Why Christians get a bad rap amongst the Jews...(an example)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
You know I agreed with EG when he gave the same Scripture that they were enemys of the Gospel but now will deceiving the Christians into believing that the current Israel is the fulfillment of Gods Israel not slay the saints who do believe(they will wilfully take the mark if they believe it true)? The Othardox Jews if you realize it as you said are not confused by it.
But you didn't agree with me when I quoted Rom 11:28 back in post 332 yesterday? lol

The current Israel is only a partial fulfillment, Jesus will bring the stragglers....

Isaiah 11:12 KJV
[12] And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Jeremiah 23:3 KJV
[3] And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

Or do you think Jesus is going to kick out the Jews that already are there and make them start over? LOL

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
But you didn't agree with me when I quoted Rom 11:28 back in post 332 yesterday? lol

The current Israel is only a partial fulfillment, Jesus will bring the stragglers....

Isaiah 11:12 KJV
[12] And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Jeremiah 23:3 KJV
[3] And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

Or do you think Jesus is going to kick out the Jews that already are there and make them start over? LOL

I'm not yellowcanarry I am Iamsoandso....

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
lol It's stressful I think trying to backtrack and remember all of to whom and what we have discussed so far lets say goodnight and resume tomorrow night it is far too important a subject to rush through.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I'm not yellowcanarry I am Iamsoandso....
I was referring to your #380 post where you agreed with EG when he gave you the same post I gave you way back when...Nevermind, the punch has been spoiled lol.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
lol It's stressful I think trying to backtrack and remember all of to whom and what we have discussed so far lets say goodnight and resume tomorrow night it is far too important a subject to rush through.
Agreed, good night.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Victor Miller (Avigdor Miller) made other statements as well.

Have you read some of them?

"Hitler was not only sent by Heaven, but was sent as a kindness from Heaven...Because assimilation and intermarriage are worse than death...and the German Jews and others ignored the Torah-teachers and refused to desist from their mad race into assimilation, the Nazis were sent to prevent them and rescue them before they were swallowed up by the nations. "

Miller stated that the victims of the Kent State shootings were "bums and they deserved to be shot."

Miller had sharp views about African Americans and the apartheid in South Africa. Of Abraham Lincoln he stated “... I hold it against him that he set free the blacks. Don’t think it’s being prejudiced, the blacks were doing wonderful. They were learning to be decent and civilized under their white masters.”

Probably not the best source to build a case with.
Just sayin.......
Source

Some food for thought...

Are all Zionists not sons of Abraham?

Are all Zionists not included in the promises God made to Abraham?

Romans 11:25-29
For I would not, brethren, have you ignorant of this mystery, lest ye be wise in your own conceits, that a hardening in part hath befallen Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in;

26and so all Israel shall be saved: even as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer; He shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27And this is my covenant unto them, When I shall take away their sins.

28As touching the gospel, they are enemies for your sake: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sake. 29For the gifts and the calling of God are without repentance.

lol, It makes you wonder after looking at the other things he said why he would see his own people the same if he were an raciest. His letter....

yellowcanary

May 22, 2018
The truth is the truth PAL.....and GOD made a promise which has yet to be FULFILLED.....and the funny thing.....you actually get a positive check mark.....wow.....proof that the other one is not interested in truth of this particular matter.....

NOW....once again.....SHOW ME where ISRAEL conquered to the river Euphrates from the BIBLE...when YOU can do THAT....then you can argue your point....UNTIL then....ALL of you that hold to this 70 A.D. drivel are wrong!
I wasn't trying to be funny.

1 Kings 4:21

And Solomon ruled over all the kingdoms from the Euphrates River to the land of the Philistines, as far as the border of Egypt. These countries brought tribute and were Solomon's subjects all his life.

Joshua 21: 43-45

43 So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there. 44 The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their ancestors. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord gave all their enemies into their hands. 45 Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.

