Matthew 12:31
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Interesting!!
Matthew 12:31
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Why did God kill Ananias and Sapphira? What is your take?
You are right in that the text does not say who killed them but it is implied that God killed them.Was it God or there own surprise to how did Peter know? Shock causes heart-attacks
Behold, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out as well.
They lied to impress others but were accused of lying to God. It reminds me of the story of Achan (Joshua 7) who stole Silver, gold and a nice rob. It caused trouble for Israel as they fled before their enemies. In the end Achan, his household and possessions where killed, burned and buried. I wonder if the story of Achan is related to Ananias and Sapphira?
I think this is not the reason they were killed. Disobeying the Holy Spirit does not always or even usually result in death, for God has other ways of punishing us.That was directed at the Holy Spirit and they lost their lives on earth because of it.
Why did God kill Ananias and Sapphira? What is your take?
I agree that they had more than sinned; they shewed that they despised the church before the apostles. Yet the issue is that so many do that same thing today - they show contempt for holy things - what about the antichrist power that Paul says will arise in 2Th 2:3? Why wasn't that cut down in its prime if it was also so blasphemous?" And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven." (Mt 12:31)
Blasphemy: to speak evil of; to disrespect; to insulting or to show contempt
They had blasphemed (degraded, disrespected) the Spirit by their deceptiveness. I'm assuming since these two obviously had no fear of God, that they acted as an example to th congregation and a reminder to fear th Lord and to respect th Spirit.
I agree that they had more than sinned; they shewed that they despised the church before the apostles. Yet the issue is that so many do that same thing today - they show contempt for holy things - what about the antichrist power that Paul says will arise in 2Th 2:3? Why wasn't that cut down in its prime if it was also so blasphemous?
I can't help but think that this was for the same reason as Pharaoh was struck down and killed, so
Rom 9:17 "For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth."