Why did God create us

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Why did God create us if we are all bad. Like we are all completely bad and horrible. Why did God create us?

Jun 4, 2019
Why did God create us if we are all bad. Like we are all completely bad and horrible. Why did God create us?
God made everything in creation for his pleasure. He appointed man to become sinners so that he may then demonstrate his mercy and forgiveness to some, while demonstrate his power and wrath against others.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Since mankind was the second recorded “order” of creation, after the angels, it would seem we were created, in part, as a response to the angelic conflict. With Lucifer railing accusations towards God, about His fairness, etc., as portrayed especially in Job, it would seem God’s reply to Satan is that you are wrong, I am right, man in his freedom will prove it.

No matter how bleak this world appears, God’s love will endure, transform, sustain and overcome any and all attempts to thwart or counterfeit the real deal.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi Umzza, God didn't create us "bad", He created us in His very image, and upright (as the preacher later tells us).

Genesis 1
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Ecclesiastes 7
29 Behold, I have found only this, that God made men upright, but they have sought out many devices.

If the reason that we are all sinners is because God ~made us~ that way from the get-go, then how could He possibly hold unbelievers accountable for the sins that they commit at the Judgment :unsure: Rather, we are born with an inclination to sin because we are the begotten children of our fallen progenitors, Adam and Eve, who chose to disobey God's commandment to them and became sinners when they did.

~Deut
p.s. - as for the "meaning of life" (if that's what you are looking for as well), I can think of no better or more concise definition than this one from the Westminster Shorter Catechism, Q & A #1 (from the Westminster Standards).

Q. What is the chief end of man?
A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever.

~http://www.apuritansmind.com/westminster-standards/shorter-catechism/

Jan 12, 2019
Reminds me of that scene in Prometheus, where a similar question was asked. :)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Since mankind was the second recorded “order” of creation, after the angels, it would seem we were created, in part, as a response to the angelic conflict. With Lucifer railing accusations towards God, about His fairness, etc., as portrayed especially in Job, it would seem God’s reply to Satan is that you are wrong, I am right, man in his freedom will prove it.
Yes I agree.. I believe the Universe and all in it was created by God as an area for the great controversy between His and Lucifer to be settled.. Humanity plays it's part in the controversy by deciding who they will embrace and who they will reject.. The will of God or the objectives of satan..

God allowed satan to sabotage His creation so that God could demonstrate to the heavenly host His awesome wisdom ,power and love in Redeeming His creation and thus defeating the satanic rebellion and at the same time establishing a perfect eternal existence..

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Yes I agree.. I believe the Universe and all in it was created by God as an area for the great controversy between His and Lucifer to be settled.. Humanity plays it's part in the controversy by deciding who they will embrace and who they will reject.. The will of God or the objectives of satan..

God allowed satan to sabotage His creation so that God could demonstrate to the heavenly host His awesome wisdom ,power and love in Redeeming His creation and thus defeating the satanic rebellion and at the same time establishing a perfect eternal existence..
I don’t find many folk who see this same context.

Jayking94

May 10, 2019
Well as god is all knowing, surely he created the angels including Lucifer in the pretense that he would create man after only to submit us to tests to see if we are worthy. But why even create Lucifer with the knowledge that he would become what he did? Sounds a little cruel to me. Plus being all knowing he would know exactly how each of us would turn out ie worthy or not so to claim free will is a bit concerning as he would create us the way are knowing how we will act thus no free will as we will act the way we are made.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Perfection seeks perfection. But if feigned, subjugated or robotically achieved, it falls short. A degree of freedom must be present to choose that path. There is danger and reward when freedom is involved, but I see no alternative.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
A VERY good quote that will answer your question is:

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.....Soren Kierkegaard

WAITING is the most essential and toughest virtue to accept.