Why do Catholics receive so much hate???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Don't you get that feeling based on most of the responses to this thread? It's called purity spiraling. If you don't believe exactly like me, then you must not be Christian at all! I think that these people are honest and sincere. But I also think that purity spiraling is a tool used by our enemies to destroy unity within Christianity.
It's so true. Im not familiar with this term "purity spiraling" but i imagine it's like pride.
It is used by THE enemy to divide us. We should only have one enemy.

IMO, perhaps the saddest point in the history of mankind was Martin Luther's schism from the church. He had some valid points. The church should have said "Yup, you're right! Selling indulgences is wrong! We'll stop!" But instead, they let pride take over and and attacked the messenger. Then Luther, feeling attacked, went too far and divided Christianity. Others followed and now we've got thousands of protestant denominations. This division led to one brother war after another. I think it's clearly the work of satan.
Thats what made me cry so much when i came back to God. I was ignorant, i thought Christianity was a few churches who were friendly like family...

So identifying Satan in the church and learning about all the division he had created was one of the most gut wrenching experiences in my spiritual journey...

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Dang it, I needed to do a little editing on that post, but didn't get done in 5 minutes limitation. "clearly the work of satan" is not how I ought to have said that.
Ye i noticed the 5 minute timer on editing... But how would you have said it then?
I believe that division is a tool used by the evil one in Christianity, society and family

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
the biggest sin in the doctrine that is leading people to hell is the doctrine of the catholic church known as "Transubstantiation"

they believe the wine & bread turn into the actual blood and body of Jesus. Therefore How could you not go to heaven having received the literal body and blood of the Lord Jesus? Every Mass performance this. In fact, you can't partake if you are not a catholic. They don't ask you if you are one to receive it but they will tell you before you do.
Believing in Transubstantiation will send you to hell. Really. Where does it say that in the bible?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
those things will not send you to hell but they do not get you into heaven either. And that is what they are taught.
Ye ok but i want to know what all the fuss is about, which doctrines will send you to hell.
So far im only persuaded by hail Mary's

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Ok so these are some of the most serious teachings that will send a Catholic to hell...

Hail Mary's is the obvious one to me. But...
Do you go to hell if you pray for a dead soul? Biblical citation please
Do you go to hell if you confess to a priest? Biblical citation please.
The priest doesn't forgive our sins, God does.

Is that all? I was expecting something more dire than those two, their not things that i could imagine being thrown into the lake of fire for
Simple fact none of those things have anything to do with being thrown into the lake of fire. All men stand condemned before God. The only ones to avoid the lake of fire are those who have been forgiven and had their sins cleansed by the blood of Christ. This is accomplished by grace not by works. Romans chapter 3 covers this quite well. Romans chapter 10 gives us a pattern of how men need to respond to the gospel. Ephesians 3 gives us the means by which God in His sovereignty saves souls.

It is quite easy to carried away with the idea that works produce salvation. Works follow salvation they do not produce salvation. Gods grace which is apart from works produces salvation.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

CS1

May 23, 2012
I have Catholic friends that absolutely believe the priest forgives their sin. They believe the Pope is Christ on earth and his word is law. They believe they can pray and pay a loved one into heaven. All this is heresy and I'm not certain it's a matter of salvation but I wouldn't want to wait to find out.

yes, it is a heresy and that is taught by the RCC. Those people have led astray, I believe it is an issue of salvation because heresies to not send you to hell Sin does. If they do not come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ they are on their way to hell. I have led many Catholics to the Lord all glory to God and I can tell you they are open to Jesus. And I use Mary to present Jesus as Lord and Savior and the only way to God. and Eternal life. Sometimes we are more focused on proving a Heresy to people instead of presenting The Jesus we claim to know :). Tell someone they are wrong in teaching that every family member holds too, will not go over well. But giving them Jesus works everytime:)

CS1

May 23, 2012
Believing in Transubstantiation will send you to hell. Really. Where does it say that in the bible?
leading and sending one to hell are two different things. One who is led to hell still has the hope of salvation I did not say they are going to hell that is a judgment please do not twist my words. Those who do not accept Jesus AS Lord and Savior will go to hell. Those who teach heresies are helping to lead people from God. Nowhere in the Bible does it say taking the wine and bread will save you.

