Why Come Here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
I have several on ignore. Although we might be brothers in Christ it does not mean we can build together. I left the boxed churches 23 years ago yet I am keenly aware that many who sit in pews on Sunday are my brothers who love the Truth. The same is true here. Here, I find value in discussions with others who know the Lord and the scriptures: iron sharpening iron.

I commend you to God, sister. You seem to be one who loves the Truth. You will have to decide if there is value for you here or not.

Grace and Peace,
Aaron56
The other thing to consider is the laws of God could be a factor.
When , thou shalt not be a butthead, is ignored there will be problems.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The word that better defines the name given to Moses is more often translated “become”.
no actual serious scholar would agree with that. that's modern Jewish liberalism.

Moses wasn't told to tell the people "I AM THAT I AM" -- he was instructed to say "I AM" sent him. in Hebrew, "Ani Hu" all over Isaiah.
in Septuagint that is translated as "
Ego Eimi" -- translated by the 70 greatest & most God-fearing scholars in all of Israel, who were fluent in both Hebrew and Greek. they know better than you.
Christ called Himself "
Ego Eimi" and they immediately tried to stone Him for doing so. was He speaking hebrew or was He speaking Greek? He spoke His name and flattened an hundred soldiers & Satan himself inhabiting Judas. they were powerless to do anything but prostrate before Him at His word. Who is He?? He told us.
you need an explanation for that. we have one.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Who is He?? He told us.
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who
is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,
and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God
and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

“Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.

I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient
endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the
word of God and the testimony of Jesus. On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit,
and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said:
“Write on a scroll
what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum,
Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”

I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me... When I saw him,
I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said:

“Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead,
and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."

Revelation 1:18
:)

Nov 26, 2012
devine
ADJECTIVE, NOUN, VERB
a frequent misspelling of divine.

Eh? Why does being called the Son of God make Him less than what Scripture proclaims in the 1st ch. of John?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Thanks for the grammar lesson.

Why can’t Christ be not Jehovah. Here is what I’m saying. Theos means god. We call Jehovah Theos. It is a name. John didn’t say Jesus is Jehovah. He said Jesus is a theos, not Theos. There is just too much evidence that they are separate. It is the church hammering monotheism into Christianity. There is one Self Existent God, Jehovah, Theos. Every other heavenly being is elohim or theos, gods by definition. We are the intellectual property of Jehovah. He created us with His Son our Lord. Let us make man in Our image and after Our likeness. Angels are also elohim and theos. They just aren’t the Son of Jehovah.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021

Why can’t Christ be not Jehovah. Here is what I’m saying. Theos means god. We call Jehovah Theos. It is a name. John didn’t say Jesus is Jehovah. He said Jesus is a theos, not Theos. There is just too much evidence that they are separate. It is the church hammering monotheism into Christianity. There is one Self Existent God, Jehovah, Theos. Every other heavenly being is elohim or theos, gods by definition. We are the intellectual property of Jehovah. He created us with His Son our Lord. Let us make man in Our image and after Our likeness. Angels are also elohim and theos. They just aren’t the Son of Jehovah.
https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/understanding-the-trinity-as-a-doctrine.201406/

CS1

May 23, 2012
no actual serious scholar would agree with that. that's modern Jewish liberalism.

Moses wasn't told to tell the people "I AM THAT I AM" -- he was instructed to say "I AM" sent him. in Hebrew, "Ani Hu" all over Isaiah.
Ego Eimi" -- translated by the 70 greatest & most God-fearing scholars in all of Israel, who were fluent in both Hebrew and Greek. they know better than you.
Christ called Himself "
Ego Eimi" and they immediately tried to stone Him for doing so. was He speaking hebrew or was He speaking Greek? He spoke His name and flattened an hundred soldiers & Satan himself inhabiting Judas. they were powerless to do anything but prostrate before Him at His word. Who is He?? He told us.
I agree with your post here just a question, not a debate Could Jesus have said I AM HE in Aramaic?

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021

I take it that you believe in the NeWT and the organization that produced it, The Watchtower Society.

I would suggest googling "Watchtower false prophecies".

It may indeed open your eyes.

Nov 26, 2012

Christ called Himself "
No modern scholar? I simply searched the word in the OT. Often it is used as “become”. Do you know how many times “I am” comes up in everyday speech. Is everyone claiming to be Jehovah? I don’t know why everyone is so heated about Jesus having to be Jehovah. Let’s change the focus for a second. If I clone myself, is my clone also me or are we two separate beings? If I clone myself mixing in canine DNA is that still me in canine form?

Nov 26, 2012
Who is not reading Scripture as it is written? You? You have denied what is explicitly written.

Please also check out this thread (<= link :))
Ok, that thread is not much different than this one. I still don’t know why anyone argues about this point. It should be abundantly obvious. If Jesus is Jehovah then why is He in two places, praying to Himself? It’s not a theological debate, it’s a math problem. 1+1=2. In the beginning there was two, Jehovah and the Logos both are divine (got it right this time). The Father and the Son, two. Never did I claim that Christ existed only from His human birth. He existed separate with the Father as individuals, like the Bible says. What would really clear up this literary disaster is if He was never named Theos. In Greek. Then every time the word pops up it doesn’t confuse people.

