Why are some people changed "by grace" and some aren't?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Joidevivre

Senior Member
Jul 15, 2014
3,838
272
83
I'm preparing a talk for a retreat and I already have many thoughts on this subject but I would like to hear from those of you who might add to what I already have. We know that grace is a free gift given to us in Christ, but when I can see how I have changed so much by his grace and others don't seem to, what blocks do you see they could put up.
 
I don´t have your anwers but I have seen it FAST (1) or progressively (2). The deeper the experience, the fastest that will be to be swift.
 
secularhermit;bt10354 said:
I don´t have your anwers but I have seen it FAST (1) or progressively (2). The deeper the experience, the fastest that will be to be swift.

Your comment "the deeper the experience" hits a cord. My talk needs to focus on the ways in which to have that deeper experience - or to "drink deeply" of the Holy Spirit. Lots to go on with this subject. Thanks for your simple, but actually profound reply.