Why are Christians the least loyal friends?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Remember that most professed Christians are fakes and nominal/cultural Christians. (Im talking USA here, not so in China etc)
That weeds out a good % of everyone you will ever meet who is a "Christian".
Thats the most likely reason.

If you are an atheist, another reason could be that these are truly saved Christians, and you are not comfortable around them because they dont like to go and get drunk with you or will warn you of sin.
I do drink but have tried to get help to stop but most people don't want to.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
If all of my devout Christians friends had a problem with me, errr....

I might go through a quick check list just to make sure the problem wasn't me.

Just to be safe.

I do think I am becoming a worse person. Idk.

Dec 12, 2013
How do you reach out to someone a world away?
Get on a plane like I do and fly HAHAH ;) Australia 20 times and back now............I received an email from Qantas and was told I am in their top 5% Gold class travelers due to the amount of KMs I have flown this year alone HAHAHHAHAHH

Dec 12, 2013
To the OP.......

There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother and he will never leave you or forsake you....His name is JESUS

The truth.....we all fail, we all make promises that we sometimes do not keep due to circumstance, we all get angry and or wrapped up in our own lives.....if there is one thing I have learned that is the hardest truth to implement in my own life....

Biblical Christianity is everyone else first and myself last.............and I know what you mean.....some of the biggest problems or issues I have had to deal with have come from believers.......and I have had worldly people that seemed to be easier to deal with.....a tragic truth nonetheless.............

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Yeah idk like today I was at a store and I saw a lady who used to teach sunday school and stuff at a church I went to when I was a teen and I haven't seen her in forever. She used to say hy to me but she didn't do anything when I looked at her and smiled. I know she recognized me. Like okay bye.

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah idk like today I was at a store and I saw a lady who used to teach sunday school and stuff at a church I went to when I was a teen and I haven't seen her in forever. She used to say hy to me but she didn't do anything when I looked at her and smiled. I know she recognized me. Like okay bye.
Did you say Hi? No man or woman is an island unto themselves.....

A man that hath friends must show himself friendly <---Proverbs 18:24 also where I draw the quote above from.....

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Did you say Hi? No man or woman is an island unto themselves.....

A man that hath friends must show himself friendly <---Proverbs 18:24 also where I draw the quote above from.....
Not really but I mean I looked at her and smiled and she just looked down so I was like okay she doesn't want to talk so didn't say anything.

Oct 28, 2018
I do think I am becoming a worse person. Idk.
You're not doing the dreaded 'thinking for yourself' thing are you?

Not being sarcastic, but close churches hate independent people (especially women) who they can't bring into line.

If you're seen as independent, and able to think for yourself, the society in the church (especially the leaders) will brand you a 'maverick'.

Dec 12, 2013
I probably should have just said hy though idk
I would have.....I am 52 and I ran in to the librarian that i had in grade 2 at the age of like 8 and I have a very good memory and stopped next to her in the store and said Hi to her and that I remembered her from like 1975 and 76 and it totally made her day....she lit up like a Christmas tree, was all smiles and we talked for a few minutes....to this day and that was like 2 years ago, when she sees me she makes a point to smile and say hi........maybe she has had a bad experience or lost a loved one and knew that if she talked to you she would have to tell you how she is doing......sometimes.....yea a lot of times we make a judgment call on someone that we think has a problem or attitude and at the end of the day they are just having a bad day or have had a recent bad experience......

Dec 12, 2013

Not being sarcastic, but close churches hate independent people (especially women) who they can't bring into line.

If you're seen as independent, and able to think for yourself, the society in the church (especially the leaders) will brand you a 'maverick'.
The above info takes the cake for ignorant information

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Not really but I mean I looked at her and smiled and she just looked down so I was like okay she doesn't want to talk so didn't say anything.
Sometimes, when we're very self-focused (which is often because we're all human), we simply read too much into things.

There could be a million reasons she didn't talk to you.
Maybe she just had the worst day of her life and doesn't want to talk to anyone.
Maybe she recognized you but couldn't remember your name, and SHE felt embarrassed.
There are LOTS of things going on in other people's heads... and when we're too focused on ourselves we miss all of that.

We are all self-focused by nature, because of our plain old fallen nature.
We ALL have to put some real effort into breaking out of that, and focusing on God, and focusing on others.

Oct 28, 2018
The above info takes the cake for ignorant information
Takes the cake?

This is OFFICIAL doctrine available on the website, just under the section that tells you all about the different ways to donate 😉

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
FYI. I consider Umzza my little sister we have known each other via CC for 8 years.

She has been an encouragement when folks on here were really mean to me and though she gets depressed sometimes. She is still a great person.

Just wanted to stand up and say that
They've been a member here for three. Did they have a different account before this one?

marinerscatch

Nov 23, 2018

I know many who call themselves believers of God (Christians) who only read their Bibles a few times out of the year, and many times that is when the pastor encourages the congregation to open their Bible as he reads a few verses related to the sermon. Many church members interpretation of scripture comes from how the pastor views it. And if the pastor is wrong, those members who use what they were taught are also wrong. But that is a given in any church because they only want to be sheep.

I've also met churches where your questions are pre-scanned before being pre-approved. This seems strange since we have an example of the Pharisees always trying to trick Jesus with off the wall scenarios, questions, and even with a woman caught in the act of Adultery. If pastors are to be like Christ, then people like yourself should be free to walk up and ask anything or give an opinion whether it makes them uncomfortable or not. Several examples of people not being like the wise virgins with their lamps, oils, and trimmed wicks.

I definitely see your point of view here. But you must always remember that everyone, including myself and yourself will one day stand before God to be accounted for. So how they act and treat you now just ignore it. Shake the dust off your feet and give it to God to take care of.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
They've been a member here for three. Did they have a different account before this one?
Lol why do people care so much. I had an account in 2009 and then asked to have it deactivaed but then came back a while later but made a new account.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I just asked a question.
I do not know what your English skills are, but they seem fairly strong to me, so I can only believe you realized how your question would be considered an insult to Christians, yes? When someone asks such a question, surely they should expect some blow back.

If you have had a bad experience or two, that is a shame, but in my experience, the MOST LOYAL friends are the devout/mature/Sanctified Christians I interact with. They have been a source of strength, comfort, support and fellowship for me for all of my walk in Christ.

Do not know what world you live in, maybe folks there have a different way of practicing Christian love and fellowship.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I am confused about the elephant.