Jesus said to do this in remembrance of ME. and Paul restated that in 1cor 11.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
If the priest doesn't forgive sin why do you say "bless me Father, for I have sinned"? Why are you confessing to a man at all instead of to Jesus, who forgives sin? The Bible is clear that once you have died you go to heaven or hell, there is no in between, there is no holding place till your family pays your way into heaven. If you read the Bible for yourself, and many Catholics don't, you'd know this. I assume you do read the Bible for yourself. The pope is not Christ on earth, in or out of the "chair" he doesn't speak for anyone but himself. He has no power, he's no closer to God than anyone else. Now, I'm not saying there aren't sincere people in the church, God knows the heart but these are very serious heretical teachings that are leading people astray. Now you asked the question. It's not fair of you to get angry at people who answer your question.
Angry, who is getting angry? Im not angry, are you? Sorry if u feel that way, it was never my intention
I think maybe u are trying to read between the lines and jumping to conclusions my friend

I simply asked for biblical reference to the claim that those things would send someone to hell...

CS1

May 23, 2012
Ye ok but i want to know what all the fuss is about, which doctrines will send you to hell.
So far im only persuaded by hail Mary's
again your term sends you to hell is your term I have not said that but those who do not accept Jesus Christ As Lord and Savior before they die will go to hell. And the teaching held to by the RCC such as

1. praying to dead saints
  2. transubstantiation
  3. penance
  4. Pope being Christ
  5. working for salvation
None of that will stop one from going to hell.

Got it :)

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
If they do not come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ they are on their way to hell
Has the RCC denounced Jesus as our saviour without my knowledge???
Cos it seems like your saying that Catholics don't believe that Jesus is our saviour...
If so then you have a huge misunderstanding of Catholic teaching.
Where did u get that idea from anyway?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
leading and sending one to hell are two different things. One who is led to hell still has the hope of salvation I did not say they are going to hell that is a judgment please do not twist my words. Those who do not accept Jesus AS Lord and Savior will go to hell. Those who teach heresies are helping to lead people from God. Nowhere in the Bible does it say taking the wine and bread will save you.

Jesus said to do this in remembrance of ME. and Paul restated that in 1cor 11.
again your term sends you to hell is your term I have not said that but those who do not accept Jesus Christ As Lord and Savior before they die will go to hell. And the teaching held to by the RCC such as

1. praying to dead saints
  2. transubstantiation
  3. penance
  4. Pope being Christ
  5. working for salvation
None of that will stop one from going to hell.

Got it :)

Excuse me, my bad. Some people were saying that there are doctrines that will send Catholics to hell, it was them who i thought i was addressing...

Your distinction between leading and sending is interesting but...

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
This kind of "they are led by Satan and are going to hell" rhetoric that comes from some people really has no biblical foundation. As long as you believe in faith alone then the Catholics are there with you weather you like it or not... LoL...

The term Protestant comes from the word protest. Someone told me once that some of them are still protesting... I laughed but maybe he was right after all.

God Bless

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Can u guys please be more

specific. I asked which doctrines would send Catholics to hell.
So far i've only had one which is intercession with Mary. What else?
Purgatory, and the closely aligned indulgences to lessen a loved ones, or prepay for yourself, time in purgatory.
Damnable heresy. And trampling on the Blood of Christ.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Angry, who is getting angry? Im not angry, are you? Sorry if u feel that way, it was never my intention
I think maybe u are trying to read between the lines and jumping to conclusions my friend

I simply asked for biblical reference to the claim that those things would send someone to hell...
The only thing that will send you to hell is rejecting Jesus. Do you have a bible in comprehensible English you can read?
It's always good to research for yourself and draw closer to God by praying & reading his words, his thoughts, his plans.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Purgatory, and the closely aligned indulgences to lessen a loved ones, or prepay for yourself, time in purgatory.
Damnable heresy. And trampling on the Blood of Christ.
So in your opinion the RCCs teaching of purgatory is leading legions of people to eternal destruction.
And where does the bible say this?

May 31, 2020
So in your opinion the RCCs teaching of purgatory is leading legions of people to eternal destruction.
Serve God or mammon.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Galatians 1:7-9

For the cause of Christ
Roger