WHY BUY THE COW WHEN YOU GET THE MILK FOR FREE?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
And yes.i like this analogy since im originally from the dairy state of Wisconsin. But this has always made me wonder...in todays society..the reality is that more than not..most people have sex before marriage..christians the same as non..would you be more apt to marry if you had to wait to have sex until marriage or would that make any difference? I see a lot of people dating for years and have a "marriage" without the paper..the live together..have finances together..sex etc..just wondered if they had to wait for sex til married if they wouldve been married in a year other than "dating" for years...What do YOU think?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Well I must pause because of the eclectic nature of some who may not understand. 150 years ago on the frontier there was nothing particularly wrong with a couple falling in love, cohabitating and waiting for the circuit riding preacher to come to town and perform the overdue sacrament. Intentions used to count. They did for Mary & Joseph.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Well I must pause because of the eclectic nature of some who may not understand. 150 years ago on the frontier there was nothing particularly wrong with a couple falling in love, cohabitating and waiting for the circuit riding preacher to come to town and perform the overdue sacrament. Intentions used to count. They did for Mary & Joseph.
I thought mary n joseph were betrothed n married by a rabi..or it suggests after the dream when the angel came to joseph to tell him to take mary as his wife etc

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
My son has a friend who has been with his girlfriend for almost 8 years (who had the logic of why buy the cow when the milk is free) but with growing pressure from his girlfriend to either marry her or hit the road he finally proposed to her and what a coincidence that he proposed just two weeks after my son got married? :giggle:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I thought mary n joseph were betrothed n married by a rabi..or it suggests after the dream when the angel came to joseph to tell him to take mary as his wife etc
When they tried to get a room at the inn it describes mary as his esposed wife and I can't recall any scripture of them getting married.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
When they tried to get a room at the inn it describes mary as his esposed wife and I can't recall any scripture of them getting married.
Well..i know they didnt have sex til after jesus was born so maybe they were still engaged but they had other children and wouldvr gotten in BIG trouble if they kept having kids n no marriage.lol. 1 premarital kid at that time was scandlious enough..lol

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
This is not to say I am against marriage at all. Pluss now days theirs plenty of free milk to go around. We'd do it for love I hope.:love:

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
This is not to say I am against marriage at all. Pluss now days theirs plenty of free milk to go around. We'd do it for love I hope.:love:
But..would you be more apt to marry faster if you had to wait for sex or not?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Honestly, most likely not. Gotta make sure the milks not sour first!:sneaky::p:love:
Yeah..i hear that a lot the last few years..but you dont hear men having to see if finances are compatable etc as one of the leading reasons for divorce..i think its an excuse nit to have to commit but still get what they want :/ lol

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Sadly, some people marry right away because they want to have sex.

Sadly, some people don’t marry and yet have sex.

As for my husband and me, we dated for 9 months and were engaged 9 months. We waited :)

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Sadly, some people marry right away because they want to have sex.

Sadly, some people don’t marry and yet have sex.

As for my husband and me, we dated for 9 months and were engaged 9 months. We waited :)
AWESOME...and im sure your honeymoon n marriage has been blessed in that respect because you honored God and its not EASY to stay pure :)

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I'm 35 and still hold to no sex before marriage. Sooo..you better buy the cow if you're thirsty, cause you ain't getting a drop of milk from it otherwise. Lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I'm 35 and still hold to no sex before marriage. Sooo..you better buy the cow if you're thirsty, cause you ain't getting a drop of milk from it otherwise. Lol
Great..i gotta think too..like mel said..if its a cultural thing or not?

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Great..i gotta think too..like mel said..if its a cultural thing or not?
If not, Biblical as well.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
“For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God….”​