Who/What is your fav Christian Metal / Industrial band or album???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zaoman32

Please recommend some better Christian metal bands?? What are your favorites???
you're in a thread with 60 pages packed full of Christian metal, and you're asking for suggestions. I just want you to understand that. Thankfully I'm nice enough to give you a starting point.

1. Living Sacrifice (that's old living sacrifice mind you, Self-titled, Non Existant, and Inhabit)
2. A Hill to Die Upon
3. Mortification
4. Theocracy
5. Sleeping Giant

this will give you a good variety to start with. The first is thrash/old skool death, the next is blackened death, the third is death, fourth is power metal (a la iron maiden) and the last is hardcore. Good hardcore mind you.

jrccomputer

Sep 25, 2013
you're in a thread with 60 pages packed full of Christian metal, and you're asking for suggestions. I just want you to understand that. Thankfully I'm nice enough to give you a starting point.

1. Living Sacrifice (that's old living sacrifice mind you, Self-titled, Non Existant, and Inhabit)
2. A Hill to Die Upon
3. Mortification
4. Theocracy
5. Sleeping Giant

this will give you a good variety to start with. The first is thrash/old skool death, the next is blackened death, the third is death, fourth is power metal (a la iron maiden) and the last is hardcore. Good hardcore mind you.
I know man!!! :(

Thanks for the list. I like 4 and 5!!! :)

Z

zaoman32

[video=youtube;3-dumde3FWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-dumde3FWQ[/video]

jrccomputer

Sep 25, 2013
I love: love and death, and For today.

I hope love and death is not dead since head joined Korn again. :(

jrccomputer

Sep 25, 2013
[video=youtube;kEJd02jxvzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJd02jxvzQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Deuteronomium is pretty good too =]

[video=youtube_share;jalmvVvHJr4]http://youtu.be/jalmvVvHJr4[/video]

lyrics:

Holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts
Holy, holy is Jehovah Sabaoth

For behold, He Who forms the mountains
For behold, He who creates the wind.
For Behold, He Who makes dawn into darkness
The Lord of Sabaoth is His name

You are worthy, our Lord, the Holy One,
To receive glory, honor, and power,
Holy, holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,
Who was, and is, and is to come.

Jehovah Sabaoth

jrccomputer

Sep 25, 2013
[video=youtube;mdgGZFFEp1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdgGZFFEp1w&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Z

zaoman32

August Burns Red is probably one of the more overrated bands in an already overrated genre. They've never been appealing to me, especially since I heard about some of their lyrical content on their most recent album.

Just fair warning, keep posting metalcore bands, and Ugly will find you ;)

Z

zaoman32

lyrics:

Jehovah Sabaoth
dude, old school...niiiiiice

U

Ugly

lyrics:

Jehovah Sabaoth
This needs to be posted in the 'The Devil Has Entered The Church' thread, lyrics and all. hahaha

T

Tintin

Head rejoined 'that band'? Since when?

T

Tintin

Weird. I thought he just formed a new band. I wonder why he chose to rejoin Korn. Maybe to be a light in the darkness.

jrccomputer

Sep 25, 2013
I just hope with him in "that band" he still continues love and death. That band really spoke to me when I needed it.

T

Tintin

Love and Death, that's the one! It had only been around for a year or two, yes?

Z

zaoman32

Weird. I thought he just formed a new band. I wonder why he chose to rejoin Korn. Maybe to be a light in the darkness.
Head rejoined with KoRn for a couple festivals last summer to play a few songs. As he said in Revolver, now that everyone in the band was clean from addiction it was actually fun to play with them again. The way I see it, you have him and Fieldy who have both proclaimed their beliefs and wrote books about them, I think they'll definitely be introducing some light in the darkness. I'm still convinced God has a price out for Jonathon Davis's head. (pun not intended)

Z

zaoman32

Sorry....did mean anything by it!!
Love and Death has been brought up relentlessly on every single thread related to rock or metal on this website. It's getting very tiring, and Ugly and I have both stated repeatedly, we are not fans. The band is extremely disappointing to me. Head started off with an extremely raw and emotional self-titled album, and went to Love and Death which is completely unoriginal radio rock. If you want good christian radio rock listen to Decyfer Down or Decemberadio.