Why do Catholics receive so much hate???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So in your opinion the RCCs teaching of purgatory is leading legions of people to eternal destruction. And where does the bible say this?
First of all Purgatory is an invention of the Roman Catholic Church. Even the Orthodox churches reject it. God has not given men the liberty to INVENT theology, since He has given us a divine revelation in the Bible.

The way that the RCC leads people to eternal destruction is by giving sinners a false hope of salvation through the *sacrament* of baptism. Salvation is NOT in the sacraments, nor in the Catholic Church. Salvation is purely and exclusively by God's grace, in and through Christ and His finished work of redemption (which does not include Mary).

No one goes to Purgatory so that they can be prayed out of Purgatory. There are only two options for all men: (1) salvation through Christ alone, which guarantees that the believer will be in Heaven upon his/her death, or (2) no salvation by any other means, and the soul and spirit will end up in Hades, in order to await their final judgment for eternal Hell.

The Catholic Church vehemently opposed the Five Solas of the Protestant Reformers (all of which are based on Scripture). What do they teach?

The Five Solas are:
  1. Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
  2. Sola Fide (“faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
  3. Sola Gratia (“grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
  4. Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
  5. Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone.

May 31, 2020
Can u guys please be more specific. I asked which doctrines would send Catholics to hell.
So far i've only had one which is intercession with Mary. What else?
I’ve worked with countless Catholics who put the RCC above Jesus Christ. I have quoted Jesus regarding grace and eternal life and they refuse to receive it because the RCC says otherwise. Very sad.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Has the RCC denounced Jesus as our saviour without my knowledge???
Cos it seems like your saying that Catholics don't believe that Jesus is our saviour...
If so then you have a huge misunderstanding of Catholic teaching.
Where did u get that idea from anyway?
well if you want to be specific the leader of the RRC the Pope has already said there are other ways to God. To your question yes.

F

Fundamental

Because they listen to the pope and change their opinions with their popes. The seed of their faith is been given the wrong water. I have been to catholic schools so I somehow know how the true doctrine was thrown out.
Popes are “father” of all catholic churches and a pope feels entittled to speak for all christians.

Jesus said to name no man on earth your father but God.
I strongly and firmly believe the evil one has invaded churches and those not really being invaded by the evil one are too silent. In Europe we had some scandals and I was shocked on how “untouchable” the catholic hierarchy is.

Catholic themselves might not always be worldly, but their churches sure are. I just passed a catholic church also being used as celltower. Right over a residential space with flats in between of all that magnetic radiation. They get money for that.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Cos it seems like your saying that Catholics don't believe that Jesus is our saviour...
One I was raised catholic. To I have heard this in Masses three it is in their foundational doctrines.

May 31, 2020
I asked for a biblical reference... That is your response... And u believe u serve God...
Such hate doesn't come from our Lord my friend
Hatred? I quoted Scripture in a spirit of guidance. Teaching people they can pay for their sins with money is serving money, not God. Not to mention that teaching people about purgatory devalues the fullness of Jesus Christ.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Ye that's why i don't understand. Some people say that faith alone saves unless your Catholic
Some protestants, it seems to be an American bible-belt specialty, spend more time learning about Catholicism than Catholics do.
They think everyone that's Catholic wants to kiss The Pope's ring. ;)
There are hours of teachings focussing on everything both historical & modern that has gone wrong or has ever been done wrong in the Catholic church. Never the good though. They only learn about it from one perspective. Some can't let go of that negative focus & forgive. Major differences remain but I think there are problems on both sides not only with Catholics.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Because they listen to the pope and change their opinions with their popes. The seed of their faith is been given the wrong water. I have been to catholic schools so I somehow know how the true doctrine was thrown out.
Popes are “father” of all catholic churches and a pope feels entittled to speak for all christians.

Jesus said to name no man on earth your father but God.
I strongly and firmly believe the evil one has invaded churches and those not really being invaded by the evil one are too silent. In Europe we had some scandals and I was shocked on how “untouchable” the catholic hierarchy is.

Catholic themselves might not always be worldly, but their churches sure are. I just passed a catholic church also being used as celltower. Right over a residential space with flats in between of all that magnetic radiation. They get money for that.
many do not understand the context of Jesu saying in Matthew 23 not to call and earthly man father Yet Jesus " father Abraham "

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
One I was raised catholic. To I have heard this in Masses three it is in their foundational doctrines.

Denying Jesus has NEVER EVER been a foundational doctrine of the Catholic or Orthodox Churches.
It's the opposite. Affirming Jesus as the crucified saviour of mankind is necessary for Catholics.
You can't possibly have had that impression being raised as Catholic.
The declaration of faith in Father, Son & Holy Spirit is recited at every mass and has been longer than you have lived.