The Lord made this promise ... “Now if the LORD your God enlarges your territory, as He swore to your fathers, and gives you the land which He promised to give to your fathers . . . then you shall add three more cities for yourself besides these three (Deuteronomy 19:8-9)

How were three additional sanctuary cities added if God hadn't enlarged their territory ? We know that they were. (Joshua 20:7)

Nehemiah 9:8

8 You found his heart faithful to You, and You made a covenant with him to give to his descendants the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Jebusites and Girgashites. You "have" kept your promise because you are righteous.

K

kaylagrl

Please ... tell us why.

Because it was a joke, that's why. He and I have disagreed and he's given me the same treatment. I'm beginning to respect him, shhhh don't tell him, because even though we can clash at times we can laugh about it. I think if we all got in a room and had coffee together we might even like one another.

K

kaylagrl

Why is God's land promise to the ancient people of Israel the only covenant God made with man that stipulates no conditions in the minds of today's dispensationalists ? Who are you and from where comes the audacity to state that either God fulfills this pledge according to your understanding or ... He must be a liar ? Divine privilege carries with it the responsibility of keeping covenant.

In all things Israel today, dispensationalists (and you as well) have the order of God's means backwards.

Israel lost use of the land, but they never lost the deed. Everlasting means just that. God will keep his promise.

E

eternally-gratefull

You know I agreed with EG when he gave the same Scripture that they were enemys of the Gospel but now will deceiving the Christians into believing that the current Israel is the fulfillment of Gods Israel not slay the saints who do believe(they will wilfully take the mark if they believe it true)? The Othardox Jews if you realize it as you said are not confused by it.
This may happen, but I do not know many christians who think this is the fulfillment, but we believe that the current Israel just opens the door for prophecies concerning the end times to be able to happen. It is not near the fulfillment

The fulfillment will be when christ himself restors the land and assumes the throne AFTER Israel repents.

E

eternally-gratefull

Israel lost use of the land, but they never lost the deed. Everlasting means just that. God will keep his promise.
Amen

Lev 26 is the focal point people should be looking at, Not whether God gave them the whole land or not. Why did they get removed from the land/ The answer is in lev 26, While they ever be restored to that land? Again, the answer is in Lev 26.

One could look at it this way

In gen, God gave the plot of land to Abraham and his offspring through Issac and Jacob,

Lev 26 is the requirements for living in that land and being blessed, or having someone else temporarily live in that land in their place.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
This may happen, but I do not know many christians who think this is the fulfillment, but we believe that the current Israel just opens the door for prophecies concerning the end times to be able to happen. It is not near the fulfillment

The fulfillment will be when christ himself restors the land and assumes the throne AFTER Israel repents.

I totally agree with how you said(worded) that EG. I kept scratching my head and looking at it(state of Israel) and thinking somthings not right here,lol and so it looks more like the antichrist will be revealed in this one and then the real one comes.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Amen

Lev 26 is the focal point people should be looking at, Not whether God gave them the whole land or not. Why did they get removed from the land/ The answer is in lev 26, While they ever be restored to that land? Again, the answer is in Lev 26.

One could look at it this way

In gen, God gave the plot of land to Abraham and his offspring through Issac and Jacob,

Lev 26 is the requirements for living in that land and being blessed, or having someone else temporarily live in that land in their place.
It seems when you present the UNCONDITIONAL Abrahamic promise based on Promise received by faith in the Abrahamic Covenant, others try to refute using the CONDITIONAL Mosaic Covenant based on Law kept by works. Often, it looks like we're dealing with apples and oranges.

E

eternally-gratefull

It seems when you present the UNCONDITIONAL Abrahamic promise based on Promise received by faith in the Abrahamic Covenant, others try to refute using the CONDITIONAL Mosaic Covenant based on Law kept by works. Often, it looks like we're dealing with apples and oranges.
yeah, they call it “dual covenant theology”

it must be what they are taught, because in almost any discussion you will be asked if you are dual covenant, Or like I have been called. Unsaved because i am dual covenant. Which is not even close.

yellowcanary

May 22, 2018
If the Abrahamic covenant was unconditional, why and how did Israel lose the use of the land ? Didn't God Himself first bring them there ?

