who would you choose ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rus_lady
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rus_lady

Guest
just wonder would you choose your boyfriend/ girlfriend over your friends ?
 
What's the situation - life or death? Are they arguing? Choose over what? Generally if either are making me choose, then they must not know me that well :P. I don't play games.
 
Depends on the situation. I've had enough experience in the past to know that typically when all of your friends have a problem with a significant other then they're usually right. However there's been times where it turns out your significant other's friends are morons but those instances are few and far between. Typically, listening to your friends is the way to go, however it really depends on the situation.
 
Yeah... that's a broad question.

Either way, I'm subjected to neither (girlfriend nor friends) anymore it seems. So no problems on this end!
 
ok lets put this way ... your close friend who was with u through good and bad or your gf/bf ? ..... and i will give u my answer right away . i would try to keep my bf and my friend /friends ...cuz good friends are hard to find . so there ya go
 
That's still a broad question though. What's the situation? Why are we being forced to choose a side? Is it a situation where your friends want one thing but your bf/gf wants something else? Is it a situation where your friends flat out dislike your bf/gf? Are your friends and bf/gf hanging from the edge of a cliff and you only have time to save one and you have to choose? What's the situation that's causing you to have to choose?
 
um , lol it can be any situation that u named above . ok lol lets say that friends does not like bf/gf
 
If they don't like him for superficial reasons- like he dresses weird, or he talks funny- but his Character is still good, true, loving, honest- I side with the boyfriend. If the boyfriend doesn't like the friends for superficial reasons, I side with the friends.
 
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Well it all depends on everything. But the only reason you would need to choose friends or a relationship is because 1 or the other or both do not understand your situation.

A true friend/s will not leave & if a relationship is worthwhile you will have friends if you want.

If you have friends & are in a relationship & 1 or the other, or both, do not get along & you don't know what to do, then ask God. Your friendships & relationships clash for many many reasons but you as a Christian need to know you must be righteous in all things. Be faithful & live as an example to your friends so they know & respect your relationship/friendships, but always keep God first.
 
I choose not to decide. And have therefore still made a choice. :p
 
a choice not to decide ? lol thts interesting ... we always make choices in life right or wrong. our life made from choices tht we do everyday ;)
 
I have been in this situation alot. If my friends do not approve, then the girl has to go. I have had the same circle of friends almost all of my life. We are like brothers (and one sister). They would not steer me wrong, or allow me to get hurt.
 
That's easy for me. I would choose my boyfriend....cause I don't have any other friends. :p He is also a best friend to me, so I see it the same.
 
I have been in this situation alot. If my friends do not approve, then the girl has to go. I have had the same circle of friends almost all of my life. We are like brothers (and one sister). They would not steer me wrong, or allow me to get hurt.

That is awesome you have such a trusted support circle of friends like that. =) They must care for you a lot.
 
you dont choose
your partner is your partner and your friends are your friends. If either asks you to choose it is a control issue. be very wary