Whom should we convert to?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
Whom should we convert to?

This question seems simple, specially looking on the verses below:

• “But whenever it turns to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.” (2Corinthians 3.16).
  • “For they themselves witness what kind of entrance we had to you, even how you turned from idols to God in order to serve the living and true God,” (1Thessalonians 1.9).

However, let’s pore more carefully on this. What is conversion?

In according to the dictionary, to convert is to veer. But, to veer in what direction? Where is Christ? Let’s muse on what Paul said:

• “But the righteousness of faith says this: "Do not say in your heart, Who shall ascend into Heaven?" that is, to bring Christ down; or "Who shall descend into the deep?"; that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead. But what does it say? "*The Word is near you, even in your mouth and in your heart*"; that is, the Word of Faith which we proclaim;” (Romans 10.6-8).

Once the Word (Jesus) is close to us (He wish to inhabit in us – John 14.21,23; 15.1-7), our heart is the place where we need to go if we ache for keep in touch with Jesus.

See how the conversion of the prodigal son took place:

• “And when *he came to himself*, he said, How many hired servants of my father abound in loaves, and I perish with hunger!” (Luke 15.17).

So, if we pine for have intimacy with Jesus, let’s do away with all that arises envy, hubris, feud, selfishness, etc., and be grateful for who we are and have. Let’s have a splendid day walking after this example left by David:

• “O Jehovah, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes lofty; nor have I walked in great things, nor in things too wondrous for me.” (Psalms 131.1).