WHY ARE CHRISTIANS GIVING UP THEIR FAITH IN THE USA?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Perhaps it's a sifting in these last of the last days. Those who are born from above will not fall away, there's nothing
worthwhile to fall away into. They'll stand firm for the truth until the Lord returns, which isn't far away. As David said:

Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked
(Psalm 84:10) (y)
I need to do a panel for this verse... thank you for the reminder! .:D

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
Christians are destroying Christianity.
Good!!! the "Christianity" that they're "Destroying" had no business using the name anyway. Christianity is rolling along on Schedule, and in budget, and will continue till the end of the age.

Feb 5, 2023
Well, considering two people can't agree on one subject here in a supposed Christian forum, I'm not surprised. People believe they can hate their own brother/sister here and make it to heaven. It's rather disappointing to see Christians, so called, can't even get along with other Christians, let alone the unsaved. What's the point of trying to spread this "gospel" ? No seeds will grow in this environment.
I think a lot of that conflict comes from there being non-Christians posing as Christians. When they argue on purpose doctrine that is counter to the Bible conflict ensues. As is their intent.

Allowing atheists access to a BDF forum is always a potential powder keg.

Then there are divisions along denominational lines. Denominationalism has divided Christ's church more than any other factor.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
So send I you to labor unrewarded,
To serve unpaid, unloved, unsought, unknown,
To bear rebuke, to suffer scorn and scoffing-
So send I you to toil for Me alone.
So send I you to bind the bruised and broken,
O’er wand’ring souls to work, to weep, to wake,
To bear the burdens of a world aweary-
So send I you to suffer for My sake.
So send I you to loneliness and longing,
With heart ahung’ring for the loved and known,
Forsaking home and kindred, friend and dear one-
So send I you to know My love alone.
So send I you to leave your life’s ambition,
To die to dear desire, self-will resign,
To labor long, and love where men revile you-
So send I you to lose your life in Mine.
So send I you to hearts made hard by hatred,
To eyes made blind because they will not see,
To spend, tho’ it be blood, to spend and spare not-
So send I you to taste of Calvary.

As the Father hath sent Me, so send I you.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
I think a lot of that conflict comes from there being non-Christians posing as Christians. When they argue on purpose doctrine that is counter to the Bible conflict ensues. As is their intent.

Allowing atheists access to a BDF forum is always a potential powder keg.

Then there are divisions along denominational lines. Denominationalism has divided Christ's church more than any other factor.

I've said here many times, I ministered in all denominations, I have "real life" friends that are OSAS . I have some that believe in tongues, some that don't. I have some that baptize and believe Jesus only. And I have all these friends that I not only fellowship, but I could call in a moment if I needed help or prayer. And they know they could do the same of me. And not one of us would let our differences cause us to hate each other to the point of not speaking to one another. What kind of testimony to those outside the church is that?! smh

Feb 5, 2023
I've said here many times, I ministered in all denominations, I have "real life" friends that are OSAS . I have some that believe in tongues, some that don't. I have some that baptize and believe Jesus only. And I have all these friends that I not only fellowship, but I could call in a moment if I needed help or prayer. And they know they could do the same of me. And not one of us would let our differences cause us to hate each other to the point of not speaking to one another. What kind of testimony to those outside the church is that?! smh
You realize that's your testimony alone, right?

All you have to do is look at the discussions in BDF to see how conflict due to belief sets arise.

L

Locoponydirtman

It could be the veil of cultural christianity is falling off. People are finding that they never were christian, and that the church that they have been a part of isnt christian either.

Feb 5, 2023
Well, as to the polling group that provided this information, we might want to consider following the money.

"The Hill recently published an article about a new Public Religion Research Institute-Brookings Institution poll that claims 62 percent of Americans support a pathway to citizenship for “immigrants living in the U.S. illegally” (“Vast majority supports legal status for illegal immigrants in poll,” June 10).

