Who we are in Christ

  • Thread starter Thread starter Miri
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Guest
Taken from "Victory over the Darkness"


To live the victorious Christian life you have to believe what is already true about you.
Will you have opposition to believing this truth? Of course! The father of lies
(see John 8:44) has deceived the whole world (see Rev. 12:9), and he accuses the brethren day and night (see 12:10).

If that isn’t enough, others will put you down. We have to keep reminding ourselves
of these positional truths.


Who Am I?

I am the salt of the earth (Matt. 5:13).
I am the light of the world (Matt. 5:14).
I am a child of God (John 1:12).
I am part of the true vine, a channel of Christ’s life (John 15:1,5).
I am Christ’s friend (John 15:15).
I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit (John 15:16).
I am a slave of righteousness (Rom. 6:18).
I am enslaved to God (Rom. 6:22).
I am a son of God; God is spiritually my Father (Rom. 8:14,15;
Gal. 3:26; 4:6).

I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance with Him (Rom. 8:17).
I am a temple—a dwelling place—of God. His Spirit and His life dwell in me
(1 Cor. 3:16; 6:19).

I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him (1 Cor. 6:17).
I am a member of Christ’s Body (1 Cor. 12:27; Eph. 5:30).
I am a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17).
I am reconciled to God and am a minister of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18,19).
I am a son of God and one in Christ (Gal. 3:26,28).
I am an heir of God since I am a son of God (Gal. 4:6,7).
I am a saint (1 Cor. 1:2; Eph. 1:1; Phil. 1:1; Col. 1:2).
I am God’s workmanship—His handiwork—born anew in Christ to do His work
(Eph. 2:10).

I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God’s family (Eph. 2:19).
I am a prisoner of Christ (Eph. 3:1; 4:1).
I am righteous and holy (Eph. 4:24).
I am a citizen of heaven, seated in heaven right now (Eph. 2:6; Phil. 3:20).
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3).
I am an expression of the life of Christ because He is my life (Col. 3:4).
I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved (Col. 3:12; 1 Thess. 1:4).
I am a son of light and not of darkness (1 Thess. 5:5).
I am a holy partaker of a heavenly calling (Heb. 3:1).
I am a partaker of Christ; I share in His life (Heb. 3:14).
I am one of God’s living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual
house (1 Pet. 2:5).

I am a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a
people for God’s own possession (1 Pet. 2:9,10).
I am an alien and stranger to this world in which I temporarily live
(1 Pet. 2:11).

I am an enemy of the devil (1 Pet. 5:8).
I am a child of God and I will resemble Christ when He returns
(1 John 3:1,2).

I am born of God, and the evil one—the devil—cannot touch me
(1 John 5:18).


I am not the great “I am” (Exod. 3:14; John 8:24,28,58), but by the grace of God, I am what I am (1 Cor. 15:10).



Pick out a couple of these which are speaking to you most right now, pray
about them and meditate on them. It will do you far more good than all
the worldly self help books out there. :)