Why Christians must REJECT fear-mongering altogether

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
“Fear not” occurs 331 times in the King James Bible, with 63 occurrences of that exact phrase. Which clearly tells us that God wants Christians to reject fear-mongering, and to always be strong and of good courage, regardless of circumstances.

Ever since January 2020, fear-mongering has been the key tool of Satan’s minions to destroy economies and lives all around the world. We are now into December 2020 and there has been no end to fear-mongering by politicians, corrupt public health officials, and particularly the corrupt and venal media. Indeed, fear-mongering has been ramped up recently, and people have been told to reject Thanksgiving and Christmas for the sake of a bogus pandemic – a scamdemic.

The reality is that Wuhan virus is just another strain of flu, and had it been allowed to take its course (as flu seasons have for many years) there would have been no need to make COVID-19 the god at whose shrine every country is now worshiping.

All the information relating to lockdowns, masks, social distancing, “cases” (instead of simply positive tests for antigens), fraudulent reports of deaths, shows that a major scam – a hoax – was perpetrated, and very few have taken the time to examine the roots of this deception.

The age group which was most at risk was those in the 80-85 age group, residing in nursing homes, and their life-expectancy was limited under any circumstances. But everything was manipulated day after day so that people would be in a constant state of panic, fear, and anxiety. The result has been that there have been more deaths from suicide than from this virus.

Schools were shut down unnecessarily and students suffered academically and emotionally. Commerce was disrupted, business by the millions were shut down and destroyed for absolutely no reason, and ordinary freedom of movement was severely limited. Consequently lives were disrupted and destroyed for absolutely no reason. And the end result has been huge losses on every side, without any corresponding benefit.

The most critical impact of all this has been the attack on personal freedoms. Governments have effectively muzzled citizens by causing them to wear muzzles over their mouths and noses continuously. All dissent has been shut down, all truth has been suppressed, and only lies and more lies have been published to subjugate people and keep them in fear.

Communist China – from where the virus originated – could not have dreamed up a better plan to destroy the West without firing a shot in anger. And the cowardly Western politicians have all chosen to enhance their own tyrannical (and hypocritical) powers at the expense of ordinary citizens by using coronavirus as their excuse.

The next step in this tyranny is the demand that people be vaccinated, even though the vaccines have not been properly vetted, and the majority of them will be using the cells obtained from aborted babies (according to a recent report).

What should Christians do? If these masks and vaccines were the Mark of the Beast, what would Christians do? Would they not absolutely reject the Mark and face the consequences? Well that is exactly what Christians are faced with.

But those in North America are living under constitutional guarantees, and should avail themselves of those guarantees. Both the United States and Canada guarantee fundamental freedoms to their citizens – freedom of religion, of speech, of lawful assembly, of self-determination, and basic human rights. Which means that Christians may even have to challenge their governments -- at all levels -- when the latter take to themselves tyrannical powers, and try to bring people into bondage.

The United States were founded on the basis of rejecting tyranny. The history of Canada was dissimilar, but in the end Canada adopted a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, similar to the Bill of Rights in America. And just as the apostle Paul appealed to Cesar, Christians can appeal to supreme courts when tyrants are on the loose. The only way to get bullies to back down is to stand up to them. Nehemiah is a good example of how to respond to fear-mongering. Every Christian should read that book and learn its lessons.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What should Christians do? If these masks and vaccines were the Mark of the Beast, what would Christians do? Would they not absolutely reject the Mark and face the consequences? Well that is exactly what Christians are faced with.
Not everyone believes the mark of the beast on the hand and forehead are literal devices or marks such as computer chips, vaccines, implants, bank cards, or anything similar, and there are Scriptural reasons to believe they are not... much in the same way we would not accept that just because people were trying to build the tower of Babel meant we think they could have actually reached God that way, through their human means and/or effort, or that the laws written on our hearts are literally etched/chiseled there.

The forehead very much represents a person's thinking and beliefs, out of which arise
the actions anyone takes and the things we do and what we serve with our hands.

Revelation 14:1 says, Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion,
and with him 144, 000 who had His name and His Father's name written on their foreheads.

Revelation 22:4 says: They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.

I believe the mark is meant to be symbolic of Whom we have pledged our allegiance.

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as
reminders on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

Deuteronomy 11:18

Deuteronomy 6:5-8 ~ Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

Hebrews 10:16 ~ “This is the covenant I will make with them after those days,
declares the Lord. I will put My laws in their hearts and inscribe them on their minds.”

:)

B

Blackpowderduelist

Not everyone believes the mark of the beast on the hand and forehead are literal devices or marks such as computer chips, vaccines, implants, bank cards, or anything similar, and there are Scriptural reasons to believe they are not... much in the same way we would not accept that just because people were trying to build the tower of Babel meant we think they could have actually reached God that way, through their human means and/or effort, or that the laws written on our hearts are literally etched/chiseled there.

