Why did the Most High God create sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 20, 2021
:rolleyes:,,oh boy! Racoons think they know everthing.,,
“I and my Father are one.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10:30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when was Jesus born a son of man ? And what did Jesus repent of ?
he was born of Mary...and its a very common phase 4 Jesus.And Gen 6:6 It repented the lord that he made man

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
:rolleyes:,,oh boy! Racoons think they know everthing.,,

he was born of Mary...and its a very common phase 4 Jesus.And Gen 6:6 It repented the lord that he made man
yep Mary is a member of
Mankind . And Jesus was born of David’s line which is where the phrase son of man originated David’s son would sit on the throne forever and rule forever from one end of earth to the other

Christ being born was the fulfillment of the ot prophecies regarding the son of man

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
“Sin” is an archery term. It’s a term of art. It literally means “to miss the mark”. God did not create “sin”, He establishes the standard by which the behaviors and hearts of men are judged. At one time the standard was the Law. Now, the standard is the Son who “only does what He sees His Father doing”. Any change in standard is clearly communicated to the spirits of men.

Hebrews 12:23,24 “..23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.”

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“Sin” is an archery term. It’s a term of art. It literally means “to miss the mark”. God did not create “sin”, He establishes the standard by which the behaviors and hearts of men are judged. At one time the standard was the Law. Now, the standard is the Son who “only does what He sees His Father doing”. Any change in standard is clearly communicated to the spirits of men.

Hebrews 12:23,24 “..23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.”
“And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:30-31‬ ‭

Aug 20, 2021

well not sure that it was ever the law..it was written in old t,, the just shall live buy faith.an also faith was counted as righteousness.

Justified

Jul 13, 2021
Carry on, tbh, you aren't worth me wasting my time, I wipe off the dust from my feet on people like you.
The truth must really hurt you. Well like they say if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

When you preach two Gods you preach heresy and should be shunned. You claim to preach the word of God then you will be judged by it and you are found wanting.
I would feel sorry for you except you have been shown the error of your ways and still refuse to repent. Your end has been foretold. Lest you think I am the one that judges you, no it is not me it is God. You have thrown His name under the bus and you feel no shame.
How dare you call yourself a preacher of Gods' word.

S

SophieT

The truth must really hurt you. Well like they say if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

When you preach two Gods you preach heresy and should be shunned. You claim to preach the word of God then you will be judged by it and you are found wanting.
I would feel sorry for you except you have been shown the error of your ways and still refuse to repent. Your end has been foretold. Lest you think I am the one that judges you, no it is not me it is God. You have thrown His name under the bus and you feel no shame.
How dare you call yourself a preacher of Gods' word.
he already told you that you are wasting your time and he should know

if he is really a 'preacher', can you imagine being in his church or if he preaches in other churches, the error that he spreads wherever he goes?

this dude is so far off the ledge, he is wiping the dust off his own feet

Justified

Jul 13, 2021
he already told you that you are wasting your time and he should know

if he is really a 'preacher', can you imagine being in his church or if he preaches in other churches, the error that he spreads wherever he goes?

this dude is so far off the ledge, he is wiping the dust off his own feet
Must admit never had someone tell me that B4. Wonder what "TBH" means? But at the least I am good for something. :);)

S

SophieT

Must admit never had someone tell me that B4. Wonder what "TBH" means? But at the least I am good for something. :);)
don't know what that stands for either

I looked it up...'to be honest'

to be honest, he sounds like some kind of 'holiness' adherent, perennially walking around with a dark cloud over his head and a scowl

grrrrrr......

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I must have the person on ignore because I can't see his posts. From SophieT's and Justified's replies I think I made a good choice. :)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The opposite of God is Evil, thus when Satan gave into rebellion, he took heed to evil seduction.

NOTICE: The bible calls it the spirit of anti-christ which really means ant-God because Jesus is God.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The bible doesn't call it the Spirit of Satan, does it? It calls it the Spirit that is AGAINST God or anti-God. Satan heeded the spirit of rebellion, the spirit of insubordination, the spirit of evil in that it is against God. God is eternal, thus the opposite of God has to also be eternal, just a fact that anything that opposes God is EVIL. If you can't grasp that its on you, not me.
who was the serpent ? And what was his motive derived from ?

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭14:12-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭10:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It was pride that caused creations fall
His pride and why this was created for him who is himself the deceiver and not deceived

“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:41‬ ‭KJV‬‬

he wasn’t deceived by another he was given glory and became proud and deceived the angels and deceived men still today but his lot is already cast and his end is sure for his deception

“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

he wasn’t deceived he is the deceiver and who we need salvation from

Sep 8, 2021
He didn't.

He created beings perfect or good, whether angelic or human, and gave them the ability to make free will choices.

Sin was introduced into this creation when Satan willfully chose to rebel against God.

I believe that we see this here in what God said about this "cherub" or angelic being:

Ezekiel chapter 28

[13] Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
[14] Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
[15] Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
[16] By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
[17] Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

This "cherub" or angelic being was "perfect in its ways from the day that it was created, TILL INIQUITY WAS FOUND IN IT".

