WHY CAN'T THE ISRAELIS AND PALESTINIANS MAKE PEACE?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
The State of Israel was re-established in 1948, almost 75 years ago. There has never been any peace between the Israelis and Palestinians in all that time. Each side seems to hate each other as much as ever. What will it take to make peace between these peoples?

The situation can't be hopeless. Look at Ireland, the Protestants and Catholics hated each other for many years. While they may not love each other, they have managed to create a peace amongst themselves.

So when are the Israelis and Palestinians going to make peace, what's stopping them???????

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Because one side wants the other side dead, and is demonically-driven towards that end.

If Hamas lowered its arms, there would be peace. If Israel lowered their arms, Israel would be wiped out.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Hamas exists to antagonize Israel. There is no money in peace.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
The State of Israel was re-established in 1948, almost 75 years ago. There has never been any peace between the Israelis and Palestinians in all that time. Each side seems to hate each other as much as ever. What will it take to make peace between these peoples?

The situation can't be hopeless. Look at Ireland, the Protestants and Catholics hated each other for many years. While they may not love each other, they have managed to create a peace amongst themselves.

So when are the Israelis and Palestinians going to make peace, what's stopping them???????
Islam. The religion of "peace" is hell bent on wiping out Israel due to religious zeal. It's what drove Libya's Gaddaffi, Iraq's Hussein and has driven Iran for decades. Only one thing will satisfy the Palestinians. That is the complete erasure of Israel as a state, How do I know? They openly declare this to be so.

Don't be fooled by apparent peace with Saudi Arabia and other Muslim nations. It's convenient for them because the Sunnis hate the Shiites nearly as much as they hate Israel. Only Egypt is not entirely hostile to Israel, as foretold in Isaiah 19. Northern Iraq, what used to be Syria, will also be allied to Israel one day.

The Arab nations attempted to destroy Israel the moment she proclaimed independence. Nothing has changed since then, apart from Egypt signing a peace treaty.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Answer Islam...

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The answer to your question is "Never". What is stopping them is the intransigence of the Palestinian leadership supported primarily by Iran. The leaders are committed to terrorism and have rejected every peace proposal. The original plan was to drive the Israelis into the sea, but since that has never worked, ongoing terrorism is the next best thing.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
You can blame money, you can blame Islam, but the real reason is God. All of these people are descendants of Abraham, whether through Sarah, or Hagar, or one of his other wives. God specifically chose these people knowing that they were the most obstinate people on Earth so that God could reveal His mighty arm. We should be thankful, because of this salvation has come to the rest of us.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

1676558571352.jpeg

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Because both sides feel like the land is rightfully theirs

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
There is no hope for peace. As the hatred grows, the situation between the Israelis and Palestinians only gets worse and it will pass to future generations.

montana123

Oct 9, 2021

In the more than 45 years since the Middle East war of June 1967, there have been many peace plans and many negotiations. Some of these have been successful, including those between Egypt and Israel and Israel and Jordan, but a settlement has still not been reached in the core conflict - the dispute between the Israelis and Palestinians.

The New Age Christ, antichrist, will establish peace in the Middle East, and then he will work in the world as a great man of peace, and he will be the biggest player on the world scene, and he will push the agenda of the new age movement, which the New Age Christ is of the occult.

They have been working on peace in the Middle East for years but I believe the top leaders of Israel do not want to come to terms but they are waiting for the New Age Christ to negotiate peace, and then they will go along with the peace treaty so the New Age Christ can start working in the world.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thats a hard one

Find something they both want and then offer it
In the olden days when tribes fought each other over land (and this happens everywhere the world over, not just in the middle east) they used to get tribes getting along by offering up their women to marry the other party.

I dont know if that always worked because it might have ended up in divorce a few years down the track which they would have to sort out the selves but at least with divorcees they have to literally keep away from each other.

then the children of divorcees would run away to another country cos they cant stand their parents fighting.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
thats a hard one

Find something they both want and then offer it
In the olden days when tribes fought each other over land (and this happens everywhere the world over, not just in the middle east) they used to get tribes getting along by offering up their women to marry the other party.

