Who/What is your fav Christian Metal / Industrial band or album???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DJM

That was awesome, I'm going to learn how to play that.

Jun 10, 2015
I listen to all things thrash... And yeah... I personally am a believer in Christ, but the music I listen to doesn't seem to really like him. lol. With the exception of Creed. I LOVE Creed. They're obviously hard rock/post grunge... But I love em. I also like a thrash metal band called Heathen... and if you can get past the name... their newest release Evolution of Chaos is an OUTSTANDING album... and it doesn't have any vulgarities or anti-Christian themes in it. The guitar playing is absolutely insane and people should check it out because it's just... a Metal masterpiece. If you look back to their 80s works I think you get a little more of the anti-religious side of them but to me Evolution of Chaos is the only one worth having because of the production and superior musicianship.

U

Ugly

I listen to all things thrash... And yeah... I personally am a believer in Christ, but the music I listen to doesn't seem to really like him. lol. With the exception of Creed. I LOVE Creed. They're obviously hard rock/post grunge... But I love em. I also like a thrash metal band called Heathen... and if you can get past the name... their newest release Evolution of Chaos is an OUTSTANDING album... and it doesn't have any vulgarities or anti-Christian themes in it. The guitar playing is absolutely insane and people should check it out because it's just... a Metal masterpiece. If you look back to their 80s works I think you get a little more of the anti-religious side of them but to me Evolution of Chaos is the only one worth having because of the production and superior musicianship.
I'm aware of the band. There are some here that listen to secular stuff, but mostly this thread is about Christian metal and whatnot.

scg

Nov 25, 2011
Barren Cross. Great Band from the late 80's.

Jun 10, 2015
Yeah idk... I don't really dig too many "Christian metal" bands. I know of tourniquet and believer, But I don't really think they're that great (songwriting wise). I just thought I would throw Heathen's evolution of chaos out there to anyone who might be a die hard thrasher like myself wanting to find some music that isn't all anti-Christian. But I guess if one were to say keep it STRICTLY Christian, Creed would be the only "Christian band" I like. I don't really listen to worship music... it seems... disingenuous to me. *Shrug* Then of course you have the Christian metal"core" scene... and I REALLY don't like the sound of "Metalcore" if it's Christian or it isn't. But if people are interested I think bands like demon hunter and august burns red are Christian. I'd encourage people to google "Christian metalcore" if they like that sound. There's a lot of them out there. But to me it's all a gimmick.

Jun 10, 2015
On a DIFFERENT tone though... The song "Lead me to the Cross" By Francesca Battistelli is one of the most BEAUTIFUL, inspirational and AMAZING songs in Christian music IMO. Most definitely not hard rock/industrial or metal... But it moves me to tears every time I hear it. It's a cover song, but I'm not sure who the original artist is. If you guys don't know it and you love inspirational Christian music, you've gotta hear that tune. Just thought i'd share :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
dude.
so, this band of Christians from Russia . .

[video=youtube;uXO2yTJviB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXO2yTJviB0[/video]

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, that the cross of Christ should not be made void. For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law, but under grace. Therefore I will give praise to thee among the gentiles and I will sing to Thy name. Repent. Satan will crushed, there is hope, there is faith, there is still time.
They took Jesus, and He went out, bearing His own cross, to the place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha. There they crucified Him, and with Him two other men, one on either side, and Jesus in between.

U

Ugly

Seems the environment in areas like Finland and around there lends itself to metal and inspiring man musicians. Creating heavy and brutal music. Surprised more quality stuff doesn't come from Russia. Look at a band like Drottnar that uses a visual Russian military theme and how well it goes with the style and sound. I'd expect more from Russia than we have.

[video=youtube;5uqVJ4bRTFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uqVJ4bRTFo[/video]

P

Practice-English

I admit that,
I can't keep it inside of myself...
I'll give my opinion seriously about this topic!
I don't listen any metal music etc..
Even if it's Christian, from my part...
I don't appreciate the sound to my ears!
It's too HEAVY, and it's not calm at all!

Proverbs 1,10.jpg

U

Ugly

I admit that,
I can't keep it inside of myself...
I'll give my opinion seriously about this topic!
I don't listen any metal music etc..
Even if it's Christian, from my part...
I don't appreciate the sound to my ears!
It's too HEAVY, and it's not calm at all!

View attachment 122066
Thanks for the irrelevant comment.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
OK,
but I'm allowed to participate by giving my opinion,
I think that It's not criminal to do it!
not at all.

let me just comment that a sound that is "not calm at all" does not mean it is "sinful"
so i think that verse from proverbs doesn't apply to this conversation.

for example:

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music
(Psalm 98:4)

shouting for joy, "bursting" into jubilant music = not calm at all :)
so forgive these musicians if they are not "lukewarm" about their emotions.
you don't have to like it, but if some do, i hope you don't judge them for it.

P

Practice-English

not at all.

let me just comment that a sound that is "not calm at all" does not mean it is "sinful"
so i think that verse from proverbs doesn't apply to this conversation.

for example:

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music
(Psalm 98:4)

shouting for joy, "bursting" into jubilant music = not calm at all :)
so forgive these musicians if they are not "lukewarm" about their emotions.
you don't have to like it, but if some do, i hope you don't judge them for it.

Anyway,
I'll leave this Thread too,
I'll be concentrated on others topics!
Yes, I'll take care of myself to think about my words before writing...

U

Ugly

OK,
but I'm allowed to participate by giving my opinion,
I think that It's not criminal to do it!
If the topic of the thread were to share your opinions on the music then sure, you'd have a valid response. But that's not the topic. The topic is for people who Do like the music to come in and discuss and share it with others.

P

Practice-English

If the topic of the thread were to share your opinions on the music then sure, you'd have a valid response. But that's not the topic. The topic is for people who Do like the music to come in and discuss and share it with others.
Yeah, I've seen it since you first comment!
That's the reason I'll leave it too!
Fine...

E

EdisonTrent

a slight metal type song I like this band sounds good
[video=youtube;0wwI8L3Ueko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wwI8L3Ueko[/video]