Why Daniel's 70th week must be in the future

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
As I stated, ONE OF MANY, I have destroyed you on this case you are WRONG.
If you are going to be "out to destroy others" (with an 'attitude'), then perhaps everyone should treat you like a "hostile witness" in a courtroom.

The only thing you are destroying is your reputation.

"Just sayin'..."

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
The first question we must ask is this: "Has everlasting righteousness been established in (a) Jerusalem, (b) Israel, and (c) the whole world?" and the resounding answer is "NO!" That should settle the matter right there.
YES!

The church is the kingdom. Israel was a lesser kingdom, but is gone along with its earthly temple. The spiritual temple of God with Jesus Christ as cornerstone is what exists today. The church/kingdom is found throughout the whole world. This is a greater kingdom than before.

You are thinking earthly/literal. 'If you cannot understand earthly things how can you understand heavenly things?' John 3:12

We are to be spiritual in our thinking.
Remember Jesus said, "my Kingdom is not of this world", John 18:36

The church is a spiritual kingdom that reigns in this world. Those who belong to this kingdom have everlasting righteousness. We are born again today! We are victorious over this world today because of our faith and love in Christ Jesus!! God dwells with us now through His Holy Spirit.

Acts 20:25-29
25 And now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again. 26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all, 27 for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God. 28 Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood. 29 I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;

Humble yourself, and He will exalt you!!!

You know that we, God's Children, love when we are humbled. So love it!!!!!!! Don't remain in your pride.

Humble yourself and confess your pride and error in this thread!!!

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Out of those 490 years 483 years were fulfilled at the crucifixion of Christ (when Messiah was cut off, but not for Himself).
Actually, 483 years [only] takes you up to the start of the ministry of Jesus. ("unto the Messiah the Prince" - Daniel 9:25)

This is when He "shows up on the scene" as being identified as the Messiah - which is at His baptism - which marks the beginning of His ministry.

The phrase 'cut off' in verse 26 is referring to the end of His ministry.

verse 25 ===> start of His ministry
verse 26 ===> end of His ministry

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Somebody tell AandW (he is on ignore) that the entire nation Israel did not receive their Messiah Jesus at 70 A.D. Somebody tell GaryA too. And Dino.
:D:LOL::ROFL:

You are a funny guy...

If you have people on ignore - it does not mean that they cannot read your posts.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
YES!

The church is the kingdom. Israel was a lesser kingdom, but is gone along with its earthly temple. The spiritual temple of God with Jesus Christ as cornerstone is what exists today. The church/kingdom is found throughout the whole world. This is a greater kingdom than before.

You are thinking earthly/literal. 'If you cannot understand earthly things how can you understand heavenly things?' John 3:12

We are to be spiritual in our thinking.
Remember Jesus said, "my Kingdom is not of this world", John 18:36

The church is a spiritual kingdom that reigns in this world. Those who belong to this kingdom have everlasting righteousness. We are born again today! We are victorious over this world today because of our faith and love in Christ Jesus!! God dwells with us now through His Holy Spirit.
No, the Church is full of sinners who need God's grace. Thus there is yet to be set up EVERLASTING RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
If you are going to be "out to destroy others" (with an 'attitude'), then perhaps everyone should treat you like a "hostile witness" in a courtroom.

The only thing you are destroying is your reputation.

"Just sayin'..."
I am out to destroy False Testimony that leads other Christians astray and down rabbit holes. So, your misunderstandings need to be destroyed, and the Holy Spirits' truth will always do just that. I hope you don't think your untruths should stand !!

God says different, you have been warned you are teaching untruths, God will not look at your doings on this earth lightly, because have warned you. You are not called to prophecy, PERIOD. You basically have zero understanding of prophecy, anyone who can't understand the 70th week prophecy should retire from ever debating prophecy, it's something so simple I could teach it to 10-year-olds.

You have been warned, thus if you keep it up, God will bring that before you on judgment day. It is what it is.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I realize I am late to this thread but it caught my attention as it is something I am researching right now. Anyone who studies bible prophecy knows to look to Israel now many believe Israel coming back to it's land as was prophesied would happen began the countdown to the end times. Now something important to know about is how God's clock works via the shemitah a seven year cycle and the shemitah year is the seventh of the seven year. Daniels 70th week is a well known end times event but a week in this sense represents seven years.
1952 was the first shemitah Israel celebrated since coming back to it's land

Now consider the times we are in now many say we are about to into the tribulation period more and more people are saying this and that the time of Jacobs trouble is drawing close and if by following the shemitah they would be wise to assume so.
If you add 70 to 1952 you get 2022 and this shemitah year happens to be the 70th one since Israel came back to it's land coincidence or not the numbers don't lie. of course there is also a chance nothing happens biblically however I do find this very interesting as I hope others do to it certaintly is worth looking into if you ask me

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
No, the Church is full of sinners who need God's grace. Thus there is yet to be set up EVERLASTING RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Heaven is (or will be) full of sinners too.
What you are suggesting is that we need God's grace now, but we won't need God's grace forever.
I see it differently. We need God's grace now and forever. Even if we stop sinning now, we are condemned for our past sins. Only the blood of Christ applied now and forevermore that we have eternal life.