Nov 26, 2012
?

what was different about it?
weren't we talking about the timeless self-existent I AM?

so why would time matter?
If I have a conversation with one child, Bill, and say he can take the car. Then a week later a different child takes the car without permission. Surprised I tell my wife our kid just took off with car and needed it. She says, “I don’t know why you’re surprised, you told Bill he could borrow it last week.” Are you with my wife on this one?

Nov 26, 2012
I take it that you believe in the NeWT and the organization that produced it, The Watchtower Society.

I would suggest googling "Watchtower false prophecies".

It may indeed open your eyes.
Thanks for the tip. If I run into any JW I will pass it on.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No modern scholar? I simply searched the word in the OT. Often it is used as “become”.
"I become" -- wā-’eh-yeh
((Job 7:22))

"I AM" -- ’eh-yeh
((Exodus 3:14))

the root word is the same but the word isn't the same.
it's like in Spanish, "
ser" is the root word meaning "to be"
but "
i am" is "soy"
and "
i will be" is "seré"
and "
he is" is "se"
and "
i was" is "era"
if you look up
ser in a dictionary, it will give you "i am, i was, i will be, i become, i became, i have been ... etc etc"
-- the root is
to be, and all the others are conjugations. different words stemming from that word. types of existing that all stem from the root of existence.

what i said earlier, i said because i recently had a conversation with a person who was telling me that Exodus 3:14 is mistranslated and has been mistranslated even by everyone even the Jews for thousands of years -- that it isn't I AM but I WILL BE WHO I WILL BE ((and of course she said she knew better than everyone, ever)) -- and the whole pretense of the whole conversation is she didn't want Jesus to be calling Himself a name of God by saying "EGO EIMI" so she was trying to change the OT.
so i did a lot of reading on the subject. she's absolutely wrong, but it's an idea that has only popped up among secular liberal Jewish thinkers, and isn't accepted by any actual linguists -- so far as what my reading turned up anyway.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
why is He in two places, praying to Himself?

Now I am no longer in the world
(John 17:11)
He says this while He is in the garden, the night before He lays down His life.
how can He say He is no longer in the world while to all appearances He is still in the world?

Behold!
There appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces!
(Genesis 15:17)
this is Yah Himself passing through the pieces establishing His covenant to Abraham
why is He manifest as two things filled with fire and light and smoke, instead of just one?

I still don’t know why anyone argues about this point.
because we understand that the scripture is telling us marvelous things, not simple things, according to God's wisdom, not human wisdom. if you look through that thread you will see that there is evidence all over the whole Bible of this.

it’s a math problem. 1+1=2

Do you not yet understand, or remember the five loaves of the five thousand and how many baskets you took up?
Nor the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many large baskets you took up?

(Matthew 16:9-10)
yes it is absolutely a math problem. but it is much higher math than you suppose.
God is not measured by the L2 norm in Euclidean integer space.
if you want to measure Him, you need a topological algebra capable of describing Him. simple 1 + 1 doesn't do this. He is infinite.
infinity plus infinity equals infinity.
1*1*1 = 1
can you justify why you use "+" and define what "+" means when operated on infinite deity? describe the working space? establish its boundaries and show your measure is piecewise integrable?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
If I have a conversation with one child, Bill, and say he can take the car. Then a week later a different child takes the car without permission. Surprised I tell my wife our kid just took off with car and needed it. She says, “I don’t know why you’re surprised, you told Bill he could borrow it last week.” Are you with my wife on this one?
let's review how we got here.
you claimed Christ never called Himself God.
Magenta pointed out that the Jews explicitly said they tried to kill Christ because Christ represented Himself as God Himself to them.
you replied 'that was a different time'

so this isn't, you let one person borrow something and then a different person at a different time took it.
this is, Bill borrowed the car just as you'd told him he could, and then you called the police and reported it stolen, to get Bill arrested.

Nov 26, 2012
let's review how we got here.
you claimed Christ never called Himself God.
Magenta pointed out that the Jews explicitly said they tried to kill Christ because Christ represented Himself as God Himself to them.
you replied 'that was a different time'

so this isn't, you let one person borrow something and then a different person at a different time took it.
this is, Bill borrowed the car just as you'd told him he could, and then you called the police and reported it stolen, to get Bill arrested.
She used a different passage, from a later time and a different conversation to validate why they were stoning Him previously. That's how we got here. I never claimed He isn't divine, nor that He never claimed it. He simply never said, "I am Jehovah, the Father." That is the argument.

Nov 26, 2012
Now I am no longer in the world
(John 17:11)
He says this while He is in the garden, the night before He lays down His life.
how can He say He is no longer in the world while to all appearances He is still in the world?

