Who/What is your fav Christian Metal / Industrial band or album???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zaoman32

A lot of it is ministry purposes too. Death metal is a well known genre and I think it was metal blade records a while back who signed a christian band and called them "life metal". The band just thought it was cheesy, and it was kind of off-putting to people who probably could have been really blessed by a christian message going hand in hand with a genre they were familiar with.

U

Ugly

ahem, just to get back on topic, this is me attempting to post something Ugly has never heard of...If he hasn't, I win!!!

Fantastic Progressive death metal band from Mexico, one of the best I've heard in the christian genre.

[video=youtube;vdpFZBUit1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdpFZBUit1g[/video]
Psh... amateur. I remember when this was released. :p

U

Ugly

How about this one from 1983 .. anyone familiar?

[video=youtube;tS-UGZrynJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS-UGZrynJw[/video]

Z

zaoman32

Ok Ugly, how about this one. I can't find a youtube video anywhere, but there's a symphonic BM band from brazil with a female vocalist called Hawthorn. I think you can download them pretty cheap on amazon. They have one album called thorns and blood.

U

Ugly

Ok Ugly, how about this one. I can't find a youtube video anywhere, but there's a symphonic BM band from brazil with a female vocalist called Hawthorn. I think you can download them pretty cheap on amazon. They have one album called thorns and blood.
Made a special upload just for you Zaoman..

[video=youtube;tgZgsOOaU9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgZgsOOaU9w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

U

Ugly

1986 - Saint's Dee Harrington on Guitar, and Tourniquet's Guy Ritter on Vocals,
[video=youtube;O4HgeGO6kYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4HgeGO6kYI[/video]

U

Ugly

Another 1986

[video=youtube;lmpyjWByxuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmpyjWByxuE[/video]

U

Ugly

[video=youtube;FkLxwxalkaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkLxwxalkaU[/video]

U

Ugly

[video=youtube;lm5ha_ealKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm5ha_ealKY[/video]

Recognize any of these?

I

iTOREtheSKY

LOL Ugly. I remember a few of those bands & I remember also being so bummed out at how cheesey many of them were. I never heard that Holy Danger one before with King Diamond,er..I mean Guy Ritter. LOL I am sitting here re-listening to that Tempest song...what made it so lame? The intro? The production value? The musicianship actually wasn't terrible...in 1986 there were just as many poorly produced secular metal bands out there too. I'm trying to run through my music collection & thinking of really terrible 1st albums by bands,that later on the evolved into something really great...right now I can think of Voivod & OverKill...Destruction...as far as christian stuff...Deliverance had a pretty solid 1st album,it was a little behind technically. What christian metal bands had a bad 1st album & then came into their own in your opinion?? (anyone)

U

Ugly

What christian metal bands had a bad 1st album & then came into their own in your opinion?? (anyone)
I'm sure there are some i could find, but i tend to go in reverse. I tend to like earlier albums and lose interest as the band progresses.
Randy Rose, Deliverance, Precious Death, Tourniquet, Saviour Machine, X-Sinner, Mortification..are some examples of bands that started strong and got weaker or less interesting over time.

On a side note, i got thinking, and found it funny Zaoman going to an obscure Brazilian BM band to stump me. haha. Felt good not only to know them, but to have a song by them haha. Thing that stinks is someones going to find something to stump me. Then my ego deflates =P haha

Z

zaoman32

I'm sure there are some i could find, but i tend to go in reverse. I tend to like earlier albums and lose interest as the band progresses.
Randy Rose, Deliverance, Precious Death, Tourniquet, Saviour Machine, X-Sinner, Mortification..are some examples of bands that started strong and got weaker or less interesting over time.

On a side note, i got thinking, and found it funny Zaoman going to an obscure Brazilian BM band to stump me. haha. Felt good not only to know them, but to have a song by them haha. Thing that stinks is someones going to find something to stump me. Then my ego deflates =P haha
One of these days...one of these days.

I Built The Cross...super super heavy death metal, soooooo good. That will be for all of you to check out.

U

Ugly

One of these days...one of these days.

I Built The Cross...super super heavy death metal, soooooo good. That will be for all of you to check out.
Eh, there ok. Don't really see them as full on death metal myself, though.

Z

zaoman32

Eh, there ok. Don't really see them as full on death metal myself, though.
Look dude, I'm just going by what they consider themselves, if you have a problem with that EAT ME!!!!

Seriously though, the guy has inhuman sounding growls, and as I said before they're really heavy, those are the reasons I like them.

U

Ugly

if you have a problem with that EAT ME!!!!
Wow, that was pretty rude and inappropriate, even for joking. Next time i'll just keep my opinions to myself. Sorry for thinking.

Z

zaoman32

Ok, than, I'm done with the joking now.

Phillster

Jan 16, 2013
What christian metal bands had a bad 1st album & then came into their own in your opinion?? (anyone)
Living sacrifice comes to mind for this as I have their first album. Very samey thrash sound all the way through the album with plain boring vocals. It does have its good moments though. Later albums like the hammering process had them coming into their own as their sound developed its own flavour. Their newest stuff hasn't been that interesting though.

Ugly has a point though, some bands earlier sound has that raw energy, grit, or edge that often gets lost in over-production, and studio glitz-mint.

Zao's times of separation is an example of an oldy but a goody. Love those raw vocals.

I

iTOREtheSKY

Yeah...seems a few of the bands mentioned had a good start & got a bit weak for a few cd's. Deliverance is one of those bands to me. Love 'em,but they definitely have had some stinkers along the way. Living Sacrifice's first 4 releases were all completely different from one another,I thought. Then with The Hammering Process & Conceived In Fire,those 2 were similar sounding to me & all the songs could have just been put on the same album. The latest cd by them sounds a bit like Rebon meets the self-titled 1st release,but more polished.
I have to admit..I tried liking Randy Rose on his own,but I found him so boring. Strange thing is,is that many of the songs he wrote or performed in MATW,I really like & I guess that's what I was always expecting more of in his solo stuff. Instead,I always felt like I was listening to an even more boring version of Danzig.

U

Ugly

I quit supporting Deliverance once i found out Jimmy Brown became a Kahbbalist. Not sure if i said this in here before. But there is a new Deliverance CD in the works, featuring old members of Deliverance from the first or second CD. And, they have Jayson Sherlock on drums. I heard one song and it was awesome.
I was never a MATW fan. I liked the Danzig-ish feel of Rose though. Not as intense, but still good. I've heard his new music though. Its more boring and simple than his old stuff. He has his teen son and daughter playing in the 'band'.