Why Calvinism is NOT biblical

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GodisONE

Jul 11, 2018
the simple answer with Calvinism is that, if God predestined people to end up in hell, then dying for us on the CROSS was a waste of time. scripture states Yeshua died FOR EVERYONE!! but if there was a predestination already in place, there would be no need for His death because people are already separated by who is going to hell and who goes to heaven.

it's a silly concept because the death of Yeshua would be stupid and a waste of time if everyone did not have the chance to find salvation.

and, it would be unfair. and as far as I have known and witnessed, God is always fair!!

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
If he loved righteousness why would an omniscient Father plant an unrighteous tree in paradise? And why was conscious awareness of right from wrong forbidden fruit?

Exactly! The only capacity Eve and then the Adam had to heed, obey, or not heed, not obey, came after the capacity to consciously recognize right from wrong entered into them through the fruit that was forbidden them.
They had no capacity prior.
They'd obeyed a voice in the garden before. God.
A voice from the mouth of a snake would be no warning, no different because Eve was totally innocent. And far far from able to consciously discern. Especially the guile of the great Deceiver himself, Satan.

The entire Eden story is an analogy that informs how our species came to be. It's not literal, it's figurative.
It is the story of the dual reality that exists as the macrocosm and microcosm. Good and Evil. Dark and Light. Up and Down. Etc...
Without evil in the world we would have no capacity to need righteousness to save us.
My Oh My, Mr. Ostrich! (give him an inch, and he takes a mile...lol) I believe you'll "get it", once you work with God, working with you. One cannot "assume" that God's voice, was all Adam and Eve "were in the presence" of prior, to "the incident!" The only "written" evidence, is "them", hearing God's voice in the garden, after "the incident! When one reads further, concerning how grieved God was, and how PO'd God was with first Eve, and upon questioning Adam, the "depth of wholly seduction" that "rubbed off" (so to speak) on/in/through Adam, that it was to Adam and Eve's benefit, that God's voice was all they could hear! For He SURELY would have Zapped 'em, ON THE SPOT!

Yet, God in His Loving Kindness, which endures forever, must have, in His secret councils within Himself, concluded: "I can "work" with this!"...."With "conditions" and "penalties!" Which, after some time, and, offspring, with battles and warrings, brings us to Abram!

To give you an aid, in understanding just 1 of many "aspects", in an "overview" of the written record of the O.T.; View it as a "volume of apostasy!" With God, "bending over backwards" in His "continually relenting" of His "wrath", until, the "beguiler" had the "Nation of Israel" asking, begging, PLEADING, to Him, to "knot Himself up like a pretzel", and Still be their God! Thus, making God a Mockery! And, God? Will NOT be mocked!

My advice? Slow down, you move too fast! Pull yer head up out the sand, as it leaves the other end way too exposed! Thinking the "enemy" will not take "speedy advantage" of this, only "slows" the "perfecting" of the faith that is ours, in Christ Jesus, Our Lord and Savior!

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
the simple answer with Calvinism is that, if God predestined people to end up in hell, then dying for us on the CROSS was a waste of time. scripture states Yeshua died FOR EVERYONE!! but if there was a predestination already in place, there would be no need for His death because people are already separated by who is going to hell and who goes to heaven.

it's a silly concept because the death of Yeshua would be stupid and a waste of time if everyone did not have the chance to find salvation.

and, it would be unfair. and as far as I have known and witnessed, God is always fair!!
It's not that God predestined ANYONE, to Hell! Save for those "hell BENT workers of iniquity!"

It's that there are one's whom God "foreknew", who were predestined, in executing certain acts, or "traits", during the course of this current earth/heaven age, at God's discretion, in the accomplishing of His will, and Good pleasure!

And it's not that these people are any better, then "whosoever will" may come to the acceptance of Christ's Cross. It's that, and I can't call it irresistable "grace", as much as I can call it, like an Irrefutable Undeniability of an HOLY Presence, and Protection (from "the world"), within someone, that runs "gene deep", from the "moment" of one's very first breath, of oxygen, in this darkened and fallen "world, as it has become!"

And, it's not like these one's are sinless, by ANY means! At least, as far as the "eyes of men" are concerned. And God Himself, for that matter! It's more like a searching out and a seeking, and a purging, of oneself, from, or away from the "multitude of sin" that "love" covers! Inasmuch, as when holding one's "life's experiences", in contrast to that "Irrefutable and Undeniable Holy Presence!" It is "this love" that covers a multitude of sin, that, when, like a "pinball" from the old style pinball machines, bounces and spins from 1 pin to another, on its way down the playing field, to the bottom, and lands in the "Christian hole", that so perplexes; that these one's "run" from such assemblies wondering "just WHAT, or WHOSE God, are these people worshiping/praising?"

Traditions of man, are to blame, for the "common misconception", and "ceasing from one's labors", in their own seekings, and efforts of faith, in their own reconciliations of sin/s that "this love", does NOT cover! For you see, the enemy is "very skillful" in "cramming/adding sin", and then maintaining the "illusion", that "This too, is covered!" Is called "apostasy", folks! Glacierly slow, in its movement. Yet, as undeniable, as day is from night, in its resultings! So, WITHOUT this "gene deep" anchor? One is NOT going to notice it, let alone "catch it", and STOP it, in real time!

As this is alright with most Christians? This doesn't mean, in ANY sense, that any particular Christian is NOT saved! GOD FORBID!

As "Children of Light", do as well as one can! And, it is well with one, and no further burden is placed, or effrot/s asked. But, should any particular Christian, in any particular "assembling of?" Start asking oneself: "Is this ALL there is to it?" Then YOU, Mr. Christian, Maybe, just, MAYBE, asked to "PRESS ON!" To the High CALLING of God, in Christ Jesus, Our Lord and Savior!"

(this is an unsolicted endorsement for the "council" of the Sons of Light) (do not bend, fold, staple, or mutilate :))

"I know!" "Crazy?" "Right?" ;)

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
My Oh My, Mr. Ostrich! (give him an inch, and he takes a mile...lol) I believe you'll "get it", once you work with God, working with you. One cannot "assume" that God's voice, was all Adam and Eve "were in the presence" of prior, to "the incident!" The only "written" evidence, is "them", hearing God's voice in the garden, after "the incident! When one reads further, concerning how grieved God was, and how PO'd God was with first Eve, and upon questioning Adam, the "depth of wholly seduction" that "rubbed off" (so to speak) on/in/through Adam, that it was to Adam and Eve's benefit, that God's voice was all they could hear! For He SURELY would have Zapped 'em, ON THE SPOT!

Yet, God in His Loving Kindness, which endures forever, must have, in His secret councils within Himself, concluded: "I can "work" with this!"...."With "conditions" and "penalties!" Which, after some time, and, offspring, with battles and warrings, brings us to Abram!

To give you an aid, in understanding just 1 of many "aspects", in an "overview" of the written record of the O.T.; View it as a "volume of apostasy!" With God, "bending over backwards" in His "continually relenting" of His "wrath", until, the "beguiler" had the "Nation of Israel" asking, begging, PLEADING, to Him, to "knot Himself up like a pretzel", and Still be their God! Thus, making God a Mockery! And, God? Will NOT be mocked!

My advice? Slow down, you move too fast! Pull yer head up out the sand, as it leaves the other end way too exposed! Thinking the "enemy" will not take "speedy advantage" of this, only "slows" the "perfecting" of the faith that is ours, in Christ Jesus, Our Lord and Savior!
I thank God I found this forum.