The forehead very much represents a person's thinking and beliefs, out of which arise

Revelation 14:1 says, Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion,
and with him 144, 000 who had His name and His Father's name written on their foreheads.

Revelation 22:4 says: They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.

I believe the mark is meant to be symbolic of Whom we have pledged our allegiance.

Deuteronomy 6:5-8 ~ Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

declares the Lord. I will put My laws in their hearts and inscribe them on their minds.”

YES!
It's the idea of allowing the beast (world system) to instill your arch principles.
We are assaulted every minute of the day by the noise of the narrative of the world. Social media is the primary offender, but it is such a multi pronged attack, from the public education system, to the television, not only news but entertainment shows, all pumping out the social narrative. This we are buffeted about by the wind (speech) and doctrine driven by the world.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I agree with the basic premise/title of the OP, fear is a tool of the enemy, just didn't like that you made it political unnecessarily. Can we just stay on spiritual and let people apply it for themselves in their life? Yes, we should reject fears, I agree.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Isaiah 8:12 Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

1 Peter 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Luke 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

Mark 5:36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; [...]

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Feb 28, 2016
great scriptures, SW, TY -

we know that 'carnal-fear' is at the top of satan's tools/tricks of destruction/confinement -
after conversion, it is also one of the greatest challenges of 'over-coming'
that a Christian will face, and it certainly takes time and patience as
we daily grow and mature in our Saviour's Holy, Sacrificial, Love...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Isaiah 8:12 Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

1 Peter 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Luke 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

Mark 5:36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; [...]

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

6:)

Feb 28, 2016
ECC. 12:13.
Let us hear the conclusion of (((the whole matter))):
'Fear God, and keep His Commandments: for this is (((the whole duty of man))).

HillsboroMom

Jan 3, 2021
I agree that fear is a tool that can be used for evil purposes.

I respectfully disagree with the Original Poster in the direction s/he seems to be going. First of all, COVID-19 is significantly worse than any flu strain this world has seen for over 100 years. The mortality rate is far worse. My co-worker has already lost 3 family members, and we live in one of the states that has the lowest rates of spread and mortality. Now, granted, my co-worker is Latina. If you're white, and/or wealthy, it's very easy to say "it's not that bad," because for those populations, it's not as much worse than the flu than it is for poorer populations, and for minorities. I don't know anyone who isn't white who hasn't lost at least 1 family member from this disease.

I am not living in fear. If I die, that means that it's my time to die. But I also know better than to tempt the Lord. I trust God, but I also look both ways before crossing a street. I trust God, but I'm not going to pick up a gun and play Russian Roulette.

If masks were shown just to protect oneself, perhaps I would agree that it should be more of a personal choice. If you don't mind getting sick, then go ahead and don't wear a mask -- that choice is yours. But that's not how it works. Masks actually protect others, in the 1-7 days after you contract the disease and may be asymptomatic and may be spreading it.

Walking around without a mask in the time of a pandemic of this sort is like driving around with a blindfold. I mean, sure. Maybe you won't hit anyone else. But why on earth would you take that risk, when it's so easy not to?!?!?

I wish nations' leaders didn't have to make it mandatory. I wish people would simply behave the right way without having to be told to do it. I would have thought that Christians, of all people, would have stood first in line to lead the way, to show the world how to act lovingly toward their neighbor, to show everyone else how one ought to go about not accidentally killing someone else. I can't say how disappointed I am that so many Christians are the very ones rejecting this simple act.

HillsboroMom

Jan 3, 2021
Not everyone believes the mark of the beast on the hand and forehead are literal devices or marks ....
Magenta, I really appreciate your entire post. Thank you for your thoughtful and spirit-filled comments on the topic.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
“Fear not” occurs 331 times in the King James Bible, with 63 occurrences of that exact phrase. Which clearly tells us that God wants Christians to reject fear-mongering, and to always be strong and of good courage, regardless of circumstances.

Ever since January 2020, fear-mongering has been the key tool of Satan’s minions to destroy economies and lives all around the world. We are now into December 2020 and there has been no end to fear-mongering by politicians, corrupt public health officials, and particularly the corrupt and venal media. Indeed, fear-mongering has been ramped up recently, and people have been told to reject Thanksgiving and Christmas for the sake of a bogus pandemic – a scamdemic.

The reality is that Wuhan virus is just another strain of flu, and had it been allowed to take its course (as flu seasons have for many years) there would have been no need to make COVID-19 the god at whose shrine every country is now worshiping.

All the information relating to lockdowns, masks, social distancing, “cases” (instead of simply positive tests for antigens), fraudulent reports of deaths, shows that a major scam – a hoax – was perpetrated, and very few have taken the time to examine the roots of this deception.

