Why Come Here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
I do not see the three as ONE. Matt 3:7 This is my Son in whom I am well pleased. For me, this clearly shows that they are two. The Holy Spirit is poorly defined, a point of confusion for me. 1 John 5:7 These three are one, for me simply shows that they agree on all things.

That is the way I see things and I do not demand that anyone agree with me. Call me rebellious if you wish.
Weeeeell.. is that rebellion or the experience of heaps of us who try to grasp Gods nature?

The cry of the human heart to know God.

Anguish of mind, fear and doubt, confusion.. all part of living the faith.

David, Job, Paul.. you can see it all in there writings.

So yeah.. I am sure scripture teaches the trinity but having complete understanding of its workings is another matter.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I just rely on scripture. "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased". The meaning is clear.
Believing Jesus is God is an absolute prerequisite to being a Christian.

People can be confused about the Trinity, but not the divinity!

Nov 26, 2012
I do not see the three as ONE. Matt 3:7 This is my Son in whom I am well pleased. For me, this clearly shows that they are two. The Holy Spirit is poorly defined, a point of confusion for me. 1 John 5:7 These three are one, for me simply shows that they agree on all things.

That is the way I see things and I do not demand that anyone agree with me. Call me rebellious if you wish.
You are correct in your understanding. They are individual. The imagery we have been given throughout Scripture clearly illustrates the relationship. The vine and the branches are one but separate, the head and the body are one but separate. The Father and the Son are One but separate. We are the Body of Christ, one but separate. This is what separates Christianity from other religions. We don’t worship from afar. We are spiritually grafted, uniting all believers as the functioning Body of Christ. The problem is that this Body has multiple sclerosis. MS isn’t a problem with the head (Christ) or the body (Church). It’s an issue that effects the central nervous system (Spirit). Because we choose carnality and distraction and think that if God told it to them (Bible forefathers) then He means it for me, there is a disconnect. Christ desires to talk with us individually but we don’t want to listen. The Body is handicapped.
Do you believe Christ is divine?

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
You are correct in your understanding. They are individual. The imagery we have been given throughout Scripture clearly illustrates the relationship. The vine and the branches are one but separate, the head and the body are one but separate. The Father and the Son are One but separate. We are the Body of Christ, one but separate. This is what separates Christianity from other religions. We don’t worship from afar. We are spiritually grafted, uniting all believers as the functioning Body of Christ. The problem is that this Body has multiple sclerosis. MS isn’t a problem with the head (Christ) or the body (Church). It’s an issue that effects the central nervous system (Spirit). Because we choose carnality and distraction and think that if God told it to them (Bible forefathers) then He means it for me, there is a disconnect. Christ desires to talk with us individually but we don’t want to listen. The Body is handicapped.
Do you believe Christ is divine?
Yes.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I was ignorant when I came here. I wanted to study scripture calmly and in love and never dreamed that denominational Christians would lash out at me with such vehemence. There has been enough of that in my life and that is put away. There are hateful things that could be said about any group I've ever encountered. It feels awful to put people on ignore because what they say is offensive because someday they might say something of value. Some shout what they know because that is the way they learned it from the pulpit. Some of us have experienced so much hate and violence that Suicide "for me" once seemed the only choice. I'm not there now. I plead the blood of Jesus the Christ as my covering.

Perhaps I am not tough enough to remain here?
In almost 40 years a Christian, it is from Christians (my brothers and sisters (in Christ)) that I have received, by far, the greatest number of wounds from their thorns and briars, and so, to combat this I have developed a very "thick skin," and endeavour the love them, although this can be difficult at times, but essential! John 15v9,12...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I just rely on scripture. "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased". The meaning is clear.
In this very passage where the Father is speaking of His only begotten Son, there is then the imparting of the Holy Spirit to the Son, who the imparts to the 12 who have been given Him, and they to the 70, on and on until today when each of us is expected to walk in the power of the indwelling Holy spirit.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I won't be put in your little box!
It’s certainly not my box.

But it definitely qualifies as heresy to say that Jesus is not God.

Emmanuel= GOD WITH US.

CS1

May 23, 2012
After considerable reflection, it seems clear that I am firmly non-denominational. Everything a Pastor says, I question. From here on, I will make strong use of the Ignore button. I want to know God and him more fully. The KJV is a flawed resource but It seems good enough to start me on my way. Most people are clueless about what an Abrahamic follower is. The Jews, the Christians, and the Muslims all claim Abraham. Perhaps it is not Abraham (Abram) but perhaps it is those who he encountered and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah? The Priest of Salem, and Jesus the Christ are who I wish to cling to. Amen

You can place many on ignore but the truth is just that. You have what seems to be many talking points but very little substance.

For example, You say you are "Non-denominational" which is not a true statement. Many of the stands you mention are main platforms with many denominations. Every non-denominational church has a statement of faith, that falls in line with a denomination.
Islam came to be 600 years after Christian over 1000 YEARS AFTER Judaism.
Abram was not Jewish, nor Islamic. He was a pagan idol worshipper who GOd called from out of that.

Jesus who is God and our High Preist we must accept HE is the only way " Before Abraham was, IAM"> Jesus said that.

You need to be discipled. And humble :)

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX

Emmanuel= GOD WITH US.
What about when Jesus was Baptized by John? Did not God himself say that "This is my Son, in whom I am well pleased"?