I think we can safely say that Ezekiel's "dry bones" prophecy to those exiled in Babylon would have taken little comfort had they known that Ezekiel's words were intended for those in the 20th century.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Why would you think that the Jews themselves would attack them then? You did notice that they were actuall Jewish rabbis right? How can a Jewish rabbi be antisemetic if they are Jewish? It would be kind of like some one sticking their tongue out at their self in the mirror.
An example of a Chief Jewish Rabbi, not antisemitic speaking at the U.N in 1947. ...

The United Nations Special Committee on Palestine was formed for the express purpose of dealing with the question of Zionism. On July 9th, 1947, during its 24th meeting, the following testimony was heard from Rabbi Fischman, the Chief Rabbi of Jerusalem:

Sir Abdur Rahman asked him the question: “When was the promise made by God?”
Rabbi Fischman replied: “The promise was made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob about 4,000 years ago.”
Sir Rahman: “When was it confirmed by God?”
Rabbi Fischman: “It was reaffirmed to Moses.”
Sir Rahman: “Did God also promise that 10 tribes would also arise out of Ishmael, son of Hagar and Abraham?”
Rabbi Fischman: “He did not. 12 tribes would arise only out of Jacob, the son of Isaac.”
Sir Rahman: “According to Jews, was not the return to their land to coincide with the Messiah’s appearing?”
Rabbi Fischman: “No, according to Hebrew tradition, they must first return to Jerusalem in Palestine before the Messiah can come. Only then, after the return of Jews to Palestine, will their Messiah appear.”

Sir Rahman: “How long after the return of Jews to Palestine will the Messiah arrive, according to you?”
Rabbi Fischman: “This is a thing nobody can tell.”

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
If the Abrahamic covenant was unconditional, why and how did Israel lose the use of the land ? Didn't God Himself first bring them there ?

I think we can safely say that Ezekiel's "dry bones" prophecy to those exiled in Babylon would have taken little comfort had they known that Ezekiel's words were intended for those in the 20th century.
They lost use of the land under the 'conditions of the Mosaic Covenant...

Galatians 3:17-18 (KJV) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

E

eternally-gratefull

1. God told abraham his covenant wiht him was eternal. Forever, It means never ending.

2. Lev 26 shows what will happen if Israel sins, But it still calls the land THEIRS even if they are cast out and their high places destroyed. It also says what will happen if Israel repents. (He will remember the promise)

Ezekiel's dry bones prophesy was not possible in Ezekiel's time, In fact, Most prophesy has no bearing on the people living at the time.

Reality shows it has yet to be fulfilled.

Dec 12, 2013
I wasn't trying to be funny.

1 Kings 4:21

And Solomon ruled over all the kingdoms from the Euphrates River to the land of the Philistines, as far as the border of Egypt. These countries brought tribute and were Solomon's subjects all his life.

Joshua 21: 43-45

43 So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there. 44 The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their ancestors. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord gave all their enemies into their hands. 45 Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.

The Lord made this promise ... “Now if the LORD your God enlarges your territory, as He swore to your fathers, and gives you the land which He promised to give to your fathers . . . then you shall add three more cities for yourself besides these three (Deuteronomy 19:8-9)

How were three additional sanctuary cities added if God hadn't enlarged their territory ? We know that they were. (Joshua 20:7)

Nehemiah 9:8

8 You found his heart faithful to You, and You made a covenant with him to give to his descendants the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Jebusites and Girgashites. You "have" kept your promise because you are righteous.
Nice....now show where Israel conquered them....should be easy to prove......GOD said they are yours as an everlasting inheritance...do they rule them to this DAY...NOPE...you're still wrong!! YET to be fulfilled

PAYING tribute does not = conquered territory BORDERS......try again....not fulfilled yet

Your borders will reach from the desert in the south to the Lebanon Mountains in the north; from the great Euphrates River in the east, through the Hittite country, to the Mediterranean Sea in the west.