Apparently, it "sinned" when its "heart was lifted up because of its beauty" or because of PRIDE.

And so it goes until today...
Thanks for sharing the scripture to back up your position. However I still do not understand how God did not create sin because nothing that exists does so that He did not create. Can this be something that the logical mind can actually understand or is this something that falls into the category of believing by faith only?

Sep 8, 2021
Adam did that,the question you might ask is why did he allow sin to be created?? He did know what would happen after all. The reason I believe is because God himself had a need to become needed by others. For what man or women created does not have a need to be needed by someone else? A baby has that need at birth! Just something to consider is all.
I appreciate your response. Yes the better question would be why did He allow sin to be created, thanks

Aug 20, 2021
LOL God did not create Sin, God is Holy and cannot be a part of sin or sinning.

The idea that God created everything is in the context of Gen chapter 1 -3 God created everything GOOD!. Why because the very nature of God is GOOD.

God entrusted to man and angels with free will to do what is GOOD by the very example that God Himself has displayed.

The atheistic argument that God created sin because " God created everything right? " false narrative is from a perverted mindset.

No one is denying God created everything IN context to what is given from GENesis chapter 1 through 3 GOD made it GOOD.
god given common sense hell is a evil place..Thous an evil creation

Justified

Jul 13, 2021
Thanks for sharing the scripture to back up your position. However I still do not understand how God did not create sin because nothing that exists does so that He did not create. Can this be something that the logical mind can actually understand or is this something that falls into the category of believing by faith only?
Perhaps this will help.
What you should understand is that sin is not a thing, it is an attitude. It is a state of mind.
I love my wife but I can not pack some of my love for her in a box as a gift but it is real none the less. We can say the same for your faith, you can not feel it or even give it away to help someone believe.
God did not create sin, it is an attitude of I will do it my own way, I know what's best for me.
Sin is the absence of the good.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

this created sin

“And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭2:16-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:4-6‬ ‭

you then from thier first born son see the entrance of sin into the world

“And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭

remember man was created in Gods image and given dominion over all the earth ? Man created sin by transgressing what sin is rooted in is the conflict between good and evil now it has gotten into man Cain was approached by sin outside of him ot was seeking to overcome man at that point and it did now we’re stuck here in the snare the knowledge of good and evil caused this

“I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:21, 23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it has infiltrated us changed us from what God created us for very good creations into those who are conflicted by good and evil within our hearts and minds and bodies.

man created sin , God gave us freedom And dominion and Satan exploited it to create the great divide between God and man so he could rule for a time on earth through mans evil inclinations

God created mankind , mankind then created sin through transgression and brought death to Man

“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

( that’s why we need Christs passover)

the law came about 1500 years or more afterwards to reveal to Man thier sin and impute it upon man

“Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

because we knew both good and evil we became ignorant of good without evil ( holiness) the image of God

sin began with Adam but the law didn’t come until much later as a response to sin it wasn’t imputed before the law so Cain wasn’t killed for his sin , Abraham wasn’t credited with his lies ect because where there was no law , sin cannot be imputed

“(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The law came to expose sin To mankind and impute it to us to prepare the world for repentance and remission of sins through Christ the only way of salvstion because all are plagued with the curse we created of sin and subsequent death

Gods work has always been to keep us from sin and death but being made free , and not slaves …..we keep transgressing his word of life like adam
And Eve did , like Cain did , like israel did , like men continue to do because we won’t accept the circumcision of Christ that does this

“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:3-4, 6-8, 11-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It seems impossible until we believe but he is able to end sins dominion in us and over us not only take the punishment for our sins but free us from it so we can walk upright through faith created by the gospel

CS1

May 23, 2012
god given common sense hell is an evil place..Thous an evil creation
the word Evil is descriptive. it is also a noun and can be a verb. Out of an evil heart comes evil. Hell God made for the devil and his angels not for man.

Aug 20, 2021
the word Evil is descriptive. it is also a noun and can be a verb. Out of an evil heart comes evil. Hell God made for the devil and his angels not for man.
that does make it a less evil place.

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
gee...that is not what God says about me at all

get a mirror, look into it and say 'you big hypocrite...you judged half the people in the thread and when someone called you on it, you judged them also."

you're welcome
There was no attack on this thread or anyone. Simply put, I deemed most of the responses as superficial. Perhaps you don't know the definition of this word.

Superficial - Existing on the surface of something or to believe is true until proper examination.

My attempt was, to get others to think more deeply upon the subject. The fact that you took it personally, is interesting in itself. Perhaps when you mature, you will learn the art of conversation. Meaningful conversation is the exchange of ideas - not a childish tantrum, when one disagrees with your view.

Aug 20, 2021
There was no attack on this thread or anyone. Simply put, I deemed most of the responses as superficial. Perhaps you don't know the definition of this word.

Superficial - Existing on the surface of something or to believe is true until proper examination.

My attempt was, to get others to think more deeply upon the subject. The fact that you took it personally, is interesting in itself. Perhaps when you mature, you will learn the art of conversation. Meaningful conversation is the exchange of ideas - not a childish tantrum, when one disagrees with your view.
Not a perfunctory supposition nor a false premise :p