Who/What is your fav Christian Metal / Industrial band or album???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
[video=youtube_share;l6NG7bl89b4]http://youtu.be/l6NG7bl89b4[/video]New impending doom, some parts of this song I love and others I don't, so torn.

U

Ugly

A little disappointing. After their last release I thought they'd head in a less trendy, more metal direction. They've strayed away from DC still, but seem to have gone full on djent. A style I only like in small doses.
At least that's what I'm heating on my phone in a noisy room. I'll have to try it again later on my laptop.

So... Underoath claiming to no longer be a Christian band and one member blaming the Christian label for nearly killing him through drug addiction. Not sure how that happens.
Your Chance To Die denying that they ever were a Christian band and that the label was "just put on them".

Last night I heard a podcast with the original Strongarm vocalist. Seems after he left the band they got Really bitter towards him. They refused to even talk to him. When he was asked to do vocals for a tribute show the old band told him he wasn't allowed to do anything with the Strongarm name and went out and bought the StrongarmTribute.com domain and trashed him to prevent him from doing it.
That's pretty messed up.

Bunch of new stuff out or announced but no one comes here anymore so I don't bother.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I remember seeing Stryper in a park concert when I lived on Albuquerque in the 80s.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
[video=youtube;0BIckeoe6BU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BIckeoe6BU[/video]

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017
[video=youtube;m7v8N8opGpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7v8N8opGpc[/video]

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
Your Chance to Die sounds familiar. I think I've had some of their songs from Christian Indie and Christian Metal compilations.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Been wanting to ask this, but what are some of the better christian metal bands out there? I cannot listen to anything too heavy nowadays. Cannot handle it no more.

I cannot stand that metal style with those growls, it really annoys me, but to each their own.

So what are some of the christian metal rock type bands that are decent nowadays. Maybe more on the lighter side. Any suggestions?

I myself have reached the point where I have started to question some of the stuff in my existing collection, this is after years of being a metal addict.

U

Ugly

I'm guessing you mean more along the lines of radio rock? Your descriptions of "metal", "metal rock" and "lighter side" stoke me as confusing and vague. Whichever it is I'm not much into radio rock or light rock. So I can't suggest much. And this forum is very slow nowadays. So you may be waiting a while to see anyone else. Perhaps try searching YouTube for what you're looking for, see what pops up.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Then again, what I may consider lighter music maybe heavy for others, and in saying that, at the same time not heavy enough for others. We all have our musical tastes and styles.

I cannot enjoy listening to much music as I used as some frequencies just don't hear as used to.

It is really hard to find decent music nowadays.

But what gets me is I see now in music cds what is being done in dvds/blu ray. The standard edition is released, and the next year or 2, the newer edition is released with extra tracks that could of been released in the first place. Talk about making people double purchasing something. Really cannot stand that tactic.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Been wanting to ask this, but what are some of the better christian metal bands out there? I cannot listen to anything too heavy nowadays. Cannot handle it no more.

I cannot stand that metal style with those growls, it really annoys me, but to each their own.

So what are some of the christian metal rock type bands that are decent nowadays. Maybe more on the lighter side. Any suggestions?

I myself have reached the point where I have started to question some of the stuff in my existing collection, this is after years of being a metal addict.
IMO you need to listen to Wovenhand.

everyone who enjoys Christian rock - especially those who like more eclectic stuff, not radio pop, and especially those feeling like they're having a hard time finding anything really standing out in quality & originality - ought to hear Wovenhand.

not metal by any stretch, but big discography with relatively wide range from folk/blues to hard rock. here's something recent more to their heavy side:

[video=youtube;wYKyhDw4mvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYKyhDw4mvM[/video]

fantastic live. still pretty much 'underground' so if you are able to catch a show, it's likely to be in a dimly lit, smoky bar or nightclub with about 100 people, half of them unbelievers ((though paying attention to the lyrics, they are obviously soaked in scripture)) with a secular band or two as opening acts.

Last edited:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

most of the Christian metal i listen to is densely heavy, black and spikey, with a lot of shrieking. guessing you don't want to hear about that ;)

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
most of the Christian metal i listen to is densely heavy, black and spikey, with a lot of shrieking. guessing you don't want to hear about that ;)
The only one I ever heard was Stryper, and that was in the 80s, so I don't know if they're still around.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017

everyone who enjoys Christian rock - especially those who like more eclectic stuff, not radio pop, and especially those feeling like they're having a hard time finding anything really standing out in quality & originality - ought to hear Wovenhand.

I just check out the demo sound tracks on Amazon, this album is quite good. Musical style and is what I often listened to.

Thanks for the suggestion.

U

Ugly

The only one I ever heard was Stryper, and that was in the 80s, so I don't know if they're still around.
The oldest Christian rock dates back to the 50s. In the 60s a few more started. In the 70s there was a noticeable increase. In the 80s an explosion. It's been growing ever since.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA

not metal by any stretch, but big discography with relatively wide range from folk/blues to hard rock. here's something recent more to their heavy side:

fantastic live.
Unique. I am not a musician, but I would love to sit down with the composer.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
from last month, by fire

[video=youtube;mYAFlYk0vsM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYAFlYk0vsM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Finally something I find fairly decent amongst this industry of junk

[video=youtube;Bvf9K8VBAEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvf9K8VBAEA[/video]