J
J-Kay-2
Guest
1John 4
[SUP]9 [/SUP]In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. [SUP]10 [/SUP]In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
Growing up I didn't know God was a God of Love. I thought He was
a God to be obeyed. It seemed I was always scared of punishment.
No one told me why He wanted obedience. I wasn't told it was because
He knew 'sin' would have a consequence. I didn't know then it was His
love for me tugging at my heart. It seemed I did a lot of sinning in
my short years before I finally found out He is a God of Love. I didn't
have to earn His love.
So the difference I felt him tugging, but I did not love Him. How
could I love a God I did not know ? Jesus ? Wasn't He just a baby
in a manger scene ? My friends and I spoke of God, but we never
really spoke of Jesus as Savior. How did I learn about Jesus, Gods
only Son who came to Earth as a Baby born of a Virgin to live a sinless
life and take my sins upon Himself?
I tried so many times to be a "Christian"....It just did not work. I
tried going to Church. I asked a Christian woman how can I be saved?
She went to Church but could not answer me. I went to her Church one
evening unsaved and left unsaved. It was about 3 years later I was
in a new neighborhood and a new neighbor lady asked me to attend Church.
No thank you. I was not ready. I sent my children with another
neighbor and slept in. Felt guilty too.
Back to how did I learn Jesus was more than a Baby in the Manger ?
I finally had come to the end of myself and got on my knees and prayed
and cried and totally surrendered my life to God. I told my neighbor
lady who had been asking me to attend Church, " I am ready." Oh,
how nervous I was. By this time I was really saved. I had to learn
about God and who He really was. Jesus, grew up to be a man who
had 12 disciples. I was asked to help teach 2nd grade class and I learned
with my little second graders. It was awesome. I later went on to teach
teens, and was growing more and more in love with a God who had been
patient with me, who loved me first, and Jesus was my ultimate love of
life. He gave me a new life, made me a new Creation. I love Him because
He first loved me.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. [SUP]10 [/SUP]In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
Growing up I didn't know God was a God of Love. I thought He was
a God to be obeyed. It seemed I was always scared of punishment.
No one told me why He wanted obedience. I wasn't told it was because
He knew 'sin' would have a consequence. I didn't know then it was His
love for me tugging at my heart. It seemed I did a lot of sinning in
my short years before I finally found out He is a God of Love. I didn't
have to earn His love.
So the difference I felt him tugging, but I did not love Him. How
could I love a God I did not know ? Jesus ? Wasn't He just a baby
in a manger scene ? My friends and I spoke of God, but we never
really spoke of Jesus as Savior. How did I learn about Jesus, Gods
only Son who came to Earth as a Baby born of a Virgin to live a sinless
life and take my sins upon Himself?
I tried so many times to be a "Christian"....It just did not work. I
tried going to Church. I asked a Christian woman how can I be saved?
She went to Church but could not answer me. I went to her Church one
evening unsaved and left unsaved. It was about 3 years later I was
in a new neighborhood and a new neighbor lady asked me to attend Church.
No thank you. I was not ready. I sent my children with another
neighbor and slept in. Felt guilty too.
Back to how did I learn Jesus was more than a Baby in the Manger ?
I finally had come to the end of myself and got on my knees and prayed
and cried and totally surrendered my life to God. I told my neighbor
lady who had been asking me to attend Church, " I am ready." Oh,
how nervous I was. By this time I was really saved. I had to learn
about God and who He really was. Jesus, grew up to be a man who
had 12 disciples. I was asked to help teach 2nd grade class and I learned
with my little second graders. It was awesome. I later went on to teach
teens, and was growing more and more in love with a God who had been
patient with me, who loved me first, and Jesus was my ultimate love of
life. He gave me a new life, made me a new Creation. I love Him because
He first loved me.