Why did the Most High God create sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
Are people here denying that God created everything?
Yes, God gives us AND Angels Free Will, thus we latch on to Evil. God didn't create Himse;f, he is, of course, Eternal, so if God is Eternal he has to have an opposite, most people do not get tat the Anti-Christ SPIRIT is also Eternal and had no Creation point, Satan harkened unto that anti-God spirit also, anything that is against God's will is anti-God, thus just like God has always been and is love, joy, and peace, the opposite of God is Evil, hate, depression, chaos.

You can't have God (who is a Spirit) without having an OPPOSITE Eternal Spirit also. So, no one really created Evil, it is eternal just like God, it's the opposite of God. It's never really spoken of, except when the anti-Christ spirit is mentioned.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You can't have God (who is a Spirit) without having an OPPOSITE Eternal Spirit also.
Scripture, please. Oh, wait a minute... such does not exist.

So, never mind. This idea you are trying to float has no basis in Scripture.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
Scripture, please. Oh, wait a minute... such does not exist.

So, never mind. This idea you are trying to float has no basis in Scripture.
If you don't understand the opposite of God has to exist else God can't be called Holy then I can't help you. To me that is like those who actually believe the Universe is 6000 years old, they don't think logically. Of course, God is an Eternal Holy Spirit and the opposite Spirit of God is an Eternal Evil Spirit.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If you don't understand the opposite of God has to exist else God can't be called Holy then I can't help you.
To me that is like those who actually believe the Universe is 6000 years old, they don't think logically.
Of course, God is an Eternal Holy Spirit and the opposite Spirit of God is an Eternal Evil Spirit.
There is no Scriptural basis for what you are proposing/promoting, and if you cannot accept this, I cannot help you.

Furthermore, you are claiming God cannot exist unless something else besides Him does.

If you cannot see how wrong that is, you are lost.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Awe, the old origins of evil discussion.

L

Live4Him

Scripture tells us God did create evil.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

When God created our earth, there had to be an up in order to have a down. There had to be evil in order to have good.

Evil was contained until the disobedience of Adam and Eve. As soon as it was let loose, the Lord gave a plan so that it would not result in our death.
I was fully expecting somebody to misapply this verse.

Here, we see two contrasts:

1. Light vs. darkness.
2. Peace vs. evil.

In other words, the type of "evil" being spoken of here is the opposite of peace.

God oftentimes causes unrest via chastening.

For example, in this same book of Isaiah, we read:

Isaiah chapter 10

[5] O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
[6] I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.

Here, God used the king of Assyria as "the rod of his anger" or as the means by which he brought chastisement upon the hypocritical nation of Israel.

THIS is the type of "evil" that God "creates", and not what you're talking about.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I was fully expecting somebody to misapply this verse.

Here, we see two contrasts:

1. Light vs. darkness.
2. Peace vs. evil.

In other words, the type of "evil" being spoken of here is the opposite of peace.

God oftentimes causes unrest via chastening.

For example, in this same book of Isaiah, we read:

Isaiah chapter 10

[5] O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
[6] I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.

Here, God used the king of Assyria as "the rod of his anger" or as the means by which he brought chastisement upon the hypocritical nation of Israel.

THIS is the type of "evil" that God "creates", and not what you're talking about.
You are saying that the word evil should not be interpreted as evil, but qualified. I do not have the understanding of the original Hebrew for this verse in Isaiah, but if you think that word is qualified, please give on what you base your interpretation.

The scripture you gives does not say that God did not create evil.

Jan 15, 2021
God allowed for the potential of sin. He did not create it. Sin is a lack of goodness, not a material thing.

Sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also
death was passed on to all men, because all sinned.
Romans 5:12
God created EVERYTHING.

Jan 15, 2021
Yes, God gives us AND Angels Free Will, thus we latch on to Evil. God didn't create Himse;f, he is, of course, Eternal, so if God is Eternal he has to have an opposite, most people do not get tat the Anti-Christ SPIRIT is also Eternal and had no Creation point, Satan harkened unto that anti-God spirit also, anything that is against God's will is anti-God, thus just like God has always been and is love, joy, and peace, the opposite of God is Evil, hate, depression, chaos.

You can't have God (who is a Spirit) without having an OPPOSITE Eternal Spirit also. So, no one really created Evil, it is eternal just like God, it's the opposite of God. It's never really spoken of, except when the anti-Christ spirit is mentioned.
We don't have free will.

E

eternally-gratefull

He did not create sin per say, but he created free will, if he did not create free will and the freedom to chose. We would all be robots type creature living like animals which could only do what he wanted

in creating free will he created the ability to serve self and not him and others

serving self is where sin comes from

adam and Eve served self,

cain served self

Dec 9, 2011
I think sin was a Result/came Into being FOR man through Adam because of his disobedience to GODs voice.I believe that anything that's contrary to GODs standard of righteousness Is sin.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Are people here denying that God created everything?
Yes God created everything yet this is whats written "You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you. " This is where sin started. God had no hand in it nor did He just stand by and allow it.

What your saying regarding to why GOD created sin its not simple to answer. To just say no He didn't does not even touch it. We know darkness there is no light we know with the Father there is no darkness whatsoever. So when God created and creates its all life its all perfect. What God does not do can not do is create puppets/slaves. You think you have a choice in this life just because you and I were born in to sin?

I didn't read it here but this kind of thinking is how God gets blamed.. its His fault not ours. I mean no offense but we need to know we need to understand. Not believe because so and so said this or that .. that we just agree with. Know God.. His nature His attributes so forth so on. We know our spouse best friend again so forth so on because we spend time with them..we want to know all about them. What they like don't like, what makes them laugh. Question.. what do you do that you know makes your Father laugh?

Talking about God made sin and just where is He, Christ, sweet holy Spirit? In us. Hes not hiding any of this from us. Hes real. When I was young I would only talk praise to Jesus. I started to get these thoughts out of no where "what about the Father?" When I was young and much older there was no Internet.. my Dad watched the TV and what he wanted on 3+1 channels. So I would always listen to Christian music and read the bible and pray. The bible was all I ever read. Sound holy but.. I hated reading and that was all I would read lol. Then have dreams like seeing my self look up and saw angels flying across the deep dark blue sky singing. Oh never heard music like that and at that time never new they had wings.

Point is not about me but.. taking the time to KNOW Him. He is the most perfect kind wonderful awesome gentleman (not a man but you know what I mean) there is. In the end you/we have to take the time to know Him. As we read pray through Him talking and always backing it up by His word He shows you. Has to come from our heart..we have to MEAN IT.

And NO I don't think I know Him.. Hes GOD hello! man every time I do think I know Him.. He shows me something.. just mind blowing to.. wow I still don't truly know you.. every time makes you hunger for more of Him.

Apr 15, 2021
So in my opinion, God created the heavens and the earth and all that dwelleth therein in 6 days, and not on any of these days was there a record of God creating SIN. Sin is of the devil, and it wasn't actually "created" but it was introduced through pride. At the end of creation, God looked at everything he creted amd and said it was good. Sin can never be good in the sight of God, so obviously it's not part of His creation. God bless you Sister for your wonderful question.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
We must remember what the essence of sin really is. Sin is rebellion against God. God did not rebel against Himself. He gave his creation a choice, and...

Sin entered when they chose to oppose Him.