Who/What is your fav Christian Metal / Industrial band or album???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

"7 Days to the Wolves" references Stephen King's The Dark Tower series (which I haven't read - yet).

Zao, cheers! I'll check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zaoman32

I've never read stephen king, not really interested, but I love the song.

T

Tintin

Fair enough, although he doesn't just write horror.

Z

zaoman32

Yeah, I just heard about his general style from people, and I don't think I would care for it. I'll stick with fantasy and theology.

A

arwen83

Okay I don't know what is considered 'metal' and this may not be it, but the heavier stuff that I like are: Wolves at the gate, Emery, one song from Thrice (haha), Red. I saw ABR live, couldn't understand a word they were saying (maybe he was speaking in tongues j/k), but they were praisin' God, and a few songs from UnderOath. I'm pretty hardcore haha j/k

Z

zaoman32

You're so metal arwen...

Since you like emery and thrice (even if it's one song)...that almost makes up for your heinous comment you made earlier.

I

iTOREtheSKY

LOL I was just checking out that Immortal song...so funny,'cause his vocals on that remind me of how he used to sound in early Circle of Dust days. He's definitely gotten more polished over the years.

U

Ugly

I don't know much about the Christian metal scene but I enjoy Flyleaf, Skillet and some Demon Hunter and Living Sacrifice. I love P.O.D too but they're not metal.
The non-Christian metal bands I enjoy are Led Zeppelin, Nightwish, Eluveitie, Evanescence, Orphaned Land, Tristania and Within Temptation (many of these explore Judeo-Christian beliefs).
Evanescence guitarist/founder was a full blown Christian, and he was the reason for the push to be a Christian band when they released, but after he quit the rest of the band tried to get away from the label. Though they did have Rocky Grey in the band for a while (Living Sacrifice/Soul Embraced).

Orphaned Land are self professed muslims.

Eluveitie began as a Christian band, on a Christian label, they have just drifted from that.

U

Ugly

LOL I was just checking out that Immortal song...so funny,'cause his vocals on that remind me of how he used to sound in early Circle of Dust days. He's definitely gotten more polished over the years.
Yeah, but for the time it came out, and as a demo, it was pretty solid stuff.

T

Tintin

Ugly, I didn't know that. Cheers.
I thought Orphaned Land was made up of Muslims and Jews?

U

Ugly

Not that i've heard. I read an interview and they just said muslim. :confused:

C

Christmusiclover7

My favorite is War of Ages and As I Lay Dying

Z

zaoman32

My favorite is War of Ages and As I Lay Dying
Got to see them shortly before shadows are security was released, alongside Zao, Haste the Day, and Still Remains...that was an epic show.

M

MarkayMrk777

[video=youtube;O8TqNAk0aeY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8TqNAk0aeY[/video]

Z

zaoman32

So I really want to hear Crimson Thorn, but I'm worried. If I hear them and really like them I'm going to want a CD, and CD's are anywhere between 50-75 bucks on amazon...and no download available.

T

Tintin

Crimson Thorn CD's are Between $50 and $75! Wowsers. Are they out of print or something?

Z

zaoman32

that's all I can think of...Antestors old albums are even more expensive, but they at least have those on download for cheap.

Phillster

Jan 16, 2013
Some of the bands, and songs I'm currently liking at the moment are With Faith or Flames: Heir to the Viking Throne, In Grief: In the End, Immortal Souls: Nuclear Winter, Malchus, Holy Blood, Dagon, Hope for the Dying, and Aletheian: How Cold I, cynic cover.

Btw whenever someone mentions strongarm, I always think of Stretch Arm Strong lol.

Z

zaoman32

Some of the bands, and songs I'm currently liking at the moment are With Faith or Flames: Heir to the Viking Throne, In Grief: In the End, Immortal Souls: Nuclear Winter, Malchus, Holy Blood, Dagon, Hope for the Dying, and Aletheian: How Cold I, cynic cover.

Btw whenever someone mentions strongarm, I always think of Stretch Arm Strong lol.
Immortal Souls is wicked, I just heard them for the first time a couple months ago, love them.

Strongarm/Stretch Armstrong, both bands were awesome. Win, win if you ask me.

U

Ugly

Strongarm was first, and better than Stretch. I always thought Stretch was a bit bland and their stance seemed to become questionable the longer they were together. Which only turned me away even more.