Why Are Women Expected to be the Gatekeepers of Virginity?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Thanks for providing the citation.
Your welcome and it is just sad. The violence be it men against women are women against children is just a lost and fallen world and it really is sad and heartbreaking all the way around.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
That's why I like BEETS...they never abuse anybody. They are good for you too.
But lots of people abuse their name. (Hint hint)

Nov 3, 2021
Good questions.
Should they be judging the speck of others without looking at the log in their own eye? (Matt 7:3) When people were about to stone a women for prostitution what did He do, what did He ask the crowd that was about to cast the stone and what did He tell the woman afterward? ( John 8: 1-11) What did Jesus tell those who were sinning with their eyes?(Matthew 5:28) Pretty sure the bible is against gossip. (2 Cor 12:20) and there seems to be a lot of verses in proverbs against gossip.

I mean it really shows even in Christian circles we are all sinners in need of patience and forgiveness and Thank Jesus that he died for all our sins. It really shows that even though Christians ought to be doing their best to be an example of Jesus Christ love, that people aren't perfect and that we should turn to the word of God for wisdom and not people. People will always fall short (lest any man should boast).

And some men even act wicked and are wolves in sheeps clothing (as warned in some other bible verse that can be easily looked up lol)

I disagree with the behaviors you've witnessed. It don't sound like Christian belief to me. That isn't the way, the truth or the life of Jesus Christ. I don't think it's wrong to state it either.

I noticed you said "church culture". I'm glad you didn't refer to this behavior as Christian. Thank you.

Nov 3, 2021
I could be mistaken, but from everything I have read in the Bible, God, who neither follows "natural law" (according to humans) nor evolutionary gender roles (again, according to humans,) does not expect or require women to somehow be purer.

He has equal levels of expectations of men and women, and some might argue that He expects more of men in marriage, as they are the heads of the household. (I'm not saying this is an absolute, just a point I have seen brought up from time to time.)
Eph 5: 25-33. Just adding the verses that support what ya said.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Your welcome and it is just sad. The violence be it men against women are women against children is just a lost and fallen world and it really is sad and heartbreaking all the way around.
It is sad and quite tragic, too. I do wonder, though, were they to factor in the amount of time women spend with children compared to the amount of time men spend with children, if that would affect the numbers. Especially single moms. Do you know what I mean?

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
It is sad and quite tragic, too. I do wonder, though, were they to factor in the amount of time women spend with children compared to the amount of time men spend with children, if that would affect the numbers. Especially single moms. Do you know what I mean?
I get ya :) 45.45% of the ones killed are aged one year or less with 60% of them being male children. I honestly think it may have been this post or maybe another. Anyway I believe the sexual revolution is the big cause of it. Government moved fathers out and became the dad.

As a male one thing I have noticed over the course of my life is women have energy I don't have and women can multi-task. Usually when I say that I get a dozen or so guys tell me they can and maybe they can but I would have to see it to believe it....LOL

Anyway all that to say I think the message telling women they can have it all has not helped. For the reasons I stated women are the original energizer bunny they can just go and go and the fact they can do several things at a time. To me it is emotionally and mentally unhealthy message.

Even in the bible with Martha and Mary Christ had to say sit down and hear the word. I found in my life part of my job as a husband really was protecting my ex from just burning herself out. I do not have the numbers off hand but happiness for women has been dropping for years while it has gone up for men. Which this year or maybe last. Believe the numbers are now men are more happy than women and is a first.

So many other things as well but just touching on this I think when you take a sex the female sex that just has tons of energy and lost how many times in my life when I have called my ma or sisters or female friends. Ask what ya up to and they say sitting down but I should be doing something and feel guilty they are not doing something.

So you take that and mix it with your abilities to multi-task I think you do get burned out cause you are bombarded with the message you can have it all you can do it all. So you try to cause the message says ya can. Think it burns women out gets them frustrated, anxious, and a host of unhealthy emotions. They get unhappy cause they are told they can have it all but that is not their reality.

Mix all that up and the results of the data should not be surprising. The family is under assault men and women as well. They tell one side they can do it all and tell the other they are not needed. The message sinks in and I think tragedy is the natural outcome.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
This is one of the many question I want to ask God someday. He designed human reproduction the way it is obviously knowing what would happen and the attitudes that it would result in.

