Why Did God Turn His Back? POLL

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Why Did God Turn His Back On Jesus?

• He couldn't stand seeing Jesus nailed to the cross

• He didn't see Jesus as his son anymore

• He couldn't stand to look at the sin of the world upon Jesus

• He didn't want to hear Jesus in pain

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
A PROPHETIC WORD UNTO YOU.. I AM NOT COMING UNTO YOU AS "CHRIST" I AM COMING UNTO YOU AS not only Thy ELECT SISTER, in whom YAHOSHUA, has said to GREET THEE. She is also sent unto you as My BRIDE.. This is why I said NOT TO LISTEN TO MAN, because I WAS SENDING YOU A "WOMAN" who has come unto you to TESTIFY of WHO I AM, unto the CHURCHES, have you not READ? Saith YAHOSHUA, who is Christ, unto YOU, and unto the JEWS, i AM, MESSIAH, fulfilling the FATHER Scriptures...Revelation 22:16-17 I YAHOSHUA HAVE SENT MINE “ANGEL", [which means a messenger] TO TESTIFY UNTO YOU THESE THINGS IN THE “CHURCHES”. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. AND THE “SPIRIT”, [who I AM, saith YAHOSHUA] and the “BRIDE” [who she is, who is speaking to you now] SAY COME. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. 2 John 1:12-13 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full. The children of Thy Elect Sister GREET THEE. Amen.

Now, I tell you this truth. I have come unto you to tell you the SECRETS and MYSTERIES that I had promised to bring unto you, have you not READ? And I have also brought unto you, YOUR VISITATION, have you not READ? Fulfilling the FATHER Scriptures.. Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord 'thy Father’ will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints. Luke 8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad. Matthew 13:35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the ‘MYSTERY’, which from the ‘BEGINNING’ of the world hath been hid in ‘the Father’, who “CREATED’ all things by Yahoshua Christ.

Luke 19:40-44 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

So not allow YOURSELF TO AWAKEN, in a PLACE YOU HAVE NO IDEA, WHEN, WHERE or HOW YOU GOT THERE, saith YAHOSHUA.. For you truly do not know WHO I AM, by My NAME, and it is ONLY THROUGH MY NAME, can you be SAVED, have you not READ? Saith YAHOSHUA, fulfilling the FATHER Scriptures. John 10:1-5 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

For now you have been WARNED, and I have kept My PROMISE to make these things that were kept from you ,made known unto you, saith YAHOSHUA.. Listen to My WORDS, for they are SPIRIT and they are TRUTH. For they have only been making you to THINK that you are saved through ME, until you AWAKEN in a PLACE you have not IDEA, how you GOT THERE, saith YAHOSHUA, have you not read, fulfilling the FATHER Scriptures.. Jeremiah 4:20-22 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment. How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet? For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge. Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Shalom
Just a reminder and a word of caution to you....Read Jeremiah 23 and also Jer. 29 for starters, and let that sink in and open your ears and hear what God has to say about this.

God is against those that say they come in his name and speak his words when they do not. He is against all those who claim that he has sent them to speak his words when he has not. So I would suggest you weigh your words cautiously and just remember it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Why Did God Turn His Back On Jesus?
If this is a reference to Psalm 22, then that is not exactly what we read. The words of Christ as recorded in the Hebrew are:
אֵלִ֣י אֵ֭לִי לָמָ֣ה עֲזַבְתָּ֑נִי (Eli Eli lamah azabtani) = My God, my God, why have you forsaken* me.

*Strong's Concordance
azab: self
Original Word: עָזַב
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: azab
Phonetic Spelling: (aw-zab')
Definition: to leave, forsake, loose

Brown-Driver-Briggs
I. עָזַב213 verb leave, forsake, loose

So this was not simply God the Father turning His back on God the Son. It was an actual -- but temporary -- forsaking or leaving.

When God placed all the sins of the world on Christ's holy soul, "He was made Sin for us". And sin had to be judged, since the wrath of God against sin is an expression of His holiness and righteousness. Therefore while the Lamb of God was being made Sin for mankind, the Father forsook the Son and judged Him in place of all sinners. Which means that Christ suffered all the torments of separation from God for those three dark hours on the Cross. That was in reality a forsaking of the Son, until the full penalty for sins had been paid. Only after that did Christ say "It is finished".

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
A PROPHETIC WORD UNTO YOU.. I AM NOT COMING UNTO YOU AS "CHRIST" I AM COMING UNTO YOU AS not only Thy ELECT SISTER...
You are making some rather lofty claims for yourself. The days of genuine prophets and prophetesses are over.

The apostle John, who wrote the last prophetic book, which is also the last book of the Bible, was the last genuine prophet. The apostles and prophets are to be found in Scripture alone.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Matthew 27:54
54 Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, “Truly this was [a]the Son of God!”

Suggest you open a bible and read it.
Exactly my point! But you didn't say that! You send "some centurions" which is more than one. I quoted the post. You obviously do not read what you have written. Why am I surprised you didn't read what I have written?

Or do you want me to go back again, and pull up YOUR post, repeat, rinse??

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Exactly my point! But you didn't say that! You send "some centurions" which is more than one. I quoted the post. You obviously do not read what you have written. Why am I surprised you didn't read what I have written?

Right, I should have said THE CENTURIAN. Happy?

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
What? You don't see the difference between singular and plural? Think it is a joke to exaggerate what the Bible says? All languages differentiate between singular and plural, not sure why you think you can move from the definite article "the" to the indefinite "some." They are not the same!

There was also something else not right with your post, that being:

"Jesus in pain had the thought that the Father had forsaken Him, but God had not turned His back."

I still do not see anywhere in the Bible it said "Jesus had a thought on the cross, about his forsakenness." Now, if that is your answer to the OP, that it was only a thought, then show where the Bible says that. Of course it is not there, so it will be difficult to do. Here is what p_rehbein quoted in post 119:

"Jesus’ exclamation of Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani is translated, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Christ was not just expressing anguish and dismay. God did forsake Christ, as He hung on the stake. But, it is vital to understand why.
In Romans 3:23, the apostle Paul explains that all humans have sinned. Romans 6:23 further explains, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Therefore the penalty of sin, the transgressing—the breaking—of God’s Law, is death.
The apostle John wrote, “Now we know that God hears not sinners: but if any man be a worshiper of God, and does His will, He hears him” (John 9:31). The prophet Isaiah wrote, “Behold, the LORD’S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear” (59:1-2). Sin cuts one off from God."

No thoughts there. But feel free to defend your idea that it was only a thought!

Stick to the facts, stop exaggerating, (or, as I prefer to say - lying) and you will be much better off.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
God didn't turn His back on the Lord Jesus. Ever. Not even for a second.

The Lord Jesus was teaching all of us while being crucified. He was quoting psalm 22.

At the same time He was reinforcing this;

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.