Who/What is your fav Christian Metal / Industrial band or album???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

iTOREtheSKY

I am new to the site,so bear with me if there is already a thread on this. I am a huge collector/lover of music with well over 2,000 cd's in my collection. I have noticed over the years there are not as many awesome Christian metal bands coming onto the scene anymore,and as far as Industrial/Electro,forget it. I was just curious as to what everyone's fav's in the genres were. Any special memories from any of the bands or albums? (Can be rock-thrash groups too) Heard anything good lately? If so plz share!
Some of my all-time fav bands in the Christian genre:
Saviour Machine
Deliverance
Believer
Tourniquet
Haven
Sacred Warrior
Global Wave System
Mortal
Circle Of Dust
Mad At The World
Red
Living Sacrifice
Recon
Soul Embraced
(in no particular order)
I have a bunch of artists too,where they made an album I might like,but I'm not actually a huge fan of the band or follow them.
BTW,if you haven't heard the new Tourniquet cd "Antiseptic Bloodbath" you are missing out. By far one of their best releases in a long time!!!

K

kenisyes

Just under this box where I am answering you, is always a list of topically related threads. I have defended Christian metal many times. My favorite is still the Saviour Machine 4 CD interpretation of Revelation. You might be the person to set the record straight on this topic.

U

Ugly

Actually, the '4 CD' set on Revelation, named Legend, never made it to the 4th CD. Eric Clayton, the head of SM is a perfectionist and ended up having a break down, and stress related illnesses trying to complete the final CD. Its been something like 10 years and he still has made no mention of finishing. He went many years not even doing music. The past few years he's done a few live performances, i think most, or all, acoustic and smaller settings in Europe.

Tore - haha, that list really shows your age, most of that stuff is from our teens.
Sacred Warrior is making a new CD. They have a song released on Youtube that is awesome. Catch is, the singer quit partway through the recording process (Rey Perra), but they managed to replace him with another equally good singer.

Deliverance is making a new thrash CD, i think he has old band mates back together from the old school Deliverance. And has Jason Sherlock (mortification/paramaecium/horde) on drums for the album. I haven't supported Deliverance in a long time as Jimmy Brown is a self professed "gambler, drinker, foul mouthed Kabbalist'. (Hence album titles like 'As Above So Below').

And of course Soul Embraced is working on a new CD as well.

Haven't cared for the newer Believer stuff, seems they have backed off their faith and the lyrics are pretty pointless.

Got Antiseptic Bloodbath, had some good stuff on it, but didn't really capture me, i've listened a few times, but rarely play it.

Can't believe anyone else knows GlobalWaveSystem, haha. Life Equals Death was an awesome, way underrated CD.

Speaking of Industrial i stumbled on Aleixa's Honeylake the other day, that was a good album. Though i now notice how poppy the female voice was, which was kind of annoying.

Also stumbled on Generation, which is still awesome.

Overcome just put a new CD out a few days ago. It was brutally good.

Yeah, we don't see a lot of good new metal releases, mostly because people only play metalcore anymore. Real metal is not 'in fashion' so its hard to sell and fund. I remember about 2 years ago seeing a Christian metal label start putting out metalcore, i wrote and complained and he said that metal was mostly one man projects, that didn't tour, and were unreliable and he wasn't making enough money to maintain the label, so he had to start pushing metalcore just to keep going, because the metalcore guys are full bands looking to tour and be active and push their music. So we're kind of stuck.

Also, good chance this thread will be hijacked by some self righteous hater who's going to preach fire and brimstone at you for liking metal. Quoting out of context scripture, twisted to suit his opinion, despite the fact that, in reality, he can't apply his misuses of scripture to music.

Z

zaoman32

I'm in love with Theocracy and Extol right now. I also like Antestor, who's new CD is off the chain. There's a smaller band called I Built the Cross that is just plain awesome. Still Suffering by kLaNk is my favorite industrial album. I can't pick a favorite christian metal album, pretty much anything from the 90's, and Theocracy.

Z

zaoman32

Just thought of more! Narnia, Training for Utopia, Warlord, Unashamed. Becoming the Archetype's first three CD's were good.

I still have never heard believer or Deliverance. I do plan on getting weapons of our warfare soon though!

U

Ugly

I preferred Deliverance s/t over Weapons, but that's all personal opinion. Old Believer was awesome, the new stuff doesn't thrill me though.

S/T Deliverance
[video=youtube;yyu-g8YxSQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyu-g8YxSQQ[/video]

U

Ugly

First Believer CD

[video=youtube;EAi7X9ZL8cU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAi7X9ZL8cU[/video]

U

Ugly

New Sacred Warrior

[video=youtube;FcCQCIs5Tdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcCQCIs5Tdw[/video]

U

Ugly

I'm in love with Theocracy and Extol right now. I also like Antestor, who's new CD is off the chain. There's a smaller band called I Built the Cross that is just plain awesome. Still Suffering by kLaNk is my favorite industrial album. I can't pick a favorite christian metal album, pretty much anything from the 90's, and Theocracy.
I go on this music message board, and i think its the singer of Theocracy is on their all the time. A number of band guys use it, Tourniquet, Ultimatum, Deliverance, Theocracy, Jayson Sherlock, and more. Neener neener =P heh

Z

zaoman32

I go on this music message board, and i think its the singer of Theocracy is on their all the time. A number of band guys use it, Tourniquet, Ultimatum, Deliverance, Theocracy, Jayson Sherlock, and more. Neener neener =P heh
yeah well...uhm...I talked to Mortifications old drummer on a chat room once. And Spokens original bassist. And the lead singer of Becoming the Archetype caught me talking crap about them before I heard them on a message board.

P.S. If it is indeed the lead singer of Theocracy, be sure to tell him, I love him.

U

Ugly

Oh yeah? Well, uhh... i ran into the old drummer for OC Supertones/Unashamed a few times... and and and i rang up the guys from Project 86 at Walmart once. I talked to Klank a few times in chat years ago. And i saw Strongarm 8 times. Uhh... yeah... :rolleyes:

Z

zaoman32

Oh yeah? Well, uhh... i ran into the old drummer for OC Supertones/Unashamed a few times... and and and i rang up the guys from Project 86 at Walmart once. I talked to Klank a few times in chat years ago. And i saw Strongarm 8 times. Uhh... yeah... :rolleyes:
Words cannot describe how I feel, reading this last line :mad:

U

Ugly

Haha, what can i say, they lived probably less than an hour from me, so they played a lot of local gigs.

I saw them a few times with their original vocalist, from the first CD, the rest were with the newer guy. But a year after the first guy quit, he did a cameo on one of the songs. He hadn't screamed once in a year, and he still blew away the current screamer. That first guy was one of the most brutal screamers, up there with Phil Anselmo, if you ask me.

Actually, come to think of it, i saw them 2 or 3 times before they were Strongarm. They were a punk band called Icthus. I remember one song by them, Cup of Lazy, haha. They were kind of silly back then, but when they rolled into Strongarm, left the silliness behind.

By the way, one of my all time favorite shows.... Focused, Unashamed and Strongarm at a bar in FL. I think it was Focused's bassist who broke a string early in the set, and had all these complications replacing it, so they just preached for about 45 minutes while they waited for the string to be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zaoman32

Robb Flynn and Bruce Fitzhugh are by far my favorite two

Strongarm needs to take notes from Extol and Overcome and make a comeback.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I had no idea that Red was considered metal. I thought it was more alternative/rock. Oh well! I love Red! I almost saw them in concert once, back when they were new, but we didn't get to the place in time to see them as the pre-show. Totally kicking myself for that now! I'd love to see them live.

Looks like I have some new bands I need to check out! :D

Z

zaoman32

If you like Red you need to check out Massivivid. They're old, but soooooooo awesome.

U

Ugly

Red isn't considered metal.

Well, the guys in Strongarm went on to form Shai Hulud, though not sure where they're all at now. Last i knew the original vocalist quit the band to become a pastor. I think the direction some of them headed was questionable.

Did you hear the new Overcome yet? Oh man, killer stuff.

I

iTOREtheSKY

I spoke with a rep from Saviour Machine a few months back because I had seen copies of Legend part III:II circulating on ebay & thought..wth??? I never knew about this,I thought it never was finished & got scraped. Well,apparently it never did get finished & that is a stolen bootleg making it's way around & nothing official ever released by SM. So sad about Clayton...I had a feeling things were gonna implode sooner or later with that band,one way or another. They've had a rough ride. I heard about Deliverance getting back together as well. I guess Jimmy's Jupiter VI project was kinda a bust. It was meh..ok I guess,for what it was. I still say Global Wave System by far was/is the best Christian industrial ever. Lyrics alone...and to boot he sounds like Ohgr from Skinny Puppy. Always underrated! Still looking for a copy of the song SMOG by them. I used to have it on a compliation cd back in the day. I still have the original version of "Commitment" on cassette...that's back how I discovered them & Deitiphobia for that matter. I used to correspond via snail mail with Stackhouse for a while. Nice guy! I am used to ppl attacking me or mocking me for liking Christian Metal. I could care less what ppl think...don't like it,don't listen to it. That simple. Believer has always been musically awesome. The riffs remind me of Destruction (German thrash band). I enjoyed Gabriel & Transhuman is finally growing on me. Much different that the old-school stuff for sure. I like a few cd's by Project 86..Sinai Beach...P.O.D. Demon Hunter isn't bad either. Red (at least their 1st cd reminds me of Linkin Park) I guess Red isn't really metal ,more hard rock??? Dunno. And as far as many of these "Christian" artists go...seems they all pull a flake-out at least once in their careers. I used to be so critical & judgmental of some of these bands,but it get's exhausting lol. I saw Klank mentioned...I still have the 1st cd. Never botherd with the other ones. Liked the 1st Argyle Park cd "Misguided". I thought it was cool how it was kinda a super group of alias names working together. Speaking alias names...what do you guys think (or not think of) Celldweller...aka Circle Of Dust aka Brainchild,aka Scott Albert aka Klayton Scott,aka Klayton aka dred...lol I still follow him..still love his tunes. Although he's become a tad wore is me like a Trent Reznor now. I think it's cool when he tosses in samples & hooks from his C.O.D & Argyle Park days into his new stuff. I think the dudes like my age but his fan base now is prob 17 yr old girls. lol

Z

zaoman32

Red isn't considered metal.

Well, the guys in Strongarm went on to form Shai Hulud, though not sure where they're all at now. Last i knew the original vocalist quit the band to become a pastor. I think the direction some of them headed was questionable.

Did you hear the new Overcome yet? Oh man, killer stuff.
I was never a huge overcome fan so I haven't listened to it. I knew strongarm was further seems forever, I didn't realize they did shai hulud as well.

Z

zaoman32

I spoke with a rep from Saviour Machine a few months back because I had seen copies of Legend part III:II circulating on ebay & thought..wth??? I never knew about this,I thought it never was finished & got scraped. Well,apparently it never did get finished & that is a stolen bootleg making it's way around & nothing official ever released by SM. So sad about Clayton...I had a feeling things were gonna implode sooner or later with that band,one way or another. They've had a rough ride. I heard about Deliverance getting back together as well. I guess Jimmy's Jupiter VI project was kinda a bust. It was meh..ok I guess,for what it was. I still say Global Wave System by far was/is the best Christian industrial ever. Lyrics alone...and to boot he sounds like Ohgr from Skinny Puppy. Always underrated! Still looking for a copy of the song SMOG by them. I used to have it on a compliation cd back in the day. I still have the original version of "Commitment" on cassette...that's back how I discovered them & Deitiphobia for that matter. I used to correspond via snail mail with Stackhouse for a while. Nice guy! I am used to ppl attacking me or mocking me for liking Christian Metal. I could care less what ppl think...don't like it,don't listen to it. That simple. Believer has always been musically awesome. The riffs remind me of Destruction (German thrash band). I enjoyed Gabriel & Transhuman is finally growing on me. Much different that the old-school stuff for sure. I like a few cd's by Project 86..Sinai Beach...P.O.D. Demon Hunter isn't bad either. Red (at least their 1st cd reminds me of Linkin Park) I guess Red isn't really metal ,more hard rock??? Dunno. And as far as many of these "Christian" artists go...seems they all pull a flake-out at least once in their careers. I used to be so critical & judgmental of some of these bands,but it get's exhausting lol. I saw Klank mentioned...I still have the 1st cd. Never botherd with the other ones. Liked the 1st Argyle Park cd "Misguided". I thought it was cool how it was kinda a super group of alias names working together. Speaking alias names...what do you guys think (or not think of) Celldweller...aka Circle Of Dust aka Brainchild,aka Scott Albert aka Klayton Scott,aka Klayton aka dred...lol I still follow him..still love his tunes. Although he's become a tad wore is me like a Trent Reznor now. I think it's cool when he tosses in samples & hooks from his C.O.D & Argyle Park days into his new stuff. I think the dudes like my age but his fan base now is prob 17 yr old girls. lol
I had the first Celldweller CD and I really liked it. It was kind of like listening to really heavy dance music, pretty interesting. Switchback was a killer tune. All the songs had great hooks on them.