Thus, the kingdom has already begun in heaven and here on earth.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
I realize I am late to this thread but it caught my attention as it is something I am researching right now. Anyone who studies bible prophecy knows to look to Israel now many believe Israel coming back to it's land as was prophesied would happen began the countdown to the end times. Now something important to know about is how God's clock works via the shemitah a seven year cycle and the shemitah year is the seventh of the seven year. Daniels 70th week is a well known end times event but a week in this sense represents seven years.
1952 was the first shemitah Israel celebrated since coming back to it's land

Now consider the times we are in now many say we are about to into the tribulation period more and more people are saying this and that the time of Jacobs trouble is drawing close and if by following the shemitah they would be wise to assume so.
If you add 70 to 1952 you get 2022 and this shemitah year happens to be the 70th one since Israel came back to it's land coincidence or not the numbers don't lie. of course there is also a chance nothing happens biblically however I do find this very interesting as I hope others do to it certaintly is worth looking into if you ask me
I wouldn't worry about the whole 70-year stuff brother as per the TIME CLOCK. It is an erroneous understanding. Look at the Parable of the FigTree, what does it really say? It says whatever Generation sees ALL THESE SIGNS, thus what were the signs and who saw the LAST SIGN Jesus gave? It's just that simple.

The Temples destruction, the Earthquakes, the Famine, the Wars, the Sorrows. The fake christs of verse 5, the false prophets of verse 11 the AoD of verse 15, the Troubles of verse 21, THE Anti-Christ and False Prophet of verse 24.

AND finally, the Sun and Moon go dark in verses 29-31, so that is the LAST SIGN Jesus gives us about what happens just before his Second Coming? It's the 70th Week Asteroid Impact as seen in Rev. chapter 8, that causes the Sun and Moon to go dark !! Thus the GENERATION that sees the Asteroid Impact in the middle of the 70th week will be THAT GENERATION (of Jews) that sees Jesus return 3 1/2 years later to save them, OF COURSE !!

We overthink these things, to be honest.

These shemitas may very well have a pace in God's thinking, but we can understand what THAT GENERATION is by looking at all the signs brother Blain.

By 2035 Jesus will be ruling with an Iron Rod on this earth. Pastor Jimmy Evans seems to think all of the wicked who survive will be made to live under Jesus Iron Rd of rule for 1000 years, then when Satan is released they follow their god of mischief once again !! To be honest, I would love to see these know it all liberal, wicked men of today gave to serve under Jesus Christ Iron Rule for 1000 years, that would be so funny to me. Oh well, I hope he's right. Jesus rule will be proof their utopia was our ignorance.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
Heaven is (or will be) full of sinners too.
What you are suggesting is that we need God's grace now, but we won't need God's grace forever.
I see it differently. We need God's grace now and forever. Even if we stop sinning now, we are condemned for our past sins. Only the blood of Christ applied now and forevermore that we have eternal life.

Thus, the kingdom has already begun in heaven and here on earth.
Heaven will not have ANY SIN, where do you guys get this stuff brother? Why do you think Jesus told Mary TOUCH ME NOT when she saw him after the Resurrection? He had not yet ascended unto the Father to offer the Sacrifice, thus Mary merely touching Jesus would have defiled the Sacrfice !! Why do you think Jesus said "My God, my God, why have you forsaken (left) me? when he was on the cross? Because when all of our sins was upon Jesus The Holy Spirit of God had to leave. Remember what God told Moses? He would die if he merely looked upon God's holiness, remember the 70 who died when the Ark of the Covenant was looked into? God CAN NOT abide sin, His holy Presence would annihilate it, we do not go to Heaven in our Flesh Bodies, we go to Heaven as Spirit men, then we get our Glorious bodies in Heaven, our sins are all washed in the blood, that is why the 10 Brides are called Virgins !! We are made chaste by the Lamb's Blood, Amen.

