Who's coming with me?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mystdancer50

Senior Member
Feb 26, 2012
2,522
50
48
I am becoming aware of many things about myself lately, things that I suppressed, I guess. Something that recently occurred was the revelation that the trauma I had experienced in my young life does need to be healed. Thankfully, my Abba Father has got me covered. :) I also saw tonight that when someone acknowledges that what I went through was actually a valid pain, I feel relief in my soul. I don't know if I've just tried to be strong for so long that I have tried to convince myself that my pain/wounds were not worth dealing with that when someone says, "Your pain was valid", it's like a salve is rubbed on the wound that has festered due to being ignored.


It isn't even that someone knows what I'm talking about. Rather, it is the mention in a list of mentionings, a single word in a string of words, that shouts out, "Yes! Your pain was valid! You were wounded! Now let God heal you." One small word, five letters in all, and yet the weight of it is too big to measure.


Does this make sense or am I babbling? I think that God wants some of you to know that your pain is valid and that burying your wounds will not bring healing but coming to Him and letting Him in, will. Godly friendships are so vital in this process. Do you have any? Not superficial ones, but deep ones. Who knows you? Who really knows you? Who can call you out and deal with your mess and still be by your side tomorrow, not because they don't want to stay, but because you push them away?


I am struggling a bit dealing with all that is being revealed to me of late, but I know that God's timing is perfect. Out of the darkness and out of shame and into His marvelous light I'm running. Who's coming with me?

View attachment 69287
 
I think the hardest part is knowing you have a right to be what God wants you to be, not what we are pressured to be. Sometimes it seemed to me there were little demon thoughts in my head I was constantly having to sweep away, like guilt, blaming, not forgiving, thinking I could take care of it instead of letting God handle everything where other people were involved. Hard to stand, day by day, only with our God without any baggage.

It is even hard to accept Christ at His word, that He wipes us absolutely clean, we don't have to go over it ever again, like a little squirrel in a cage.

Our God is such a healing God. Truly God guides us to green pastures.
 
To me the true sign of conversion is where we embrace the darkness in our life and allow God's uncreated light to shine as noon day in it to bring order to our chaos. Mosses had to enter the dark cloud to come into the presence of the Lord. Christ went through the agony of Gethsemane before he embraced the set before of the cross. The dark cloud of forgetfulness where our pain and sorrow is striped away as we stand naked at our master's enveloped and basking in the Glory of Father's pure unadulterated love. Christ puts His yoke of mercy upon shoulders as we clothed by power of His unfathomable love. His strength made perfect in our weakness. We feast on the goodness of God for goodness of God goes before. We feast at the table made for us in the presence. The Great I Am is all we for he becomes our all in all. It is here we can say as Paul it is not I who but Christ who lives in me to the glory of the Father. May we all come to place in our walk with the where He and only He becomes the true desire of our hearts.
 
You make sense, no not babbling - i personally appreciate your post so much - comforting to me as well as the comments above me. Thanks

Love what Elisabeth Elliot said - "It is to God to whom and with whom we travel, and while He is the end of our journey, He is also at every stopping place"

I took a risk and opened up and have regretted doing so. What can i say about that ? Lots but i won't do it here. I Need people to come to me and tell me my serious errors biblically and cover my wounds, i would have been more that willing to listen if they had come to me directly in private. Yet i won't be letting no-one spoil my journey to Him and the healing and true freedom He provides.
Christ died for me to set me free, buried my sins and rose again to life so I could inherit Eternal Life also, in Freedom, in His Unfailing Love. He is able, it's the best thing to draw closer to God and lovely to have people who support but if the latter is scarce, still it's a comfort to know the truth that He is still able to reach us in our pain and even draw the Right people into our lives, as He knows best as we continue to Trust in Him first and foremost. He is the Great Physician, Restorer, Suffering Servant, Man of Sorrows.

Godly friendships... how do they look to you ?

Being gentle, meek and caring to one another is vital agree with you mystdancer. I read an excerpt from a book, Micheal Harper - Spiritual Warfare. pages 77-78 on how to minister to someone in need.

Anyway, now i'm babbling, my head is a wreck tbh. Requested my account to be deleted, need 'real world' healing, with people who i can see but would have like to have gotten to know you mystdancer - I appreciate those who speak Truth in Love and have Grace and Truth. I'll remember you, with appreciation and prayer. God Bless you and keep you as you journey with Him. He called you and is faithful to do it.