I am sad to hear that you think that your disagreeing with that gives you permission to be abusive to me.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
The term 'son' in Son of God.. is like 'image', 'expression'

Jesus, when you look at the book of John has Him claiming He is 'one with the Father' and also that He does His works by 'The hand of God'

Now.. in Jesus' day, when someone states they are doing something by the hand of someone else.. this is the Jewish concept of agency.

Jews when hearing this.. would be seeing it as Jesus being the agent of God-- the agent having equal weight as the messenger. The messenger being effectively the originator.

That is why they took up stones to try and kill Jesus.. because to the Jews this is blasphemy. In scripture.. Jesus doesn't say 'I am God' but He effectively does, by His miracles, sinless life and claims about what He does and can do... such as giving ETERNAL LIFE!

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
I was ignorant when I came here. I wanted to study scripture calmly and in love and never dreamed that denominational Christians would lash out at me with such vehemence. There has been enough of that in my life and that is put away. There are hateful things that could be said about any group I've ever encountered. It feels awful to put people on ignore because what they say is offensive because someday they might say something of value. Some shout what they know because that is the way they learned it from the pulpit. Some of us have experienced so much hate and violence that Suicide "for me" once seemed the only choice. I'm not there now. I plead the blood of Jesus the Christ as my covering.

I hope that I haven't personally said anything to offend you (Matthew 13:41-42); unless the offence in question had to do with the offence of the Cross of Christ (Galatians 5:11).

I don't want anyone to be offended over my being obnoxious (so I seek to be un-obnoxious); however if someone is offended over sound doctrine that is a different story.

The doctrines of the Bible are often uncompromising and I think that those who are offended at them, have the choice of either remaining offended, or else looking into their own heart to see what it is in their heart that causes them to be offended by the truth.

Two verses speak to me on this in particular.

Mat 11:6, And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Psa 119:165, Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

I have been here some years..
When people cast false allegations against me i will block them..
When i observe someone blaspheme the Holy Spirit i will block them..

Also i find that many woman are far more sensitive to having their beliefs challenged then men.. I have often had passionate exchanges with other men and have had no troubles at all.. Indeed i have admiration for their passion and determination and Biblical knowledge..

But i also have often had interactions with woman where it is obvious the woman takes challenges of their beliefs as a personal attack and an expression of hatred towards them.. I am sometimes left scratching my head in confusion at the explosive responses that i have experienced from some woman, wondering where did that come from? :oops:

In a theological forum where people from different denominations come to share their views on all things about God you are going to encounter a lot of varied positions and some of them you will honestly believe are heretical.. But challenging a doctrine is not attacking the one who holds that doctrine.. It is challenging a doctrine you believe is false.. You're not here to destroy the one holding the doctrine.. You're hear to save the one holding the false doctrine from deception.. At lest if you have the right Spirit then you will look at things with that mindset..

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I am sad to hear that you think that your disagreeing with that gives you permission to be abusive to me.
A ridiculous tactic.
There was zero abuse.

And it’s a core tenant of Christianity that you MUST acknowledge that Jesus is God.

Not acknowledging Jesus as Gid is the spirit of antichrist.

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021

Don't be discouraged .

Nov 26, 2012

Emmanuel= GOD WITH US.
“God with us” does not automatically mean Yahweh or Jehovah. The term is “theos with us” which implies deity. Same with elohim. When you read Genesis you often see “Lord God”. When you translate it, the words are Jehovah (Self existent) elohim. Elohim means gods or theos in Greek. It differentiates Jehovah from the other heavenly beings (elohim, theos). Christ is theos, devine but not Jehovah. Jehovah is His Father our God. Christ is His Son, our Lord. It is obvious throughout Scripture. Read what the Bible says not what people tell you it says. Yes, I include me. Don’t just blindly accept (because you won’t anyways), look for yourself.
What about when Jesus was Baptized by John? Did not God himself say that "This is my Son, in whom I am well pleased"?

Nov 26, 2012

I agree with your comments, all except the one about you not being tough enough. Those who are most insecure sink their teeth in the deepest. It’s a defence mechanism. You state you are are “babe in the faith” (new believer). That makes those who attack you child abusers. Our Lord will deal with them. Be blessed Katia, you are, where you are, supposed to be. If being a Christian was easy, everyone would be one.

CS1

May 23, 2012

Jesus is the Son of God which makes HIM God also :)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
“God with us” does not automatically mean Yahweh or Jehovah. The term is “theos with us” which implies deity. Same with elohim. When you read Genesis you often see “Lord God”. When you translate it, the words are Jehovah (Self existent) elohim. Elohim means gods or theos in Greek. It differentiates Jehovah from the other heavenly beings (elohim, theos). Christ is theos, devine but not Jehovah. Jehovah is His Father our God. Christ is His Son, our Lord. It is obvious throughout Scripture. Read what the Bible says not what people tell you it says. Yes, I include me. Don’t just blindly accept (because you won’t anyways), look for yourself.
Sorry to inform you, but you are NOT saved if you don't confess and believe that Jesus Christ IS LORD.

Whenever we fail to grasp essential truths like Jesus IS God, the Pharisees of all people bail us out.

John 8:58

New King James Version

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

The Pharisees were so outraged that He called Himself God, they wanted to kill them right there.

John 8:59

New King James Version

59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going[a] through the midst of them, and so passed by.