We will have new bodies to go with the NEW CREATURE God created in us a spotless Sin-Free Spirit man in Christ Jesus. Now, we will always understand God's mercy, unlike the Angels, but we will not have sin in Heaven my friend.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
He had not yet ascended unto the Father to offer the Sacrifice, thus Mary merely touching Jesus would have defiled the Sacrfice !! Why do you think Jesus said "My God, my God, why have you forsaken (left) me? when he was on the cross?
The sacrifice was "offered" [while He was] on the cross.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I am out to destroy False Testimony that leads other Christians astray and down rabbit holes. So, your misunderstandings need to be destroyed, and the Holy Spirits' truth will always do just that. I hope you don't think your untruths should stand !!

God says different, you have been warned you are teaching untruths, God will not look at your doings on this earth lightly, because have warned you. You are not called to prophecy, PERIOD. You basically have zero understanding of prophecy, anyone who can't understand the 70th week prophecy should retire from ever debating prophecy, it's something so simple I could teach it to 10-year-olds.

You have been warned, thus if you keep it up, God will bring that before you on judgment day. It is what it is.
You need to start with 'self'... :geek:

If I discovered - or even thought - that I was in error --- I would search out the truth - to replace what I believed that was wrong - so that it would then be right.

I am pretty sure that your Judgment Day will be "interesting" to say the least...

;)

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
You need to start with 'self'... :geek:

If I discovered - or even thought - that I was in error --- I would search out the truth - to replace what I believed that was wrong - so that it would then be right.

I am pretty sure that your Judgment Day will be "interesting" to say the least...

;)
"...with fear and trembling" is always the way to go. I'm afraid even to be so proud.

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
God says different ....

your understanding of the Bible says different.

but what does the Bible/(Words of God?) also "say" ?

"for now we see through a glass darkly"

"now we know in part and prophesy in part"

which part are you prophesying today ?

which parts could still be missing from your knowledge ?

how will we (you, me, anyone) learn them if we (you, me, anyone) are too against others around and before us

who might be in procession (for all we know [1 Corinthians 13:12]) of another piece or even pieces of the picture

-- which -- we (any, one of us) might not yet know -- because we.see (can often) -- darkly

here -- and very much -------- in part (not whole).

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
If someone were to write a post saying bad things about you - and 'ignored' you - and you were prevented from reading that post --- would you think about it differently?

It's only about choosing to "not see"...

And, everyone has the same choice.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I wouldn't worry about the whole 70-year stuff brother as per the TIME CLOCK. It is an erroneous understanding. Look at the Parable of the FigTree, what does it really say? It says whatever Generation sees ALL THESE SIGNS, thus what were the signs and who saw the LAST SIGN Jesus gave? It's just that simple.

The Temples destruction, the Earthquakes, the Famine, the Wars, the Sorrows. The fake christs of verse 5, the false prophets of verse 11 the AoD of verse 15, the Troubles of verse 21, THE Anti-Christ and False Prophet of verse 24.

AND finally, the Sun and Moon go dark in verses 29-31, so that is the LAST SIGN Jesus gives us about what happens just before his Second Coming? It's the 70th Week Asteroid Impact as seen in Rev. chapter 8, that causes the Sun and Moon to go dark !! Thus the GENERATION that sees the Asteroid Impact in the middle of the 70th week will be THAT GENERATION (of Jews) that sees Jesus return 3 1/2 years later to save them, OF COURSE !!

We overthink these things, to be honest.

These shemitas may very well have a pace in God's thinking, but we can understand what THAT GENERATION is by looking at all the signs brother Blain.

By 2035 Jesus will be ruling with an Iron Rod on this earth. Pastor Jimmy Evans seems to think all of the wicked who survive will be made to live under Jesus Iron Rd of rule for 1000 years, then when Satan is released they follow their god of mischief once again !! To be honest, I would love to see these know it all liberal, wicked men of today gave to serve under Jesus Christ Iron Rule for 1000 years, that would be so funny to me. Oh well, I hope he's right. Jesus rule will be proof their utopia was our ignorance.
To be honest while I am not for sure these things will happen soon or not I have had this urging inside to look into these things and in my searching learned many things the shemitah being one of them. The generation that sees all these things is this generation but a generation is a specific clue because it is said that a generation is 70 to 80 years if say I am right then perhaps God lead me to search all this for a reason but if not then at least I learned a lot from doing so. All I know is that God gaved me a deep urging to look deeper into this as far as overcomplicating things normally yes we do tend to overcomplicate things but bible prophecy is in itself complicated it is never simple and that is why I love studying it so much it is rich with study and requires dedication to understand.

Of course in my studies the rapture has of course been brought up but the rapture is not what I am researching but I do think we are at the door of the tribulation and now more than ever I think it wise to look deeper into these matters doing our studies and research