Whose Faith? Ours or Jesus'?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
I've been hearing a lot about how the faith we have is not our faith, but it's the faith of Jesus. I was just wondering what scriptures would validate this teaching?

I have never heard this until I came here to CC. Does anyone know when this teaching began? Is it a denominational teaching?

I believe it's our own faith and have been taught this and as I said, it's not something I've ever heard before. Actually there are so many things I've never heard before until I came here.

I've been pondering this for a while now. I was going to bring it up in our women's bible study I'm a part of, but we need all the time for the study. But I don't really think they've heard this before either.

Thanks! :)
SaveSave

Z

Zi

I hope someone posts the scripture. I have heard this and know the ever so unpopular KC teaches the above.
off the top I don't recall the verse. I know what it is about

Feb 7, 2015
It's our faith in His faithfulness.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
I hope someone posts the scripture. I have heard this and know the ever so unpopular KC teaches the above. off the top I don't recall the verse. I know what it is about
Hi Zi,

What is KC? Is that the Kansas City Prophets?

I have a friend who's daughter went there to school. She wasn't a pretty picture when she got back.

She left the Lord and lived in the world for years. I'm not sure where she's at spiritually right now. I think the last I heard, she was following teachings of some guy who doesn't take the word of God literally. Everything is super-spiritualized and everyone will be saved. She receives these teachings snail mail.

Feb 7, 2015

Hi Zi,

I have a friend who's daughter went there to school. She wasn't a pretty picture when she got back.

She left the Lord and lived in the world for years. I'm not sure where she's at spiritually right now. I think the last I heard, she was following teachings of some guy who doesn't take the word of God literally. Everything is super-spiritualized and everyone will be saved. She receives these teachings snail mail.
KC usually means Kenneth Copeland. Were you talking about IHOP?

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
​Amen, Willie!

That's what I believe the bible teaches as well. And oh how faithful He is!

05-BLOG-Psalm-36-5-WORDS.jpg

Z

Zi

Kenneth Copeland. But I think I got it mixed up with his teaching on Heb 11:3. maybe he ties it all in idk. Been a while since I have known what he teaches

Z

Zi

Hopefully she seeks out solid teaching.
Sorry to hear. How sad

Hi Zi,

K

kaylagrl

I've been hearing a lot about how the faith we have is not our faith, but it's the faith of Jesus. I was just wondering what scriptures would validate this teaching?

I have never heard this until I came here to CC. Does anyone know when this teaching began? Is it a denominational teaching?

I believe it's our own faith and have been taught this and as I said, it's not something I've ever heard before. Actually there are so many things I've never heard before until I came here.

I've been pondering this for a while now. I was going to bring it up in our women's bible study I'm a part of, but we need all the time for the study. But I don't really think they've heard this before either.

Thanks! :)
SaveSave

Me too,a lot of things Ive never heard till I came here. People saying Jesus is not God yet calling themselves Christian,for one. Im not familiar with what you are talking about either. Definitely some different ideas here...

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Hopefully she seeks out solid teaching.Sorry to hear. How sad
Yes, it's very sad when the lies of satan deceives those we love and care about.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
God has allotted to everyone a measure of faith.( rom 12:3)then please read matt 25:14-30 to understand what you do with this measure matters in how you either mature in grace and knowledge( 2 peter 3:18) or do not sis.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Me too,a lot of things Ive never heard till I came here. People saying Jesus is not God yet calling themselves Christian,for one. Im not familiar with what you are talking about either. Definitely some different ideas here...
Hi Kayla,

I loved posthuman's thread because it was all about scriptures that show Jesus is God. It's an awesome thread and many who don't know that Jesus is God or have been taught that, can look down all of those posts and see scriptures for why Jesus is our Lord and our God!

Feb 7, 2015
IHOP is pretty much Christian Reconstructionist (Dominionism). They are right on in a lot of their thinking, but they don't seem to be able to keep from running into a bit of fanaticism. My Dad's family is friends with Mike Bickle, but none of us think much of his church theology, in general.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
God has allotted to everyone a measure of faith.( rom 12:3)then please read matt 25:14-30 to understand what you do with this measure matters in how you either mature in grace and knowledge( 2 peter 3:18) or do not sis.
Hi brighthouse. Thanks for your comments. :) What some are teaching is not that Jesus has giving you faith, but that your faith is not your own. It's Jesus's faith that we have and not our own.

2 Peter 1:5-8 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Here we are told to supply to our faith all these fruits of righteousness. We have them through faith and Peter is telling us to supply them to our faith. Kind of like telling us to grow up in our faith. But he calls it our faith. Not Jesus' faith in you.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
The only verse I can think of that is used in the claim is:

(Rom 3:22 KJV) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Sister desert,Excellent scripture sister!! Indeed!! If I were to give you anything,its YOURS!!! Rom 11:29!! he is not an indian giver. lol He does not ask for what he gives back,he already knows what we will do with what he gave us anyway!!( 1 peter 1:2!!) Blessing sis!

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
IHOP is pretty much Christian Reconstructionist (Dominionism). They are right on in a lot of their thinking, but they don't seem to be able to keep from running into a bit of fanaticism. My Dad's family is friends with Mike Bickle, but none of us think much of his church theology, in general.

Hi Willie,

I've heard of dominionism, but I don't know a lot about what they believe. I haven't heard of reconstructionists though. Do you know what some of their core beliefs are?

​When my friends daughter went quite a few years ago, they were heavily into the prophetic. I imagine they still are. But they teach how to prophecy. They teach everyone is prophetic and teach them colors means a certain thing, numbers mean a certain thing etc.

Now I believe this also to a point, but they go heavily into it to the point of orange meaning something and because an orange truck was parked in a person's driveway and they passed it, the orange applies somehow to your life along with the year of the vehicle. Even the # of a house means something prophetic. It's all so crazy!!!

I don't really know that much about KFC except what I've read and what this friends daughter brought back. Even the mom got caught up into the prophetic. Prophecy is a gift given to the believer by the Holy Spirit. You can give the gift to people in a classroom.

I do remember the controversy over one of their so-called prophets they had to dismiss for immorality. His name was Bob Jones. He went over to Rick Joyner's ministry.

​We are told to judge all things and hold fast to what's true. What is it that they are right on? I haven't heard too much about them lately.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
The only verse I can think of that is used in the claim is:

(Rom 3:22 KJV) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Thanks, Locutus!

I'll go and read that in context. I appreciate the reference. :)

Feb 7, 2015

Hi Willie,

I've heard of dominionism, but I don't know a lot about what they believe. I haven't heard of reconstructionists though. Do you know what some of their core beliefs are?

​When my friends daughter went quite a few years ago, they were heavily into the prophetic. I imagine they still are. But they teach how to prophecy. They teach everyone is prophetic and teach them colors means a certain thing, numbers mean a certain thing etc.

Now I believe this also to a point, but they go heavily into it to the point of orange meaning something and because an orange truck was parked in a person's driveway and they passed it, the orange applies somehow to your life along with the year of the vehicle. Even the # of a house means something prophetic. It's all so crazy!!!

I don't really know that much about KFC except what I've read and what this friends daughter brought back. Even the mom got caught up into the prophetic. Prophecy is a gift given to the believer by the Holy Spirit. You can give the gift to people in a classroom.

I do remember the controversy over one of their so-called prophets they had to dismiss for immorality. His name was Bob Jones. He went over to Rick Joyner's ministry.

​We are told to judge all things and hold fast to what's true. What is it that they are right on? I haven't heard too much about them lately.
I've recently learned quite a bit about Dominionism, but it is a bit too involved to go into on a forum.

What is this "KFC" you mentioned?