I dont know if that always worked because it might have ended up in divorce a few years down the track which they would have to sort out the selves but at least with divorcees they have to literally keep away from each other.

then the children of divorcees would run away to another country cos they cant stand their parents fighting.
palestine refers to Isreal as " zionest occupiers ".

so, it seems is if they get peace, it will by Israel leaving...

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Unfortunately, there's just too much hatred between Palestinions and Israelis. And it's not abating. Through the decades it's getting worse. Neither the Palestinians nor the Israelis believe in forgiving their enemies, Jesus' teaching. Instead, it's an 'eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth'.

I have no hope at all for these peoples and their finding peace. When their own leaders, like Sadat or Rabin, advocate real peace, their followers brutally assissinate them.

No hope at all. So, I say that the rest of the world should ignore them and let them go on with their carnage. No support should be given to either side. Let them languish in the misery they've created. Hard line approach, you betcha!

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Unfortunately, there's just too much hatred between Palestinions and Israelis. And it's not abating. Through the decades it's getting worse. Neither the Palestinians nor the Israelis believe in forgiving their enemies, Jesus' teaching. Instead, it's an 'eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth'.

I have no hope at all for these peoples and their finding peace. When their own leaders, like Sadat or Rabin, advocate real peace, their followers brutally assissinate them.

No hope at all. So, I say that the rest of the world should ignore them and let them go on with their carnage. No support should be given to either side. Let them languish in the misery they've created. Hard line approach, you betcha!

The Bible shows that God will sort this out in the end. In the meantime, God will protect His people from being removed from the land of Israel. We as Christians should also, in the meantime, pray for her peace and bless her, to love her because God loves her, and in turn, God will bless us.

You can of course, choose to not support Israel, but if you want to do the things that makes God happy, it's what you do.

In terms of Israel's enemies, you can pray that they stop trying to destroy Israel so that God doesn't have to punish them (because God doesn't enjoy having to do so). Every time they attack Israel, I noticed that a lot more of them get killed and a lot more of their stuff gets damaged, as compared to any lives and property lost on Israel's side.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The Quran speaks of how the Holy Land belongs to the Jews, yet they conveniently ignore that truth.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The Bible doesnt say the Holy Land belongs to the Jews, but it does say it belongs to God, and He decides who lives there.

If the palestinians are tenants and are treated well, they will want to stay of course and they can be at peace, but otherwise, if they arent treated well then other countries need to take them in as refugees, which Jordan does. But it seems like they get overwhelmed with refugees.

Remember the Jews had their time of exile too when they couldnt look after the land properly as well. Also anyone can become a Jew if they convert or marry one. Jesus ancestral lineage has a long line of foreigners who married in to their culture.

However Jesus wept over Jerusalem, prophesyed its destruction and God made him be a light to the gentiles. People forget that actually, technically, palestinians ARE gentiles. Gentiles are anybody who isnt a Jew.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The Bible doesnt say the Holy Land belongs to the Jews, but it does say it belongs to God, and He decides who lives there.
Genesis 12:7 The Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your descendants I will give this land.” So he built an altar there to the Lord who had appeared to him.

Genesis 15:7 And He said to him, “I am the Lord who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to possess it.” 18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, “To your descendants I have given this land, From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates:

Genesis 17:8 I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

Genesis 26:2-5 The Lord appeared to him and said, “Do not go down to Egypt; stay in the land of which I shall tell you. Sojourn in this land and I will be with you and bless you, for to you and to your descendants I will give all these lands, and I will establish the oath which I swore to your father Abraham. I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed

Exodus 6:8 I will bring you to the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and I will give it to you for a possession; I am the Lord.’”

Judges 2:1 Now the angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bochim. And he said, “I brought you up out of Egypt and led you into the land which I have sworn to your fathers; and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you,