Don’t be fooled. This poll was financed by two open-borders organizations that back amnesty for illegal immigrants. And they got exactly what they paid for. "
Biased poll gives readers the wrong idea on immigration
BY REP. LAMAR SMITH (R-TEXAS) - 06/16/14
https://thehill.com/opinion/letters/209541-biased-poll-gives-readers-the-wrong-idea-on-immigration/

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Perhaps it's a sifting in these last of the last days. Those who are born from above will not fall away, there's nothing
worthwhile to fall away into. They'll stand firm for the truth until the Lord returns, which isn't far away. As David said:

Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked
(Psalm 84:10) (y)

Psalm 84:10-11 plus 27-4
:)

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
It doesn't seem someone can entitle themselves a "Christian" if they are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit.
True the indwelling Holy Spirit is what makes a person "Born AGain", and spiritually alive.

You would be missing out on so much life. A genuine Christian is a born again Christian. Read John 3:5. As soon as someone becomes born again, the Holy Spirit immediately indwells you & lives with you for the rest of your life.
Exactly.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
You realize that's your testimony alone, right?

All you have to do is look at the discussions in BDF to see how conflict due to belief sets arise.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't see it in my everyday life. I was quite surprised when I came here and saw people being so nasty as to stop talking to people because they don't believe exactly the same. I guess people believe there's only going to be their belief in heaven. No other denominations, just people who believe exactly as they do. smh How childish is that? I don't believe in Calvinism, but I don't refuse to speak to them and send them all to hell. I really don't believe in Catholicism but I don't believe every Catholic is going to hell. People turn on each other over a simple discussion. So again, how is that a testimony to the unsaved if we can't even love our own brothers and sisters in the Lord?

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
I wouldnt pay any attention to alarmist media esp racist things like what is a 'white' evangelical anyway. Someone in the KKK?
The KKK IS a protestant denomination. It was started as an anti-semitic organization, but switched their murderous hatred onto black folks later on. They had a better supply of victims that way.

Fuzzy

Apr 27, 2023
What are the reasons for the abandonment of the Christian faith? Is it because the have too much, materialistically speaking, and have no need for Jesus or what He has to offer? Or maybe the lifestyles they are living forces them to choose between Jesus and their lifestyle, and they prefer their lifestyle to Jesus? Or maybe something else is the undderlying reason?

Whatever the reason, Christians are abandoning their faith, by the droves in the USA.
Survey: White evangelicals say US no longer a Christian nation:

Survey: White evangelicals say US no longer a Christian nation (religionnews.com)
The same thing in the UK. A number of people had faith built on sand, going along with others to be included. To be a christian I believe is very difficult today, an age where everything is evidence based, and so much temptation. People consider less the greater questions about mortality. Death is not as close as it was. God is consistent and always. People are lost not forgotten.

Feb 5, 2023
The KKK IS a protestant denomination. It was started as an anti-semitic organization, but switched their murderous hatred onto black folks later on. They had a better supply of victims that way.
It need be said that no Protestant organization endorses the KKK.

Truth01

May 7, 2022
To understand this you have to read the post I posted before it. In summary I had been saying that the christian churches that are rapidly dwindling do actually get new converts from my observations. However after souls are baptized and won over to christ these churches have a misunderstanding of faith, works and sanctification. They tell concerts they are saved and dont need to do anything further. Converts would have just discovered their spiritual muscles then they would be told that they dont have to use them. When converts now become stagnant the devil gains an opportunity to confuse them and they then exit the church resulting in a heading like the one in this thread. So I had said it's like trying to fill a leaky bucket. These are just my personal observations. I then explained that seventh day adventists are the twelfth fastest growing religious body in the world currently. Then I explained that this should be encouraging to churches with memberships rapidly dwindling because it shows that their numbers are not necessarily dwindling because it's the end times or because people are now rejecting God. The rapid increase in church numbers of the SDA church shows that the world is still responsive to the call of christ.

Truth01

May 7, 2022
The reality is that many other churches have memberships that are currently in a freefall but it does not have to be this way.