Actually, I've always wondered why He designed sex the way that it is. I mean, He could have made reproduction could have been something bland and generic. He didn't have to put a drive in human beings that lures them into seeking sex out.

I do understand wanted to give married couples what would He hoped they would see as a binding, sacred gift.

But God also knew humanity would twist it into things like fetishes, sexual crimes, pedophilia, adultery, etc. He knew that eventually, more people would be using it for evil rather than for good.

But for some reason, He still chose what He did for it, and I have always wondered why (not as a criticism of course, but I am fascinated by God's thought processes and wish I knew more about them.)
I want to ask Him why He created mosquitos.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I often hear family being under assault when its really the family is assualting each other. Domestic violence is so common.

Thankfully the families in my neighbourhood are relatively sane but there has been the odd ocassion when I heard fighting next door and one time my brother really wanted to call the police on them.

I remember one time it a couple yelling at each other in the middle of the night, doors being slammed and cars screechig away. I was just trying to get some sleep but I recall being mad at them for disturbing me and the neighbourhood.

Though when fights break out, what happens is they end up breaking up, moving out, or at least getting restraining orders. But police sometimes are reluctant to take any action, and often take the mans side (because of male dominated police culture) and some women resort to lying about it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I remember there was one womans magazine that had its tag line 'for women who want it all' maybe it was the womens weekly? There was another magazine and it was just called MORE

The thing with these magazines though, is its half advertising for stuff no woman can really afford anyway.

at the bookshop, hardly anyone buys them and then they end up in the trash when they expire

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
I often hear family being under assault when its really the family is assualting each other. Domestic violence is so common.

Thankfully the families in my neighbourhood are relatively sane but there has been the odd ocassion when I heard fighting next door and one time my brother really wanted to call the police on them.

I remember one time it a couple yelling at each other in the middle of the night, doors being slammed and cars screechig away. I was just trying to get some sleep but I recall being mad at them for disturbing me and the neighbourhood.

Though when fights break out, what happens is they end up breaking up, moving out, or at least getting restraining orders. But police sometimes are reluctant to take any action, and often take the mans side (because of male dominated police culture) and some women resort to lying about it.
I hear ya. Way to common to be honest. I was speaking of the family being under assault in a manner of spiritual warfare, to also include men and women, even our youth can undoubtedly be added. I believe you understood that is what I meant, so forgive me if I seem like I am explaining a point that was clear. I just go down a rabbit hole if I even have a inkling that perhaps I was not clear or concise. I just can't let it go if I think I was to ambiguous. Which I am not always a easy read when explaining my thoughts and the process by which I have concluded. So if I am trying to clarify what you have already understood. Please do forgive me cause this is really a me thing and not anyone else.

I truly do believe you and what you have seen and experienced. I just am in a bit of shock cause some years back Sonja Starr with the University of Michigan did a study. Which she found if all things being equal that men will receive 63% longer sentences for the same crime than a woman will. The study found that women arrested for a crime are also significantly more likely to avoid charges and convictions entirely, and twice as likely to avoid incarceration if convicted.

Here is the link if you want to download the PDF of her study and findings.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2144002

So again I do believe and trust your experiences are what you say. Just has been for me the opposite that when faced with the law and legality that observation and data shows that the law will come down harder on men than women. As well as not sure if all 50 states have such a law but in any state I have lived in to date. They have some kind of law concerning domestic violence if the cops get called someone is going to jail for the eve.

So I can just chalk that up to different personal experiences. However, so agree that domestic violence is way to common.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
I remember there was one womans magazine that had its tag line 'for women who want it all' maybe it was the womens weekly? There was another magazine and it was just called MORE

The thing with these magazines though, is its half advertising for stuff no woman can really afford anyway.

at the bookshop, hardly anyone buys them and then they end up in the trash when they expire
What I can just never get out of my brain. When I was younger my Aunt smoked Virginia slim cigarettes. So still to today I can still see the Virginia slim gal dressed up like a sailor, or in a dress, dressed like in the roaring twenties, or what have ya and with that image the words, you have come a long way baby.......LOL Try as I may those images are just burned in my brain....LOL