Who will you choose; Yeshua or Barabbas?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 25, 2015
The name Barabbas (Barabba in Hebrew) literally means “son (bar) of the father (abba)”. Barabba’s first name was Jesus so he was Jesus Barabba. We have a choice:

1. Jesus son of the father, (salvation through your earthly father) or
  2. Jesus Son of the Father (Salvation through our Heavenly Father).

Who are you going to choose?

Two choices, two end destinations.

P

psychomom

honestly, Gandalf, i'm so glad God chose me.

because in the Biblical story, i am Barabbas.

the guilty one set free because the Innocent was punished in my place. :(

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011

True. This choosing thingy is getting popular here at CC now. The best I can make of them is sleeping pills.

[h=3]Pss.127[/h][1] Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
[2] It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

P

psychomom

True. This choosing thingy is getting popular here at CC now. The best I can make of them is sleeping pills.
well, you know, the Bible says things like 'choose you this day whom you will serve'...

and we assume that means we have the power to actually do that. :rolleyes:

Jan 25, 2015

Mom we are all guilty, but if we choose we are chosen. By God's grace you and I have made the right one :)

D

Dorcas

Could you please explain what you are talking about. The differences between both choices? I am not getting it.

P

psychomom

Mom we are all guilty, but if we choose we are chosen. By God's grace you and I have made the right one :)
i don't really have a problem saying 'i chose God' because He chose me. :)

upon regeneration, He changed my 'wanter', and caused me to want Him.

mighty, gracious Lord of all. :)

Jan 25, 2015
Could you please explain what you are talking about. The differences between both choices? I am not getting it.
When Yeshua and Barabbas stood in front of the crowd Pontius Pilate asked the people to choose between the two. The one was Son of God, the other one son of man. If we choose the Son of God we are saved, but son of man we will continue being not saved.

Maybe it looked better in my head :confused: but I didn't want to type this long OP as an opening statement :) sorry about that...

D

Dorcas

The name Barabbas (Barabba in Hebrew) literally means “son (bar) of the father (abba)”. Barabba’s first name was Jesus so he was Jesus Barabba. We have a choice:

To be more clear in my misunderstanding: I know that Barabbas was the criminal that Pontius Pilate freed in place of Jesus.
What I don't understand is the two options you have listed. I choose salvation in Jesus Christ who is the son of our heavenly Father. It is not one of your choices at least how you phrased it.

Jan 25, 2015
To be more clear in my misunderstanding: I know that Barabbas was the criminal that Pontius Pilate freed in place of Jesus.
What I don't understand is the two options you have listed. I choose salvation in Jesus Christ who is the son of our heavenly Father. It is not one of your choices at least how you phrased it.
If you look at the meaning of Barabba's name it actually means son of the father. So in life we have a choice. Yeshua (Son of God) or not Yeshua (son of man ie Barabba).

Jan 25, 2015
Like I said maybe the choice was more clear in my head :)

D

Dorcas

I guess I don't remember reading that Barabbas' first name was Jesus. Also Jesus (God's son)is referred to as the son of man in the bible. That is why I was confused. Obviously we both agree that Jesus Christ is our savior.

D

Dorcas

If you look at the meaning of Barabba's name it actually means son of the father. So in life we have a choice. Yeshua (Son of God) or not Yeshua (son of man ie Barabba).
Thanks for teaching me something new. I didn't know that Bararabbas meant son of the father.

Jan 25, 2015
I guess I don't remember reading that Barabbas' first name was Jesus. Also Jesus (God's son)is referred to as the son of man in the bible. That is why I was confused. Obviously we both agree that Jesus Christ is our savior.
Interesting. Do you have a verse naming Jesus son of man?

Dec 26, 2014
well, you know, the Bible says things like 'choose you this day whom you will serve'...

and we assume that means we have the power to actually do that. :rolleyes:
no we don't.

you quoted GOD'S WORD.

we don't have to "assume" he tells TRUTH. HE DOES. ALWAYS.

so we simply believe HIM ...... if people did this, there'd be practically no argumenst, and

definitely no phrmk or rcc or stockmarket or video entertainment or bikinis .....

oh,

wait,

even the demons believe.... and shudder (because they CHOSE and CHOOSE to disobey).... man usually does that too.

Dec 26, 2014
Interesting. Do you have a verse naming Jesus son of man?
all of the JEWS, the WHOLE NATION,

not just the leaders/ priests/ scribes and pharisees

knew from GOD'S WORD (TORAH) that the son of man would be the messiah. one, and one only.

seek, and ye shall find (i believe you are seeking TRUTH)

L

Least

Very interesting GandalfTheWhite,

We do have a choice to chose God and His ways or to chose our own ways. Just like the city and tower of Babel, they built it with their own hands by their own desires, saying, "let us build a city and a tower that reaches up to heaven."

Like Abraham who looked for a better home, not made with hands:

Hebrews 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Jan 25, 2015
all of the JEWS, the WHOLE NATION,

not just the leaders/ priests/ scribes and pharisees

knew from GOD'S WORD (TORAH) that the son of man would be the messiah. one, and one only.

seek, and ye shall find (i believe you are seeking TRUTH)
Thank you Jeff. I was actually looking for a verse to study but that is ok. Like you said “stick with SCRIPTURE again”

Jan 25, 2015
Very interesting GandalfTheWhite,

We do have a choice to chose God and His ways or to chose our own ways. Just like the city and tower of Babel, they built it with their own hands by their own desires, saying, "let us build a city and a tower that reaches up to heaven."

Like Abraham who looked for a better home, not made with hands:

Hebrews 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
:) I am currently listening to a sermon about Jesus and the crucifixion and I am crying in traffic all the time. People might think something is wrong but boy our Saviour suffered a lot :(