revelation.

satan does not work for God in his work to keep the gospel hid.
Yes satan does work for God in blinding men. God is the one who first imprisons men in unbelief/disobedience Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

That word concluded means:

so to deliver one up to the power of a person or thing that he is completely shut in, as it were, without means of escape

I can see you dont know the first thing about the True God friend, but your idol !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
renewed

The gospel is revealed in all of Scripture. The gospel is not hidden. Even satan knows the gospel and, according to 2 Cor 4:4, it is satan who blinds the minds of those who do not believe the gospel ... which means it is not God Who hides the gospel.

The mystery was hidden in God until God revealed the mystery to Paul. satan did not know the mystery and had satan known the mystery he would not have crucified the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Gospel is hid to the Lost, they can read scripture all day from gen -rev, 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
:rolleyes: let's start from the beginning ... again

Read the verse as written, brightfame52.

The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to all who believe.

The righteousness of God is revealed in the gospel of Christ.

From faith to faith – the verse reveals that the born again one is made righteous through faith alone ... not from works to faith or from faith to works ... from faith to faith. the life of the born again one is to be lived by faith alone.

Matthew Henry Commentary ... "It is not from faith to works, as if faith put us into a justified state, and then works preserved and maintained us in it, but it is all along from faith to faith".
The Gospel must be revealed, its not something embraced naturally. The Natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God, cant spiritually understand them. Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[Gospel of Christ] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Gospel and truths it contains is revealed to Faith, which is the fruit of the Spirit, not the natural man.

The Gospel message must be revealed by the Spirit that was given to us in new birth 1 Cor 2:10-12

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

We must have received the Spirit in order to know the things freely given us by way of the Good News of the Gospel.

The Gospel, when it comes to Salvation, isnt for the lost natural man except for his hardening and increased condemnation.