F

Fundamental

many do not understand the context of Jesu saying in Matthew 23 not to call and earthly man father Yet Jesus " father Abraham "
Maybe a misunderstanding there from my part. But I’m sure not seeing the body of Christ in many catholic churches anymore. The Vatican even accepted the theory of evillucion which lead to teaching it in christian schools here. The catholic church I know has conformed to this world to survive because most christians I know don’t go to catholic churches anymore.

And because the true doctrine is not taught anymore, people (not just catholics) get filled with hatred.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Excuse me, my bad. Some people were saying that there are doctrines that will send Catholics to hell, it was them who i thought i was addressing...

Your distinction between leading and sending is interesting but...
As someone who went out of the Orthodox church, I believe that @CS1 means that catholic heresies will not 100% surely condemn you to hell. There are saved people in all denominations. But strange teachings do draw one away from God. The world and constant temptation and distraction in the world is already trying to draw our attentions away from Him and drown out His voice. So if the church isn't 100% focused on God's truth, people are put at risk, being led to focus on praying repetitive prayers and other things that are not taught in the Bible, instead of drawing closer to God and focusing on applying His teachings daily where the meat of the Word is. People are ritual laden and might not focus on the substance of faith. That's where the problem is. You are an honest person and I have faith you will do good if you keep studying the Word of God.

K

kaylagrl

Angry, who is getting angry? Im not angry, are you? Sorry if u feel that way, it was never my intention
I think maybe u are trying to read between the lines and jumping to conclusions my friend

I simply asked for biblical reference to the claim that those things would send someone to hell...

Ok, angry was too strong a word then, you're upset with the answers. I did give Biblical ref. when I answered the second time.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Maybe a misunderstanding there from my part. But I’m sure not seeing the body of Christ in many catholic churches anymore. The Vatican even accepted the theory of evillucion which lead to teaching it in christian schools here. The catholic church I know has conformed to this world to survive because most christians I know don’t go to catholic churches anymore.

And because the true doctrine is not taught anymore, people (not just catholics) get filled with hatred.
Most of the established Church denominations are suffering from corruption of some form.
I've wrestled with it. Do we all stop going in protest? Or will that just make it worse because the believers are gone and only administration & leadership remain? We all have to decide for ourselves don't we?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Galatians 1:7-9

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I appreciate your response as everyone else has been avoiding this question.

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse

So u believe that "let them be under God's curse" means that the ones being preached to are going to hell. I don't think so but at least u provided something.

I guess you believe that your gospel is the one true gospel. So out of 40,000 Christian denominations you are confident that yours has the only true gospel... U must be one of the few that are blessed then hey. Which church is yours?

CS1

May 23, 2012
This kind of "they are led by Satan and are going to hell" rhetoric that comes from some people really has no biblical foundation. As long as you believe in faith alone then the Catholics are there with you weather you like it or not... LoL...

The term Protestant comes from the word protest. Someone told me once that some of them are still protesting... I laughed but maybe he was right after all.

God Bless
no again please don't read into my comments. The context of Lead is with those who teach error and false teachings. Jesus said very clearly do not be deceived. IF you read John 16:13 Jesus said the Holy Spirit will guide you( Lead )you into all truth.
men who guide or lead other men and women from the truth of God are not of God. And if that Leadership such as the POPE today has stated that

in context to atheist

" Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience." ( http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...o-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html)

This is subtle but the last statement is UNBIBLICAL. Our conscience does not make us right with God. Only Jesus . For you to suggest one has not Biblical foundation and be insulting please look at Mass I have yet to se one Bible carried in my those who attend it. So the biblical illiteracy is with those in that context who rely on men to give it to them. You are taking it personally,

No one here said they hate or dislike RCC People. So I suggest you let that go. And FYI I'm not Protestant. I'm not protesting the RCC nor more than I am a cult. BUT The truth is the RCC teaches false doctrine whether you like it or not.

CS1

May 23, 2012
FYI LDS believe Jesus is the savior. Even demon believe that. your point ?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Ok, angry was too strong a word then, you're upset with the answers. I did give Biblical ref. when I answered the second time.
You gave a bible reference, as in book, chapter, verse number?
If so i missed it sorry, please direct me to it.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Denying Jesus has NEVER EVER been a foundational doctrine of the Catholic or Orthodox Churches.
It's the opposite. Affirming Jesus as the crucified saviour of mankind is necessary for Catholics.
You can't possibly have had that impression being raised as Catholic.
The declaration of faith in Father, Son & Holy Spirit is recited at every mass and has been longer than you have lived.
they teach salvation by communion , and praying for dead loves one to go to heaven.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
no again please don't read into my comments
I said some people, not u.

No one here said they hate or dislike RCC People. So I suggest you let that go
I don't think i accused anyone on here as being a hater of Catholics.
But some of the responses are fairly clear.
The post "You serve God or mammon" someone (not u) gave, doesn't exactly come from a place of love...

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
FYI LDS believe Jesus is the savior. Even demon believe that. your point ?
U think i was trying to make a point when the post finished off with a question mark...
Okay then... I think i've learnt a bit from this thread... I'll let u guys continue
God Bless