Behold!
There appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces!
(Genesis 15:17)
this is Yah Himself passing through the pieces establishing His covenant to Abraham
why is He manifest as two things filled with fire and light and smoke, instead of just one?

because we understand that the scripture is telling us marvelous things, not simple things, according to God's wisdom, not human wisdom. if you look through that thread you will see that there is evidence all over the whole Bible of this.

Do you not yet understand, or remember the five loaves of the five thousand and how many baskets you took up?
Nor the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many large baskets you took up?
(Matthew 16:9-10)
yes it is absolutely a math problem. but it is much higher math than you suppose.
God is not measured by the L2 norm in Euclidean integer space.
if you want to measure Him, you need a topological algebra capable of describing Him. simple 1 + 1 doesn't do this. He is infinite.
infinity plus infinity equals infinity.
1*1*1 = 1
can you justify why you use "+" and define what "+" means when operated on infinite deity? describe the working space? establish its boundaries and show your measure is piecewise integrable?
Let's calculate. If I say I am a father, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a boss, I am an employee. I am not 5 people. This is my manifestation of me singular into separate roles plural. That is what many try to argue Jehovah is, singular in three roles. My whole argument is that Jehovah is singular, Christ is singular and Spirit is singular, all in One role. We are separate the Bride, One in Christ. We are not Yeshua. We are the functioning Body of Yeshua. A husband and wife are individual. In marriage they are one singular. I am not my wife, she is not me. We are one though. The illustration is painted all through scripture. It's not complex math. I never slighted the divinity of Christ. Over and over He Himself declares Jehovah as His Father and Him the Son, individual yet singular.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
She used a different passage, from a later time and a different conversation to validate why they were stoning Him previously. That's how we got here. I never claimed He isn't divine, nor that He never claimed it. He simply never said, "I am Jehovah, the Father." That is the argument.
ok so why were they trying to stone Him in John 8:58-59?
what did He say that would make a devout follower of Moses immediately try to put Him to death?

and what is different about John 10?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Who did this?

Genesis 1
New King James Version
The History of Creation(A)
1 In the (B)beginning (C)God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was (D)without form, and void; and darkness [a]was on the face of the deep. (E)And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 (F)Then God said, (G)“Let there be (H)light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the (I)darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 Then God said, (J)“Let there be a [c]firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, (K)and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were (L)above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 Then God said, (M)“Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and (N)let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the earth (O)bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the (P)fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 Then God said, “Let there be (Q)lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and (R)seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great [d]lights: the (S)greater light to rule the day, and the (T)lesser light to rule the night. He made (U)the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the (V)heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to (W)rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living [e]creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the [f]firmament of the heavens.” 21 So (X)God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, (Y)“Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23 So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, (Z)“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; (AA)let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over [g]all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man (AB)in His own image; in the image of God He created him; (AC)male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, (AD)“Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and (AE)subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that [h]moves on the earth.”

29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; (AF)to you it shall be for food. 30 Also, to (AG)every beast of the earth, to every (AH)bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. 31 Then (AI)God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Nov 26, 2012
Who did this?

Genesis 1
New King James Version
The History of Creation(A)
1 In the (B)beginning (C)God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was (D)without form, and void; and darkness [a]was on the face of the deep. (E)And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 (F)Then God said, (G)“Let there be (H)light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the (I)darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 Then God said, (J)“Let there be a [c]firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, (K)and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were (L)above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 Then God said, (M)“Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and (N)let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the earth (O)bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the (P)fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 Then God said, “Let there be (Q)lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and (R)seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great [d]lights: the (S)greater light to rule the day, and the (T)lesser light to rule the night. He made (U)the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the (V)heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to (W)rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living [e]creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the [f]firmament of the heavens.” 21 So (X)God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, (Y)“Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23 So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, (Z)“Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; (AA)let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over [g]all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man (AB)in His own image; in the image of God He created him; (AC)male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, (AD)“Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and (AE)subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that [h]moves on the earth.”

29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; (AF)to you it shall be for food. 30 Also, to (AG)every beast of the earth, to every (AH)bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. 31 Then (AI)God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Chapter 1
God
אֱלֹהִ֑ים (’ĕ·lō·hîm)
Noun - masculine plural
Strong's Hebrew 430: 1) (plural) 1a) rulers, judges 1b) divine ones 1c) angels 1d) gods 2) (plural intensive-singular meaning) 2a) god, goddess 2b) godlike one 2c) works or special possessions of God 2d) the (true) God 2e) God

Chapter 2

the LORD
יְהוָ֤ה (Yah·weh)
Noun - proper - masculine singular
Strong's Hebrew 3068: Jehovah = 'the existing One' 1) the proper name of the one true God 1a) unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of H0136

God
אֱלֹהִים֙ (’ĕ·lō·hîm)
Noun - masculine plural
Strong's Hebrew 430: 1) (plural) 1a) rulers, judges 1b) divine ones 1c) angels 1d) gods 2) (plural intensive-singular meaning) 2a) god, goddess 2b) godlike one 2c) works or special possessions of God 2d) the (true) God 2e) God

Why if there is no difference between Yahweh (Translated Lord) and God (translated elohim) do they show separation? From what I have deduced it’s because there is a distinction.