The age group which was most at risk was those in the 80-85 age group, residing in nursing homes, and their life-expectancy was limited under any circumstances. But everything was manipulated day after day so that people would be in a constant state of panic, fear, and anxiety. The result has been that there have been more deaths from suicide than from this virus.

Schools were shut down unnecessarily and students suffered academically and emotionally. Commerce was disrupted, business by the millions were shut down and destroyed for absolutely no reason, and ordinary freedom of movement was severely limited. Consequently lives were disrupted and destroyed for absolutely no reason. And the end result has been huge losses on every side, without any corresponding benefit.

The most critical impact of all this has been the attack on personal freedoms. Governments have effectively muzzled citizens by causing them to wear muzzles over their mouths and noses continuously. All dissent has been shut down, all truth has been suppressed, and only lies and more lies have been published to subjugate people and keep them in fear.

Communist China – from where the virus originated – could not have dreamed up a better plan to destroy the West without firing a shot in anger. And the cowardly Western politicians have all chosen to enhance their own tyrannical (and hypocritical) powers at the expense of ordinary citizens by using coronavirus as their excuse.

The next step in this tyranny is the demand that people be vaccinated, even though the vaccines have not been properly vetted, and the majority of them will be using the cells obtained from aborted babies (according to a recent report).

But those in North America are living under constitutional guarantees, and should avail themselves of those guarantees. Both the United States and Canada guarantee fundamental freedoms to their citizens – freedom of religion, of speech, of lawful assembly, of self-determination, and basic human rights. Which means that Christians may even have to challenge their governments -- at all levels -- when the latter take to themselves tyrannical powers, and try to bring people into bondage.

The United States were founded on the basis of rejecting tyranny. The history of Canada was dissimilar, but in the end Canada adopted a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, similar to the Bill of Rights in America. And just as the apostle Paul appealed to Cesar, Christians can appeal to supreme courts when tyrants are on the loose. The only way to get bullies to back down is to stand up to them. Nehemiah is a good example of how to respond to fear-mongering. Every Christian should read that book and learn its lessons.
I agree with most of what you said...however, this wasn’t done for no reason, it was done to get trump out of office...the swamp had an election to win..and have now won it.

I don’t know if the vaccine will indeed be mandatory or not. Maybe now that they won..like everything else..the virus will end up disappearing and that will be that. However, prayer is always good and asking God to help you and guide you is the best thing a Christian can do in my opinion and makes me think of this verse...

Philippians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭‬‬
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
‭‭​

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020

Revelation‬ ‭13:16-17‬ ‭
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.​
‭‭
Receiving the mark is also an act of allegiance...but I believe the mark is an actual mark that will be on either the right hand or the forehead. It will also have the number of the antichrist or his name..so that makes it a real mark. How else would tptb know that you are on the antichrist’s side without a mark signifying you were and then you could buy and sell?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I agree with most of what you said...however, this wasn’t done for no reason, it was done to get trump out of office...the swamp had an election to win..and have now won it.
You are absolutely correct. All the forces of darkness gathered on December 31, 2019 to make sure that 2020 would be an absolute disaster for Trump, America, and the world, and that Trump would eventually be ousted.

But Mr. Trump had two options to respond the Wuhan biological weapon, and he chose the worst option. He put traitors and criminals into his Task Force to undermine him and destroy America. But there were plenty of sane, ethical, moral, and knowledgeable doctors whom he could have selected and who would have turned the tide.

The world was waiting for America to provide the correct response, and America failed to do so because of the evil conspirators retained by Donald Trump. And only he knows why he failed to do the right thing.

HillsboroMom

Jan 3, 2021
Mr. Trump had two options to respond the Wuhan biological weapon, and he chose the worst option. He put traitors and criminals into his Task Force to undermine him and destroy America.
I would argue he had countless options. Certainly more than two. But yes, he chose the worst possible option.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
You are absolutely correct. All the forces of darkness gathered on December 31, 2019 to make sure that 2020 would be an absolute disaster for Trump, America, and the world, and that Trump would eventually be ousted.

But Mr. Trump had two options to respond the Wuhan biological weapon, and he chose the worst option. He put traitors and criminals into his Task Force to undermine him and destroy America. But there were plenty of sane, ethical, moral, and knowledgeable doctors whom he could have selected and who would have turned the tide.

The world was waiting for America to provide the correct response, and America failed to do so because of the evil conspirators retained by Donald Trump. And only he knows why he failed to do the right thing.
I think he did the wrong thing by authorizing a vaccine...he got cured with hydroxychloroquine. I think we should have studied that more...but then again...I don’t believe that the virus was more than a scam. So..now we have people lining up to get a vaccine that is going to cure a fake virus?

And it didn’t help trump anyway...with the swamp gunning for him like they did...I’m surprised he got so much done in his term of office as he did with nearly everyone around him against him. He was a miracle worker president if you ask me. Most presidents would have been lame ducks.